main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

you know you're an EU fan if... (cont.)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by mistrylshadowguard, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    ^ haha i do that

2. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    - You have an entire bookcase devoted just to EU books--including spaces saved for future books.

- You used to have a crush on Padme--now it's on Jaina. (Or for the girls, you used to have a crush on Anakin Skywalker; now it's on Anakin Solo.)

- You wonder what the theme music would sound like for a "Battle of the Twins."

- The most epic lightsaber duel for you is not Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, but Luke vs. Jacen or Jaina vs. Caedus.

- Palpatine and Vader have nothing on Thrawn.

- You believe the Vong are a far more terrible threat than the Empire.

- You find any of the following phrases coming out without thinking:
    "Blaster bolts!"
    "What are we waiting for?"
    "This is a fact."
    "Ah. Aha."

- The Endor celebration scene no longer seems as happy to you, knowing what will happen to all the victors in the future.

- You've ever planned hyperspace routes.

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    ^^^Too funny!

You look for the "usual" SW phrases in the books and references like 1138, "I've got a BAD feeling about this" and so on.

And yes, my own book shelf is coming!!!

4. lukelover1222

lukelover1222 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2008
    You know you're a star wars fan when if someone asks "where are we?", you say, "well, if there's a bright center to the universe, your on the planet that it's farthest from.":)

5. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    ...if you know what EU stands for :p

but really:

...you used to braid your hair all the time when it was longer because your hair is golden red and you think it looks like Tenel Ka's when it's braided.

...you still put little braids in your hair even tho it's shorter now. :p

...you want them to make a model of Tenel Ka's lightsaber

...when you see anything remotely close to the EU in real life and you freak out! EEE!

...when your friends say that Jaina reminds them of you

...you take weekly trips to HPB to try to find EU books

...you describe your eyes as "jade green"

...when watching the movies with friends you tell them all about the EU and what happens afterward

...the end of ep VI doesnt make you so sad anymore because you like the books wayyyy better anyway

...you wish they would make an animated series of the YJK :p

...you want to dye your hair a darker red to be more like Mara

...your brother, who has never read any EU books, will make jokes about Jacen Solo with you.

...you make EU characters on Lego SW. and try to reenact scenes from the books in the catina in the game with your siblings.

...you talk about how much cooler the jedi are in the EU when watching TCW

...you make a quiz on facebook titled "which star wars EU jedi are you?" and send it to your friends

...you hope you have a son with red hair so you can be just like mara and ben!

...some of the people in your phone book are listed with SW character's names. (my bro is Darth-MALL)

6. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Dying my hair like Mara's....guilty as charged!!!

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ... you walk into bars ordering Ruby Bliels, or Corellian Ale, in a clean glass.

8. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    ...you're doing "integrate by parts" in calculus and every time you write 'dv' you think about Darth Vader

...you write 'Un' during your calculus test and you think "Unu Thul" in your head every damn time

...you think about if they had to do calculus at any of the academies in the GFFA

...you think about the EU at all during your calculus exam

I'm definitely guilty of all of these, as the ones I posted before too :p

9. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Instead of the "Fab Four" being Han, Luke, Leia, And Chewie, you think of Wedge, Tycho, Wes, and Hobbie.

You'd rather read the X-wing books than watch the movies.

When asked by your family/friends who your favorite SW characters are, and you tell them "Myn and Kirney", they give you a strange look and ask you where they are in the movies. Then you give them the same look back.

You bought the books "Rogue Squadron" and "wedges Gamble" on cassette from E-bay because you just had to make sure that your pronunciation of the names were correct.

Kir

10. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    ...during AOTC, you couldn't help but think "What do you mean the Jedi can't get married? Explain Corran!"

Oh, and I took an EU test and I was more like Corran. I'm surprised it wasn't Jacen. Oh well, I hate Jacen from his stupid puns (Did you hear how the Empire's health plan doesn't cover glasses? You will pay the price for your lack of vision.) to his coup d'état, but Corran usually doesn't annoy me.

11. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    ...you start calling people Di'Kut or when annoyed tell yourself to Udesii!

...you actually think that some female Twi'leks are quite hot (I know Aayle Secura is PT but she is HOT!)!

...that Darth Bane is a legend!

12. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    ...you're fluent in Mando'a and have coined several neologisms for Karen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.