main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediClare, Mar 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ...your friend rushes to hit the shuttlecock, stops just in time to prevent herself from crashing into the badminton net, and you're reminded of Obi-Wan in TPM.

...when you write 'force' with a capital F in Physics lesson.

...when you write 'master' with a capital M in English lesson.

Add on. ;)

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ...you start to believe that you may be a Force-sensitive individual after all?!?

...the Imperial March is one of those tunes that you just CANNOT get out of your head, no matter how hard you try - LOL! :p

...the Han & Leia love theme tune plays in your head whenever you see the person you like??

...you actually wish that you could become a walking library of all things Star Wars, and actually work towards that goal!! (not that I do that... honest!)

...the sight of Stormtroopers actually causes your temperature to rise and your heart to beat all that much faster - LOL! :p

...you actually think that Luke Skywalker looks mucho sexy dressed up all in black a la his jedi outfit in ROTJ.
    **drool**

...you'd actually prefer to date a Star Wars geek/dork/nerd/dude over some hunky Legolas lookalike who can't talk Star Wars with you :eek:

...you take up Kendo to brush up on your lightsaber fighting skills.
    *gasp*

...you've long lost count of the number of times you've watched and re-watched your Star Wars movies.

...you talk about the Star Wars Universe and all the various races and cultures that inhabit it as if it were for REAL!!!

...you actually answer when your friends call you by your SW alter-ego nickname (like Padme, or JediJean...)

...you can write in Aurabesh as though you were writing in regular English.

...you use Huttese swear words regularly, as they are a part of your usual swear word vocabulary.

...you attend the Charity Gala Premiere all dressed up in your Star Wars costume, and look even better than the "professionals" who were hired to dress up for the night - hahahah! :D

...you remember all the "alien language" conversations in the Star Wars movies WITHOUT having to look at the subtitles.

...Star Wars lines are popping into your head on a daily basis, as and when you come across any opportunity for a line to be said.

...your idea of a dream wedding is to marry a fellow Star Wars fan and have a Star Wars-themed wedding, then to have a Star Wars-themed honeymoon, then after that, to live in a Star Wars-themed home.

...you actually own a somewhat functional astromech droid of your own (and you get bonus points if you actually built it yourself - woah!)

OK, think I got a little carried away there... but geez, Clare, what a fun thread to start! :)

3. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    ... you wack a friend with a broomstick and reminded you of killing Maul.
    ... you are learning forces in science and keeps on talking about your midichlorian count to your friend.
    ... you are angry and choking someone you are imagining doing force choke !
    ... your handphone vibrates and you think its a commlink.
    ... you see a burglar and you see watto !

4. G2Jedi

G2Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    You can speak Star Wars languages as fluently as English.
    You call your dog R2.

You make humming noises playing badminton and pretend you are deflecting blaster bolts.

You dont need Kendo to brush up ur lightsaber skills.

You attempt to find your midichlorian count.

You are reminded of midichlorians every time you see a music file.

Your (father's) car is referred to as the X-Wing.

You call your teacher "Master."

You get excited every you see a SW reference.

5. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ...you actually have a SW costume (LOL).

...you're planning to wear said SW costume during your school's Art Fest.

...you're willing to spend five hundred bucks on a Parks Saber.

...you absent-mindedly twirl your racket in your hand.

...someone tells you to "Go and die," and you reply, "There is no death; there is the Force."

...you say "I have a bad feeling about this," when the teacher is handing out graded test papers.

...you want to wallpaper your room with Star Wars wallpaper.

...you want to stick SW car decals on your future car.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    ...you change all the military ranks (sergeants, lieutenants etc) into Jedi Knight, Jedi Master etc..

:)

7. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yo people, seriously, my dog's name is Chewie, the full name is Chewbacca. And also seriously, everytime I have exams, I always say " I've got a bad feeling about this..." I spent about 400 bucks on a Lightech EL kit, I stick Star Wars posters on the wall of my room as well. Whats even weirder, I count my midichlorian count and swing the badminton racket as if its a saber and duel with a Maul wannabe friend. Err well yes. I always shift the blame to others.

8. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    You hear a beep, you reply in kind.

Wgen you hear your friends from other races conversing in their own language, you tell them that u are fluent in over 6 million forms of communication.

You actually ARE!

You shift blame with" I didnt hit it That hard, it must have had a self destruct." or "It's all obi-wan's fault!"

9. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    lol jean, lotsa things u said sure refers to a bunch of us. and yes it was all starwars fault i took up kendo. which reminds me, i have kendo tmr morn... *sigh* have to turn in early.

and i have to agree we looked better then those hired adults during the gala premiere...MUAHAHAHAHAH

10. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ...you find that a lot of what has been posted here applies to you.

