main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    ...you get into a taxi, and your eye is automatically drawn to the word "Padme", which is apparently a part of a Tibetan Buddhist mantra, and you look it up on the internet to find out what it means.

The mantra itself is "Om mani padme hum". The two syllables, padme, meaning lotus, symbolize wisdom. Just as a lotus grows forth from mud but is not sullied by the faults of mud, so wisdom is capable of putting you in a situation of non-contradiction whereas there would be contradiction if you did not have wisdom. There is wisdom realizing impermanence, wisdom realizing that persons are empty, of being self-sufficient or substantially existent, wisdom that realizes the emptiness of duality-that is to say, of difference of entity between subject an object-and wisdom that realizes the emptiness of inherent existence. Though there are many different types of wisdom, the main of all these is the wisdom realizing emptiness.

( Taken from "The Body, Speech and Mind of a Buddha", http://www.tibet.com/Buddhism/om-mantra.html )

If you wanna know more, you can also read about it here...

Om Mani Padme Hum: The Meaning of the Mantra in Tibetan Buddhism
    http://www.dharma-haven.org/tibetan/meaning-of-om-mani-padme-hung.htm

2. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    ...you are checking the guest list for the day, and omigosh!!! you realise that "Yoda" is the surname of 2 Japanese ladies who will be checking out today! :eek:

3. endlessangel_6

endlessangel_6 Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    you organize school plays reenacting the movies

you've read most of or all of the books

you camped out side of a theater weeks before anyone else waiting for the movie

you know crazy facts about star wars that only Lucas would know

you think that Lucas is a real jedi and you write him asking him to take you on as his padawan

you call your twim sister leia and she calls you luke

you planed to or have named your children after starwars characters

4. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    Jean, wow interesting!! Wish my name was Yoda... then again, maybe not! XD

5. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    u have 1 week to study for ur exams, at the same week u just got Knights of the old republic game. then u prioritize :p ...

6. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Your class is having a sleepover at a chalet and they are planning to bring an x-box and sw games to play and even though the price is high and it cost 17 bucks, you most definitely will be there. As you are very deprived and dose not have a x-box...

7. Jedi_Healer

Jedi_Healer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2005
    When your Media and Society Exam is tomorrow (correction: today), and you havent studied, but are browsing through the JC forums...

No don't play SW games on Xbox... Play Halo!! You won't put it down, promise. It's too good a game, yes better then all the SW games that have come out.

8. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    you start phrasing all your exam answers just like yoda wud!

9. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    You do??? Oh no! Hope you don't lose any marks for bad grammar... LOL! :p

10. Curlywhirlyjedi

Curlywhirlyjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    haha some of my lecturers found it funny. and besides, its depends on the subject right? they cant always mark you down for grammar lol

11. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when... you are able to watch Star Wars movies at a BBQ gathering till the break of dawn...

12. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Azmi-wan_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    you know you're obsessed when u and your cousin/buddy/brother/sister take out you toy sabers and go to the nearby park and have a duel

13. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004

But i still don't have a x-box *humph*

You are learning about the 'turning effects of the Force' and you spell the Force with a capital 'F'...and the teacher dosen't care...:D

14. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    when somebody ask u where u are goin u reply:

"for a drink..."

15. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    when a salesman approach you while you were walking and u wave your hand and say "you dont want to sell me anything" and walked away

16. Azmi-wan_Kenobi

Sep 27, 2004
    when u speak every sentence contains essence of SW and u dont even realise it

17. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    when you fail your re-test for math and turn to your friend and say, "This is why Anakin turned to the dark side."
    i shall not reveal my horrible marks...[face_whistling]

18. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Hahaha, in Physics class I spell 'Force' or 'Forces' with a capital F as well...

19. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    Nope, I've got a whole team of 100+ students plus a few teachers with the name Skywalkers. My engilsh teacher's idea.:D

20. queen_for_naboo

queen_for_naboo Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2006
    You know you're obsesses with Star Wars when:

You have a cell phone and you happen to give your music producer's phone number the ring tone of the Imperial March when you're mad at him and Yoda's Theme as a ring tone when you are happy with him

When you are worried about a friend, you say, "you're a good person. Don't do this."

Instead of signing your letters with from or sincerely, you sign them all with the phrase, "my caring for you will remain."

You think of people that annoy you as stormtroopers

You start calling the internet the holonet

You start telling people to leave you a message on the comlink

The John Williams orchestra is always playing out of your purse and the kids at work start laughing

You see yourself as Leia, your husband as Han Solo and your close friend as Luke Skywalker

You go to see STar Wars in the theatre 6 times before it comes out in DVD with or without anyone to go with you.

You wear a Jedi robe whenevver you attend a meditation service at a temple.

You own every Jude Watson novel and every Dark Horse graphic novel and you have a marathon to read them again and again even missing a few days of work here and there.

You know all the ancient history of the Sith

I'll post more as I think of them. this is fun arrrgghh I can't get these faces to work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.