main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you know you're an EU fan if... (cont.)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by mistrylshadowguard, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    ...Ordered fleek eel at a sushi restaraunt.

...Have actually made a batch of Wookie Cookies.

...Have the SW Holiday Special on laser disc.

...Wookeepedia is on your favorites list for quick referencing.

...You actually met a guy named Larone and asked to see his blaster.

2. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    -if you've mixed up star wars history with real history at school

3. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    ...if you always catch yourself walking instep to "Vader's March"

...if you'd rather be at happy hour at a tapcaf

...if you've nicknamed your Pinto Wild Karrde

4. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    ... you have a dream in which you are a Jedi hunting Yuuzhan Vong and wield a two-phase lightsaber. (like the one that Corran and Gantoris both built.)

5. Darth_Kiba

Darth_Kiba Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2008
    ....If you see diamonds (and such) as possible lightsaber crystals.
    ....If you want to ritualisticly mutalate yourself, and tattoo your body. (To show your rank, and caste of course)
    ....If you base your daily schedule on how many hours you want to read everyday.
    ....if you replace "cool", with "rugged". (see Rogue Planet for details)
    ....if you've spent more than $400 buying all Star Wars novels.
    ....If you starve yourself everyday, to save up your lunch money to buy "Revelation"
    ....if you live by the jedi code.
    ....if you live by the Sith code.
    ....if you spend all of your free time reading, and re-reading star wars novels.

6. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    ... you realize one of your coworkers looks like a Gammorrean.

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    If you try to deflect stray ping-pong balls with a pool cue.
    If you name a pet bird "Vergere".
    If you quote Ganner's last stand while playing video games.

8. Darth_Dial-Up

Darth_Dial-Up Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2007
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I can't believe my thread is still on page 1. (mistrylshadowguard was my original username.)

9. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    It's like mine (about the things EU Characters would NEVER say) ... it comes and goes.

That said, I better post something on topic.

If you've ever had a debate as to how the Sun Crusher's torpedoes worked(guilty, with my ex-girlfriend, to boot).

10. Darth_Whatshisface_

Darth_Whatshisface_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2008
    When asked to pick an example comparin/contrasting good and evil in enlish class, you pick luke/vader, revan, bane, Jacen/Caedus,...

When you initial the book The Lord of the Flies as LotF, see the connection and laugh

Go to sites like this because you can't have an intelligent discussion about SW with anyone you know

11. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Admiral_Riva_Denais Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2008
    Yes. You also wish that almost all of the hot Jedi were real
    - Exar Kun (ok, he's not a jedi. he's still hot.)
    - Anakin (squee!)

you also know if you're an EU fan if you go through the list of characters of your gender looking for your name. I did!

12. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Mar 30, 2008
    Ok, i know i just posted. I just have to say, our computer tech is a SW fan as well, and we were dealing with 2 different computers. One of them was named B4, and I christened the other one TC-17, (the girl C-3P0 in EP I) so we wouldn't get confused.

13. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    If somebody mentions that they like Star Wars and the first words out of your mouth are 'So what do you think of the Solo Twins?' or 'Isn't Jacen a complete idiot these days?'.

If you watch something that you would have loved before you discovered the EU and find it entirely cheesy now because their over-use of movie-lines and non-use of the cool book lines.

If you've read one of the books so much that it's as beat up in one year as your much older copy of a favorite non-SW book was in 5.

If you watch the old movies and can't help tearing up when you see Chewie because of the stupid NJO. (Why any of us read far enough past that to get to Anakin's death is what I wanna know.)

14. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Mar 30, 2008
    You've been working on a list like this (the following) for about a month. Ps. Sorry for any repeats!