...your sister named her hamster Jar Jar Binks (which means you've infect -- er, influenced the whole household :p).

11. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    ...you think that one day you'll get married to Natalie Portman

...you wish and would do anything to appear in any Star Wars episode even though you are just the piece of rock at the background

...think that you are Anakin and announce that you have no father and that your mother is already dead

... say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO out loud and make funny/ugly faces when you think your father is going to say I AM YOUR FATHER

... wave your hands and say 'I dun need to do my homework' to your teacher when she/he asks for it

... say 'I am a jedi like my father before me' when someone asks who you are

... says 'hutinii!' to your friend when you stumble on something interesting

...say 'would u rather discuss this with the Hutts' when speaking to a referee of the match when you are given a yellow card

...call your teacher yoda out loud when she/he is not looking

...calling girls you like 'my lady'

...making funny breathing noises to someone when they ignore u

...say 'you are not that attuned to the Force' when backing away from a fight

...replying 'and you are' when some one says the above sentence

...saying a 'Jedi knows no love' when a girl looks at you in a funny manner

...buying expensive merchandises/toys even if you know that they can never make u a real jedi.

...paying your own Padawan around 100 bucks to make you an Anakin costume.

...using pick up lines from episode II to TRY to seduce a girl

(well these are some of the things I do uncosciously)

12. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    ...paying your own Padawan around 100 bucks to make you an Anakin costume.
    HHAHAHAHAHAHA !

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL :D

...you deliberately try to use the Force when no one is around.

...you try to use the Force to persuade some ant to crawl a certain way, and if it does, you believe that you can use the Force.

14. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    You actually can use the Force!

You know who the Flanneled One is.

Nine is your favorite no.

15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Why 9? I'd have thought 1138.

...you visit Parliament House, see the mace and think of a certain bald dark-skinned Jedi.

...the guide at Parliament House starts talking about a Committee and the line "I am not a committee!" pops into your head.

...bowing to the Speaker's Chair at Parliament House, you're reminded of all the scenes in TPM where the Jedi had to bow.

...you can't resist turning the Anakin MR sabre on display at Caesar's on and off a few times even though the people around you are probably staring.

...you start searching for good SW ringtones and logos even before you've bought your handphone.

...you hope that a phone number with '1138' in it will be available when you get your phone.

:p

16. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    lol...
    -how abt putting jedi as yr religion in a form...
    -thinking of force gripping yr teacher whom u totaly hate....

17. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Seriously, I am a free thinker so I take the force as my religion.

18. G2Jedi

Oct 17, 2002
    nine is the no for the presnee of the force.

You throw away a magazine just because it says good things bout ST and Bad ones bout Lucas.(I did. FiRST Mag, btw)

19. Elbak_Ohn

Elbak_Ohn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    ...everytime they send back the results of a blood test you ask whether they remembered the midi-cholerian count

...you recite the "Fear leads to anger" mantra everytime you feel afraid.

...you spend your free time preoccupied with the technical details of the lightsaber so you can build one someday

...you think that Obi-Wan's telling you "Use the Force, Luke!" everytime you have to do something difficult

...you build blasters and lightsabers in your spare time

...your blasters and lightsabers actually work

...you see dead people (e.g Obi-wan) :p

...you spend hours upon hours surfing through the Jedi Council Forums

...you use the Force

20. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    ...even your teachers know you're a Star Wars fan(atic).

...you lose count of the number of times you've watched the SW movies (but you remember it was a two-digit figure -- or better still, a three-digit-figure).

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    3 digits? Wow...4 digits anyone? ;)

22. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    My teacher does know that I am a Star Wars fanatic and as the class monitor and leader of my group, it gives me full rights to name my group. I named my group Jedi Counci. I think I watched ESB about 143? times, forgotte the no.

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL...my Bio teacher was talking to me and she said that at a teacher meeting, someone mentioned my name and she went, "Clare? Isn't she the one who likes Star Wars?"

The most worrying thing was that my name was mentioned. :p

24. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ...you're watching "The Mummy Returns" on DVD with your sister, and certain characters kinda sound like Jabba the Hutt or C-3PO to you - LOL! :p

...your friend sends you a picture of 2 Naboo blaster props, and the mere sight of them makes you drool in delight - hehheh! :p

25. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I really can't compare with you guys in terms of numbers of times having watched the movies. Wow! 143 times for only one movie? For me I think summing up all five current SW movies, I haven't even hit 3 digits yet. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.