main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jaren_Valnor, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    He're's a list that you can add onto. You can use both true and made-up experiences. Here's my starters:
    -When the most expensive outfit you own is your Jedi costume.
    -When you're actually in charge of a FanForce.
    -When you've walked down a highway in a cheap Darth Vader costume. (you know who you are!)
    -When in the aforementioned costume, you were stopped for pictures three times! (see above parentheses)
    -When you've actually lightsaber dueled at a party.
    -When you ever pretended to use the Force on a 501st Stormtrooper while in costume.
    -When the stormtrooper plays along.
    -When you recognized members of The Jedi Assembly, the 501st, and the Rebel Legion at a convention.
    -When you recognized the above people, but never actually met them before.
    -When you know what species Kit Fisto is (Nautolan), know his homeworld (Glee Anselm), know who his Padawan was (Eerin Bant), and know who his Padawan's best friend was (Obi-Wan Kenobi).
    -When you've constructed a Chewbacca shrine in the living room.
    -When, every time you hear "The 20th Century Fox Fanfare" you expect the opening notes of the Star Wars theme to follow.
    -When you cheered when the opening crawl came on at midnight (who DIDN'T?).
    -When you were one of only two to cheer during a non-midnight screening (And even a member of our FanForce didn't cheer!).
    -When you dream about Star Wars nearly every night.
    -When members of the FanForce have been in these dreams (It's usually Raiders 5 and 7 the most.)

That's all I can think of that I've actually done...add to it! Post post post!

2. joeyc1628

joeyc1628 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    -you open the door every five minutes to see if your lightsaber has arrived.

-you have dreams about star wars where you have to get your lightsabers from wal-mart.

-when nobody is online, all you do is draw lightsabers on paint.

-you name your lizard after your favorite star wars character.

-you pretend that characters on other video games are yoda.

-you think that whenever someone does something cool they are yoda.
    thats it for now.... will be continued when i have time.

3. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    Raider 2, what's your lizard's name? Yoda?
    -If you've ever owned a pet named Luke. (black kitten)
    -If you use Star Wars quotes in regular conversation. (I'm notorious for using "I have a bad feeling about this," "Good job!" "May the Force be with you," and "Great shot kid! Don't get cocky!")
    -You've ever reenacted the Death Star trench in a tunnel, with cell phones, two minivans, and a cousin who knows the quotes just as good if not better than yourself. (On the way home from Celebration III...can you blame me?)
    -If, after a convention, it's odd not dressing in your tunic and messing with stormtroopers.
    -If you've ever seen a small person in Imperial armor and, well, "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
    -You've ever put blue food coloring in milk to feel more like someone on Tatooine
    -You speak Shyriiwook (Wookiee language). (I actually can!)
    -You can curse in Huttese or Bocce.
    -You've ever asked your parents to borrow "credits". (Hey, I'd spent about an hour total hanging out at the Jedi Assembly table that weekend...can you blame me?)
    -You own a working, albeit smaller, R2 Unit.
    -Kids at the elementary school make fun of your brother because of your appearance in a local newspaper with your lightsaber and Jedi costume.
    -You think John Williams is the best composer ever (he is) and George Lucas is both your role model and the greatest filmmaker ever (he is).
    -A friend's parent regularly calls you "Anakin" or "Luke". (You know who I'm talking about!)
    -When you go through the short trench on Dorney Park's "Talon", your first thought is "Red Five, standing by," or "Get set for your attack run!"
    -You've ever been to the local reservoir and thought, "This could be Naboo in a FanFilm..." and this inspires three days of indepth writing.
    -At Disney World, on Star Tours, you get little kids psyched by telling them that they're really going to Endor, and you talk to Threepio, Artoo, and the maintainence droids.
    -You quote the movie when you're in the Podracer Arcade Game.
    -Despite the pesting of a five-year-old, you spent about eight dollars on beating Trilogy Arcade.
    -You talk like a bounty hunter to your enemies while playing Bounty Hunter.
    -You play the final level on Bounty Hunter constantly to know "how the other side thinks" (you fight a rogue Jedi).

