You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by JediJean, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    Hi guyz,

If my memory serves me well enough, we once had a similar thread here, back when Episode 2 came out... and if I remember correctly, it was JediClare who started it back then?!?? Anyhow, I thought it'd be great to bring this thread back to life again! :)

Let's get it started here...
  2. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    ...you go out and get 4 copies of the latest issue of FIRST magazine, just because you happened to be doing your grocery shopping at Cold Storage at the time, and just happened to see that they had all the 4 different back covers available there! :p
  3. benTantilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    you're an 18-year old Singaporean male... yet your very first copy of FHM was the recent one with the star wars feature.

I pride myself on my self-control. :p
  4. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    - You named your son/daughter after SW characters or it's name equivalents in Arabic/Chinese etc.

- You sleep with Darth Maul or any other of your favourite SW Character (12" or action figure or accesories)
  5. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    -u routinely wake up in 4 am in the morning with this urge to watch star wars.

-u dun dream abt ur mother, u dream abt padme

-u listen to those soundtracks just to get the feel of the Force

-u hang a framed yoda poster on the wall and say to all ur visitors that thats my grandad

-u add a star wars surname to ur real name

-u convert OTHER ppl into Star Warsdom

-u pretend to try to lift ur dropped pencil on the floor..and keep trying until some kind soul picks it up for you

-hehe, u blame obi wan for everything(yes aanakin, i'm refering to u)
  6. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    you're a 13 year old male and shared money with a friend to buy FHM because of the Star Wars Features inside... AT AT and Vader helmet !!!
  7. padawan_princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    You splurge your allowance on Star Wars M&Ms, buying more than 20 packets altogether...
    You buy as much SW merchandise as possible once your pocket money comes in, leaving you broke for the rest of the month...
    You influence your younger, innocent sister to become a fanatic(this refering to certain aanakin)...
    Your vocabulary of insults has words like pathetic lifeform, bantha fodder, rebel scum...

8. aanakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    ---putting the blame on Obi-wan again.
    ---doing jedi mind tricks on stubborn councillors who don't let you use certain staircases in your school.(i did that twice)
    ---having unessesary fights with your sister/obi-wan fan, arguing about who is a better jedi...i always side anakin, naturally.
    ---finding ways to save up money or get your hands on money to buy star wars stuff.
    ---saying star wars quotes in between conversations.(but nobody notices it...:(...)
  9. JediClare Jedi Master

star 4
    ...you're more stressed about May 19th tickets selling out than your upcoming tests :p

padawan_princess - you could sell off the M&M's you bought to your friends and ask for the wrapper back. That's what I did. ;)
  10. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    -u call non-star wars fan infidels (close ur eyes and grip ur outstretched arms saying i find ur lack of faith disturbing

-u call star trek blasphemy (saying the dark side clouds everything)

-u hang ur mp3 on ur belt and pretend its a lightsabre

- bring a picture of georgie to school during 'who's ur hero' day

-during a game of choice u choose 1 minute talk time with Lucas over 1 night with natalie portman

-u dream that u were a jedi knight with a jedi master , and u met grievous and a anakin look a-like sith.

11. GetzJedi Force Ghost

star 1
    ... you consider your car as a starfighter and yourself as its pilot...
  12. Jedi_Healer Jedi Master

star 2
    Lol.. hey take a look at this compiled list...
    http://www.lotrplaza.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=27&TopicID=174254&PagePosition=1

. When you braid you hair the Padawan way and tolerate your younger brothers teasings of, "Just a lowly Padawan..." (guilty...)

. When you can't wait for your hair to grow longer so you can chop it all off except the braid so that it'll be more outstanding. (guilty even more...)

. When you repeat the Jedi Code over and over and over again until you can say it in your sleep..

. When you get SOOO MAD at Hasbro for giving Barriss Offee (your favourite Jedi) a green lightsaber when hers is Blue in actual fact..

. When, beacuse of above you are tempted to hammer the computer, but suddenly remember that you were a Jedi and not supposed let your anger control you.

. When, because of above two reasons, you 'meditate' on the "There is no passion; There is serenity" part of the Jedi code until you've sufficiently calmed down (at least to the state where you won't march all the way down to the Hasbro HQ and shoot the person in charge of lightsaber distribution in the head).

(I've got more by the way, but I can't really think now...in the middle of the night)
  13. wmgan Jedi Knight

star 1
    ...you try to make a Darth Vader costume with cardboard and other "cheap" materials (because you can't afford a "real" costume), even though you know it's not going to look anywhere near the real thing and you're just going to be laughed at by everyone you pass by...
  14. aanakin Jedi Knight

star 1
    ---when ur desperate, u make your lightsabers out of toilet roll and aluminium foil...(it does work actually, though it looks more like the toy version.)
  15. benTantilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    "you're a 13 year old male and shared money with a friend to buy FHM because of the Star Wars Features inside... AT AT and Vader helmet !!!"

wow. i'd like to see you try explaining that to your mom when she stumbles upon that magazine...

"bring a picture of georgie to school during 'who's ur hero' day "

or worse, you bring a picture of Han during that day.
  16. xeno_kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Haha, I'm smart. Scanned the pic of Maia and the guitar and tore out the pages with the helmet and the AT-AT walker.
  17. wmgan Jedi Knight

star 1
    How exactly do you make a lightsaber with aluminium foil and toilet roll?! I'm thinking of making mine with black art paper and red aluminium foil, with a string attached to the end so that I can pull it to "extinguish" the lightsaber, and also to sort of "force pull" it into my hand. Not sure if it will work, though... most likely I'll just have to make do with a bladeless lightsaber (I'd rather have it bladeless than inextinguishable).
  18. padawan_princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    "bring a picture of georgie to school during 'who's ur hero' day "

or worse, you bring a picture of Han during that day.

Hey!!! There's nothing wrong with Han, I consider the scruffy-looking nerf-herder a hero as well.
  19. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Master

star 4
    You wished you had the ability to unleash a Force storm and wipe from the face of this Earth some soon-to-be forsaken city.
  20. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    and wad city in particular wud that be??
  21. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Master

star 4
    No idea... suggestions? Or should I just be as spiteful as Palpatine and pick any one?
  22. Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    wipe out mos eisley, nothing there but scum and vilainy anyways.
  23. Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Master

star 4
    Might as well go for the big prize. Nar Shadda. In fact, I think that planet is the second most over used planet in the EU (aside from Coruscant, but that's a different issue.) Tell me, how many times have we gone there in all the Dark Forces games?
  24. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    ...you bring your blaster to work.

...you wear your black boots to work.

...you bring your stormtrooper armour to work.

...you almost wear your Star Wars t-shirt to work, but then you remember that the office has a VERY STRICT dress code that you absolutely cannot afford to go against... yipes! :p

...you are contemplating buying a Master Replicas lightsaber today, when the Charity Premiere is on the same day, just so that you can bring it along with you when you watch the show tonite... even though you know VERY WELL that it will blow a HUGE HOLE in your pocket!! hehheh! :p

...your ringtones are all Star Wars related ones.

...all your friends have Star Wars related ringtones too! ;)
  25. JediJean Jedi Master

star 3
    ...you have read the spoiler discussion thread here at this forum, and now you are distracted beyond belief, so much so that even though you are supposed to be writing your regular Monday morning report, you are lurking about here instead... argh!! :p

...you are just ITCHING to watch the movie tonite with your pals!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.