You know you?re way too obsessed wit he EU if...
    Ûž Instead of doing your Bible (as literature, lol) study guide for English class (bleah!), you learn how to write in Aurebesh, and proceed to write profanity (if you are so inclined) in Aurebesh in the margins.
    ۞ You find yourself referencing mundane Star Wars situations/characters (Rukh, Thrawn, Jacen, Mara, Kyp Durron, Cade Skywalker, Tionne Sosular¸ Exar Kun, other such things) while talking to a significant other (mom/sibling/boyfriend/girlfriend) and when they stare blankly at you, you respond, ?Oh, you wouldn?t understand. It?s a Star Wars thing.?
    Ûž You daydream more about your hot Star Wars lover(s) (KYP and Grand Admiral Thrawn!) than about your own boyfriend/girlfriend (if you are so lucky as to have/want one).
    Ûž For any situation in your life that?s confusing/hard to deal with, you reference what one of your favorite Star Wars characters did in the same kind of situation.
    Ûž You draw lightsaber schematics in science class.
    Ûž You?ve planned your wedding (as well as your kids? names) with the Star Wars hottie of your choice. Me: Kyp Durron. Boy: Apollo Nikolai, or Nikolai Jacen. Girl: Rose or Lily Katherine.
    Ûž You have an ongoing list reasons why you?re so obsessed with the EU, most of these stemming from your own life.
    Ûž You look over the lists of reasons other people have made, and you think ?Ooh! That sounds fun!? Then you think, ?Ooh! Been there, done that.?
    Ûž You get really excited when they say ?EU? on the news, then you get really depressed when they talk about Germany and France, instead of Bpfassh and Kashyyk.
    Ûž Your are currently learning (or practicing) how to write in Aurebesh.
    Ûž You begin to write an Aurebesh, but when translated, it ends up being written in English letters, but in the Latin language, just to make it doubly confusing.
    Ûž You currently have at least one ongoing fanfic about your favorite Star Wars characters, and have many ideas for others floating around in your head.
    Ûž You?ve made your own fanfic about original characters, but it?s still noticeably set in the Star Wars galaxy.
    Ûž You wonder how some of the sexy Star Wars characters would be like in bed.
    Ûž You?ve actually wrote a fanfic about how your favorite Star Wars character is in bed. (it?s really hot)
    Ûž You wish you were the lucky girl (or boy) in your aforementioned fanfic.
    Ûž You?ve found situations in which (in my case) I was not given a ballet part that I knew I could have done, and had the stamina for, and you?ve realized how Anakin feels (in Ep 3) (Or ?Now I know how _insert character here_ feels like when _blank happens_.) (Can you say: Almost crying in ballet class when your teacher puts the steps that you won?t get to do because you?re not the lead? Can you also say: I came home from ballet class and cried for at least an hour and a half because it was so unfair? {I really could have done that part, but instead, it was given to someone else!})
    Ûž You?ve inserted Star Wars swearwords into your conversations, instead of English ones. (kriff, sithspit, blaster bolts, thank the Force, what in the worlds?! Emperor?s black bones!)
    Ûž When anyone says something even remotely Star Wars related (Sun cr...., It?s a trap, and suchlike) you jump up and down and either complete the Star Wars quote, or try to start a conversation (usually this is really awkward) with them about said topic.
    Ûž You keep this list up at all times when you?re at your computer (which happens to have a droid service number as its name, mine?s TC-14) just in case you think of something new to add to this list.
    Ûž In Band Class, you high-five your friend, because you both know that TIE in TIE fighter stands for Twin Ion Engine.
    Ûž You also debate with the same aforementioned friend whether you could make a hyperspace jump short enough for it to be like semi-telep

15. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Whoo! I'm learning Aurebesh! Don't you wish someone offered a class on stuff like that, like fictional languages. Say Aurebesh, elvish, dwarvish, etc...*grins* Yes I've given this alot of thought. XD

16. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    If you tried to come up with a last name for Zekk.

If you refer to Wedge Antilles as TAWG. (very guilty of this)

If once the the Spore Creature Creator comes out you're going to try to create creatures from the SW universe.

17. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Mar 30, 2008
    Dude, i pretty much live and breathe aurebesh! check out aurebeshsoup.com

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    If you Jedi mind-trick pushy salespeople.

If you ever wish you had a case or three of Whyren's Reserve.

If you describe your annoying foster sister as "Tahiri's mouth with Mission Vao's attitude."

19. Admiral_Riva_Denais

Mar 30, 2008
    And if those mind tricks actually work!

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    if you ever wonder what ryshcate tastes like

21. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    They seem to ... try it. [face_mischief]

If you get into a fistfight over which green-eyed man Jaina Solo should marry.

Edit: If you imagine you're at Trader Ship Row on Corellia whenever you visit a rowdier beach-front.

22. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    you tell one of Jacen Solo's bad jokes to your boss who knows nothing about star wars.

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    On the car radio a few minutes ago I heard a news report about a local lake and some swimming pools that were closed and being
    treated for the cryptos virus. I was sitting there going OMG the krytos virus!!:eek: Then I remembered that it wasn't real.:p

24. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    you ask "What the force is that," when you don't understand something.

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Or "What in the Nine Corellian Hells?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.