4. jedi_john92

jedi_john92 Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    -if you leave vaders theme on an answering machine when you cant get a hold of somebody

-if you memorize both the jedi code and the sith code

-if you have lightsaber fights at nite when cars come by to impress them

-if you make up lightsaber fighting scenes so one day you can go up town and try to impress people

-if your dream is to go into a resturant in jedi clothing and it is inspired by somebody who has already done this you might be obsessed with Star Wars

5. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    Oh yeah, I have another one.
    -When you wave your hand in front of automatic doors in a Force-like motion and mutter, "All too easy!" (My cuz and I had a BLAST with this at our hotel!)

6. LiLStEwY

LiLStEwY Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    These are some things I've done

- When you and a friend act out the beggining of a fight b4 dueling

- When you cheer on your favorite people while watching the movie

- When you tell your favorite characters to "get up" when they fall during a battle

- When you actually cried during some parts of the movies

- When you made a plan to build a lightsaber (it was pretty good was't it Ryan)

7. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    -Your neighbors think you, your brother, your friends, your brother's friends, and your former roommate (Akshar) are completely insane because you put in a CD with "Duel of the Fates", "General Grievous", "Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan (my personal favorite)", "The Duel (ROTJ)" or "Battle of the Heroes" and recreate a scene from the movies (Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku was awesome...it ended different).
    -You and a friend do that thing from ROTS where Anakin and Obi-Wan get closer and closer with their hands and then fly apart at random intervals during a saber fight.
    -You pretend to Force-push whenever you splash someone in a swimming pool.
    -You've played baseball with a lightsaber and called the ball "the training remote".
    -When you don't like sand because it's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
    -You've created a Star Wars outfit for your character on Animal Crossing (lightsaber T-Shirt).
    -When you are on the back of a friend's fourwheeler (Raider 6's) speeding through the woods and you pretend he is Princess Leia and you are Luke. (Corey, it's not that you're a chick, it's that Leia flew and Luke just hung on :D)
    -Whenever your dad is going to Lowe's, it's the beginning of a new lightsaber project!
    -When you get mail to your Jedi name..."Is there a Jared Valnu in Owl Creek, Cathy?" "Dad, that's my Jedi name!" (They were patterns for my tabards)

8. LiLStEwY

LiLStEwY Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    Thought of another

- When you've planned with someone to form the jedi council when you get older

- When you've changed sides and planned with someone else to form the empire

9. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    -When you call the cell the "comlink", the bathroom is the "refresher", coffee is "stimcaf", the car is the "starfighter", and the house is the "capital ship".

10. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    -You have all of the Pepsi cans except for two, and they were rare! (BTW: If anyone has Destiny or Yoda, PM :D)
    -When you HATE Darth Sidious and, when Ric Olie says, "Senator Palpatine is waiting for us," you, your brother, and your mom all shout, "RUN HIM THE **** OVER!"
    -When you can name five Hutts besides Jabba. (Gardulla, Zorba, Durga, Borvo, and Gorr Ebelt)
    -Your dad tells you that he's just not as much of a geek as you, so you immediately scream "Emergency Procedure Aurek!" and you get the boombox and the AOTC soundtrack, which you proceed to blast whererever he goes.
    -When you see "EU" online and you're not sure if it's Expanded Universe or European Union.
    -When "I'm in with the acrylics guy; I can get you blades for $20!" not only makes sense but gets you EXTREMELY excited.
    -When anyone talks about Nubian things or Syria you get confused.
    -You've seen, in person, Tanthos Jorlac (Assembly founder), PimpJedi, and ElvisTrooper, all in costume.
    -When every CD in your 3-CD changer is Star Wars.
    -When you've made your own soundtrack for road trips!
    -When you'd name your son Luke!
    -Or Owen!
    -Or Chewbacca! (JUST KIDDING! DON'T CALL THE NUTHOUSE...YET!)
    -You actually post in/read the "You know you're obsessed with Star Wars when..." thread! (EVERYONE that reads this is guilty!)
    -Road Squadron cars are your dream cars.
    -You've written more than three FanFilms.

