main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you know you're an EU fan if... (cont.)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by mistrylshadowguard, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    you call someone a force-blind space jockey

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    If you write in "Mon Mothma" or "Garm Bel Iblis" on ballots when you're fed up with the "real" candidates.

3. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    ...if you ever asked a drug using friend if he had any glitterstim...

4. zanerayhen

zanerayhen Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2008
    when someone tells you they think something is going to be hard, and you reply "Feel, dont think... use your instincts..." (not EU but still...)[face_whistling]

5. astromech_kuhns

astromech_kuhns Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2008
    you know your a EU fan when you....

are posting some of these.

ramble in mando all the time.

learned everything you know about politics from starwars.

take a huge osik and say "srry it took so long, i had to give into the dark side of the force".

say klicks instead of miles or Kilometers.

have about ten pages of papers sitting beside you that have mando words and meanings on them.

cry cause etain tur-mukan died.

when you report to your parents saying "yes sir" or "yes ma'am" like a clone.

in history class your teacher says "the original gangster"(refering to alcapone) and you think of jabba.

listen to "vode an" everyday.

whent to CIV and had mara jade sighn the picture you paid 5 credits for and her signiture that you payed 10 credits for.

make a star wars trivia for others that is mildly hard for you and you ask someone to recite a mando song.

guilty of all these!

6. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008

You know you're an EU fan if..
    you consider the EU books better than the movies :)

7. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    oh, and
    .. you wish anakin solo was real. and didnt die. because he would make the best boyfriend ever :)

8. Gurthrim_Lah

Gurthrim_Lah Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2008
    you know you're an EU fan if...

you say "kane a bar" (Yuuzhan Vong Translation: "Dung of a meat maggot") everyday. :D

9. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    This is a combination of EU, Hitchhikers Guide, and Spore:

...if you ever wondered what would happen if the Bith and the Vogons went to war against each other.

10. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    QFT

You know you're an EU fan when your parents ask you what you want for Christmas and you start rattling off the names of each book you don't have and they ask you to slow down so they can understand what you're saying.:D

11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    You know your a fan of the EU if you know who Qymaen jai Sheelal is :)

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    You have tried to make ryshcate, and gotten into an argument on how much nuts and alcohol you should have in it based on the description, not on the taste.

13. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    if you swear in Star wars swear words.
    the other day i lost something and said kriff it!
    then i said sithspawn, and my friends were like what? LOL

14. lukelover1222

lukelover1222 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2008
    I look through all of this and I'm sitting here pointing and laughing because I've done almost everything in here...

anyway, you know if you're an EU fan if you know more about Star Wars history than you do about world history...
    :D

15. Celeste_Morne

Celeste_Morne Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2008
    Guilty of all the following...

...when you've finished a tough test in the last period of the day in high school on a Friday, ride the bus home and as you stride to your house, you can't hold back a triumphant, "Kandosii sa karta, vode an!!!!"

...when everyone in school asks you to resolve star wars questions.

...when you clamor over on rebelscum for action figures of all the Legacy, KOTOR, NJO and LOTF characters.

...when you are almost bowled over when someone else in your school actually knows who Darth Krayt is.

...when you fantasize about EU hotties. Jarael? Celeste? Marasiah? I know not of what you speak. [face_love]

...when you know more planets in Star Wars than in real life:
    Real:
    Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.
    SW:
    Coruscant, Had Abbadon (Vector nut? Who, me?), Felucia, Polis Massa, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Geonosis, Kamino, Mustafar, Utapau, Cato Neimodia, Orto Plutonia, Alderaan, Corellia, Dagobah, Hoth, Bespin, Dantooine, Endor, Wayland, Subterrel, Ansion, Bogden, Ord Mantell, Mandalore, Ossus, Taris, Ziost, Hapes, Korriban, Rakata Prime, Malachor V, Nar Shaddaa...need I go on?

And the ultimate one I am guilty of:

When the number one thing you dream about is Star Wars merchandise. No kidding. I have had many a dream about new SW action figures and Legos in Toys R Us. Two nights ago in fact, I dreamed of new super articulated Jacen Solo, Mara Jade and ROTJ Palpatine. Sigh......(note: Lord of the Rings merchandise dreams are a close second....oh, the countless times I have dreamed of LOTR cards ands miniatures for sale at my school cafeteria......)

16. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    When you are in science class learning about Astronomy, and the teacher says that scientists believe there is a black hole in the middle of the Milky Way, and you go, 'omgosh, thats like the Star Wars galaxy with the Maw in the middle' :D:D

17. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    When you watch a sporting event and wish you had Jedi Battle Meditation to help your team win.

18. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    When you read everything here and nod your head. Ahh I can relate to all.

19. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    New here so I hope I do not repeat (read some but not all)

...you log on to Wookieepedia to get background info on a new (to you) character you just read about.

...you hope and pray to God that Lucas comes out with Episodes 7-9 and that Mara Jade, the Solo kids, and Ben are in it (along with the other usual characters of the EU).

...you at one time joined the Rebel Legion Forum to be Padme, but after reading the EU books, you switched to Mara.

...you have signed TWO petitions to bring back Mara Jade Skywalker.

...you watch the movies knowing the "background information."

...you look for Mara in Jabba's Palace in ROTJ, even though she is not there.

...you are reading more than one EU book at a time.