11. MightyDerk

MightyDerk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    -When you name a HUT.. JABA

blah

12. joeyc1628

Jul 25, 2005
    -when you reenact the end of rots with your green lizard named yoda and an obi-wan kenobi action figure.

-when you cant stand an obi wan kenobi action figure not having a lightsaber so you give him a lolly pop stick.

-when you care enough to make this list.

-when you actually get ANGRY for people saying "dark vader."

-when you still have the "garbage bag vader" costume.

-when your life's ambition is to have a real lightsaber.

...more to come

13. joeyc1628

Jul 25, 2005
    -when you think that anyone who uses telekenises is using the force.

-when you cut cards out of cereal boxes and play with them.

-when you think regular swords are lame because they cant cut through everything.

-when you turn down going to dorney park that day just to see if your lightsaber arrives.

-when you see the movie, you say "you cant screw with Yoda" EVERY time you see his face.

-when your reading for the day is all about star wars in the encyclapedia because you find it AWESOME that it is there.

-when you CANNOT wait for the 2006 or 2007 tv series to come out.

-when you bring out your star wars monopoly and look at the adds for toys and wish you could buy some of them (they were ep 1 toys)

still more to come...never have time.

14. joeyc1628

Jul 25, 2005
    star wars cards that it. and the movie im talking about is rots.

15. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    Joe, I have some bad news...that TV series...might be 2008 :(

16. joeyc1628

Jul 25, 2005
  17. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    Try to cut down on the spamk and the oneworders, guys.

18. Jaren_Valnor

Sep 19, 2004
    Hey, I compiled a list of these from various sources and my own brain on the computer and just found it. I'll only post those that apply to me.
    -You wonder why the Star Wars theme song never makes it into those "classical collections".
    -You have difficulty pronouncing the word "lifesaver".
    -You've quoted Yoda to back up theories.
    -Any time you pick up a walkie-talkie or two-way radio, the first thing you say is "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"
    -When someone in the family suggests a card game, you instantly recommend Force Sabacc
    -When trying unsuccessfully to snare that last Cheerio floating in your cereal bowl, you've remarked, "The Force is strong with this one."
    -You get angry at anyone that mentions "Dark Vader", "Hans Solo", "Chewbacka" or spells "Wookiee" with only one "e".
    -You've referred to Wedge Antilles or Boba Fett as "The Man!"
    -You are a HUGE Plo Koon fan, and can't understand why he didn't get to say his lines in Revenge of the Sith! :(
    -You've 'wielded' a flashlight and made humming sounds.
    -You can't RESIST doing the above anytime you have a flashlight!
    -When getting onto the freeway or the highway or into a tunnel, you've told passengers to strap in and prepare for lightspeed.
    -You've signed "Bob. A. Fett" of the "Kamino Church of the GFFA" into your church guestbook.
    -You cried when Chewbacca died.
    -You've taken part in a Death Star vs. Enterprise debate (Honestly!)
    -You've taken part in a Jar Jar vs. Scrappy-Doo debate (JAR JAR! JAR JAR! JAR JAR! OK, I'll stop.)
    -You refer to getting off the freeway/highway or exiting a tunnel as coming out of hyperspace.
    -Someone says they will try to do something you automatically respond, "Do or do not. There is no try."
    -Your house robe is brown and extra large. (Well, hey, I wear my Jedi robe when I get cold!)
    -You have ever had a long braid in you hair like Obi-Wan in Episode I. (It was artificial, but I wore it everywhere.)

19. joeyc1628

Jul 25, 2005
    shut up now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.