...you spend half of the Mall Gift card you got for Christmas on EU books (I got 4.)

...you like Hot Chocolate a LOT more now.

...you would like to get your hands on some glitterstem when the truth really matters.

...you have friended Shannon McRandle on MySpace.

...you spontaneously tell Jacen Solo jokes.

...you have EU conversations with 9-year-olds.

...you freak out when you finish a book and cannot buy another, so you just relax and reread an old favorite.

...ALL you read are EU books.

...you hated reading before you picked up your first EU book.

...you refer to the English language as Basic.

...you get into deep philosphical conversations about the EU with friends (right, TahiriVeilax?).

...your dog Leia is pregnant and you plan on naming the pups Jaina and Jacen (with a backup name of Allana).

...you plan on naming your first son Anakin after Skywalker AND Solo.

...you plan on naming your first daughter Jaden after Mara.

...you are trying to learn the Aurebesh alphabet, then moving on to Huttese.

...you are sweating bullets praying you spelled Aurebesh correctly.

Yeah, that is me. Pretty pathetic. And yes, I was laughing and nodding to the above answers! We are sick, aren't we? But in a good way!

~Kim

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    you know your an EU fan when...

...on a paper that asks language fluency you put down Huttese, Mando'a, and partial fluency in Ewok.

...under known Alias' you list your Star Wars name.

...you practice and can without hesitation recite that Thrawn's name is Mitth'raw'nuruodo.

...it is easier to say who assassinated Thrawn, Palpatine, and Jabba among other Star Wars characters than those of leaders in your own nation.

...read the above and gave epitaphs of revenge to Ruhk and Vader, or praises to Leia, Mara Jade or other Star Wars Assassins.

21. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    If you compare your relationship with your s/o to an EU pairing.

If the movie "300" makes you think of Mandalorians.

If politicians in real life remind you of the likes of Fyor Rodan, Borsk Fey'lya, Cal Omas, and Pwoe.

22. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    Haha!!

...you have to get a new bookshelf because you have filled up your old one with EU books.

...you wake up in the morning after having a SW dream realizing it was because you were reading an EU book right before you went to sleep.

...you realize that every novel that Timothy Zahn writes starts out just like the movies...in space.

...you have ever been in the Top 10 weekly scores for the Addicted to SW Trivia on Facebook (I was #10 and it was Sunday, so not really a big deal there!).

...you think Nathan Hamill could play Luke Skywalker in Episodes 7-9 (maybe Mark in 9), along with Shannon McRandle as Mara, and you keep trying to picture who could play the Solo kids, Zekk, Jag, Tenel Ka, Tahiri, Ben, etc.

...you hope beyond hopes that the moon missed Chewy.

...you REALLY want a Mara Jade lightsaber, so you just plan on building Anakin's last one/Luke's first one, and you have found the instructions on how to do it. Sans the actual blade of course.

...you know how to make a lightsaber in theory, even though it would not work in this galaxy.

...only EU fans understand your email signature.

...you sometimes refer to your husband as "husband mine" and when you are mad at him you threaten to vape him. (I also call him and our friend Sean Nerf Herders as well.) Can't call him "Farmboy" because he is from Los Angeles, but wish I could!

...in order to curb your cursing (in our galaxy), you say "blast" when you are mad and drop the K-bomb (kriff) when you are REALLY mad.

...you refer to computer nerds as "slicers."

...you roll your eyes at Jacen Solo's jokes to Tenel Ka and wonder what she saw in him (even though back then he was a good kid).

...you think Anakin Solo could have been the best Jedi ever and cannot believe Lucasbooks would kill off such popular characters.

...you imagine Anakin Solo showing Tenel Ka how to braid her hair with one hand and you think how sweet he was for doing that for her.

...you cried when Luke proposed to Mara in VOTF. But you laughed at the same time because Mara was being her usual sarcastic self.

...you never stop reading EU books. You finsh one and move on to the next one.

...you are playing a SW RPG and you have modeled your character after Mara Jade (name and all.)

Okay, exhausted. This is fun though!!!

Love your answers!!!!

~Kim

23. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    Okay I can relate to all, and here goes some all:

-At lunch, you get out your ipod and listen to Star Wars audiobook :)

-When you listen to the audiobook and an important moment or character comes out, you scream infront of friends.

-When its blazing hot, you say 'Are we on Tatooine or something'?

-You get depressed when you realise the characters are fictional.

-You wish someone would ship you off to a galaxy far far away so you could live there.

-You get audiobooks because its easier and you want to pronounce names right :)

-You talk to your friends about spoilers and jump up and down and they just stare at you.

-You're friends think you have problems.

-You swear in SW swear words. :)

-You wish they would use the Japanese covers.

-When someone who has come to speak to your year level about life, and mentions SW, you immediately sit up, and people always say 'Brooke' when SW is mentioned.

-You have decided to by a Star Destroyer and name it 'Ya Mum'. :):)

-Something good that happens in a new book can make your year.

-You seriously think you know these characters, and you feel what they feel and sympathize.

-You consider SW serious, but fun at the same time. As though its real.

:p

24. lukelover1222

lukelover1222 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2008
    you know you are a star wars fan if...

...if your mom puts pictures of you at an author signing(james luceno and troy denning) on her facebook acount[face_laugh]

25. Jaden1138

Feb 2, 2009
    ^^^Funny!

If you teach your friends SW curse words!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.