main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're reading a fanfic by (so-and-so) when...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sebulba2179, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    What are you talking about? [face_worried] :rolleyes: [face_plain] :p

- The Imperial Ewok

2. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    You know you're reading Souderwan or Skywalker3248 when they help you to "get" Stover....and you've read all of 3 pages of him.

You know you're reading GreatOne when Han gets so much love it hurts. A LOT![face_beatup]

You know you're reading ZaraValinor when the Vong are not the baddest, scariest aliens.:eek:

You know you're reading JW Titus when you go back to read it over.....and over....and over again......

3. americantragedy

americantragedy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    you know you're reading webogirl when you start to think cheese graters are sexy. :p

you know you're reading leias_revenge when at least one OC reminds you of your mother and the a sith falls in love with a padawan and it seems so perfect for some odd reason....
    thats all i got. for now. i shall return...
    -mia out!-

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    You know you're reading a story by Kaylle when it's a veritable black hole for L/M readers.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I posited this questions to the readers of 'Where No jedi Has Gone Before'. Here are their responses.

You know you're reading a fanfic by RK_Striker_JK_5 when...

ZebulaNebula- Sailor Pluto and Q bicker like Spock and Bones.

TheProphetOfSullust- Lusa is more than a background character.

C3P0_R2D2- 'You read a story, with a crossover about people you don't knowp, and still love it, even going so far as to say that as far as you're concerned, charicterization[sp?] is perfect.'

Jaded_Girl- ...you make regular appointments with your computer Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings. And you haven't otherwise touched a keyboard in weeks.

JediRose- You see RK_Striker_JK_5 listed as author? *shrugs* Sorry, I haven't ready many of your fics.

6. East_Coast_Ryder

East_Coast_Ryder Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm gonna make fun of myself...

You know you are reading a fanfic by East Coast Ryder when...

...The fic is so serious, it's funny. :oops:

...You read through her series and halfway through the last one she had to stop because she's killed off all the charactors. [face_whistling]

...You have a pile of kleenex next to you at least three feet high... :_| (that one was by my friend Michelle.)

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    You know your reading a fic by...

oldjedinurse When whatever awful has happened is suddenly made better with J/J mush.

When all the men are awake in the house trying to figure out if someone is pregnant.

Jaya Solo if Jaina is paired up with Wes.

JediJainaSoloFel if Wedge is completely clueless.

darksideyesplease if Yoda is married.
    if there is a twist.

Tahi if its amazing poetry.

DarthIshtar if someone dies.
    if Jag is dead and Kyp hits on Jaina and you actually like it.
    if its full of great angst.

8. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    LOL! [face_laugh] A friend told me I was being called out on this thread and just had to see for myself! :D I'm honored! Ok...my turn. Sadly, I haven't read enough yet. But, let's see....

You know you're reading:

VaderLVR64 when no matter what anybody tells you about your writing, you feel completely inadequate.

rhonderoo and Jedi Trace when they make you want to forget you normal "tough guy" persona and grab a box of kleenex!

Arcalian when you feel like you need a puff of an inhaler to catch your breath--and you're not asmathic.

Darth_Lex when you find hope that there are great male writers here, too. :)

I know I'm forgetting somebody important but...that's what comes to mind. :)

9. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_thinking] You probably know you're reading a ShrunkenJedi fic when it's completely irreverent, involves Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke or Han, and has a (very) small coterie of followers.

10. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    You know you're reading one of Commander-DWH's works when

-The OCs are as fleshed out as the cannons
    -The dialogue, descriptions, and plot are completely believable yet completely original
    -You're forced to laugh, cry, and angst right along with the characters
    -She's managed to pull off another obnoxious challenge with apblomb and style

You know you're reading Jennifer_Lyn's ficcies when

-You wonder when you last met a newbie with such talent
    -Obi-Wan and Anakin can meet in a room and not kill each other/insult each other/angst at each other
    -You find yourself smiling in the middle of it and can't seem to stop
    -...even when the genre changes on you two seconds later

11. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I know I'm reading a fic by oqidaun when I feel like it's a fic my good friend would have written (except he doesn't write Star Wars) You'd have to know him, but they're very similar; similar senses of humor, similar styles, very intelligently crafted work. But it's not for everybody.
    It's like boiled cabbage, you don't develop a taste for it, either you like it or you don't. [face_devil]

Wait, that's not a very flatering analogy..., hmmm, neither is fetta cheese... [face_monkey]

Look, if you can put aside your pre-conceptions, it's just great writing. :D

12. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Be still my beating heart, you rock corellian_ale!

btw: I'm totally flattered by the cabbage analogy!!!
    Personally, I love boiled cabbage.

13. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Very tempting to add myself to this.

You know when you are reading one of my fics because there is at least one wet Obi-Wan scene! :) Although having said that there hasn't been one in my latest and I have only 2 posts left! Will have to fix that.

14. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Wow... I'm haven't been back that long but I'll start with a couple of people...

You know you're a reading a fic by JayaSolo when you read her fic and wonder how she came up with the Wes and Jaina pairing and actually find it amusing and normal.

ok .. since she's the only one ive actually read all the through...

~MJ1011

15. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I'll just do three for now and more later...

You know when you're reading a fic by GrandAdmiralV when Boba Fett is just too sexy for his armor.

You know when you're reading a fic by DarthScroobius when all the little logical oversights in ANH start getting filled in and Vader starts to sound like Woody Allen (oh, the Woody Allen voice is just in my head).

You know when you're reading a fic by Jennifer_Lyn when you hope no one walks through the door to catch you sniveling over your screen.

16. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Okay, my turn to add some...

You know you're reading a story by lindemacil when you want to just go up to your room, curl up in a blanket and drink hot chocolate because her stories are just that comfortable and homey.

You know you're reading a story by oqidaun when either you're busting your gut laughing because it's so ridiculously funny, or you're scratching your head because the plot is making you think so much (something my summer vacation brain sometimes revolts against).

You know you're reading a story by Fluff_Slayer when she managed to fit a coherent story into 100 words (yes, I've been lurking in the Drabble Diaries. So sue me. :p).

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    You know you're reading a fic by Thrawn McEwok when...

Even it's as innocent as can be, you're still frantically looking for some sort of diabolical plot twist.

You know you're reading a fic by Trickster_Jaina_Fel when...

It's perfect J/Z, better than the profics.

The angst causes your heart to stop.

You wish Sanar, Devnos and the rest were canon. And then you say 'Who cares? It's still awesome!'

18. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Yes, I am giving into the temptation to do this for myself. (I don't quite feel I know anyone's else work here well enough to properly do it for them.)

You know you are reading one of my works when:

--There are handmaidens.

--The whole story revolves around a handmaiden who has died, or whose canon death we all know is coming--

--Angst, angst, angst.

--It is all in first person. Hey, I do know how to write in third person & I actually use it. But you would never guess that from my contributions to this board.

--Pretty, pretty prose.

--Either that, or death by description, and arrest for overuse of adjectives.

--Sarcasm.

--Girl cooties. Like, it could be more girly, but I would be hard pressed to guess how.

19. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh my! Let me put my humble hat on here. Thanks so much for the nods, you guys. I'm truly flattered! [face_blush]

20. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    You know you're reading a fanfic by Souderwan when you feel like re-writing all of your completed fanfics to a higher level of quality.

Seriously, that's what made me want to redo "The Chronicles of Sidious".

21. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    You know you're reading a fanfic by Exeter when the plot is as intricate as a nineteenth century Russian novel and the characters are just as wonderful.

You know you're reading a fanfic by JediMindTrickOOO when you've been introduced to one of the Galaxy's smoothest scoundrel OCs, watched a delightfully evil armless Obi-Wan take orders from Anakin and swooned over beautiful poetry. Talk about diversity!

22. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    In my case, I know I'm reading a fic by oqidaun when I look over my shoulder and make sure all the doors are locked before I actually start reading the post. [face_skull]

I know I'm reading a fic by Darth_Scroobius when I laugh out loud at least three times during each chapter. [face_laugh]

And I know I'm reading a fic by Souderwan when I actually care about Yoda and all the rest of those crazy Jedi. :)

23. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    You know you're reading a fanfic by JayaSolo when...
    ~ Wes/Jaina just works!
    ~ you spend most on her post rolling around on the floor in laughter

You know you're are reading a fanfic by TKeira_Lea when...
    ~ Its Jag/Jaina
    ~ Mush and angst are intertwined
    ~ You develop the compulsion to kill Zekk
    ~ You find yourself loving the Fel family & Valin Horn
    ~ TKL's Wraiths bestow insanity inbetween posts.

You know you're reading a fanfic by VaderLVR64 when...
    ~ There is always a new vingette up
    ~ You get teary from how beautifully written it is, mush or angst.

You know you're reading a fanfic by Padawan_Lunetta when...
    ~ It features either a member of the Horn family or Lukie
    ~ The title is a spin-off of I, Jedi

24. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Thanks FelsGoddess, MasterJaina1011, and DreamingIce! You made me smile and laugh. :)

25. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    You know you're reading a fanfic by Darth Lex when:

26. one of the OC's has his own fanclub.

27. and his name appears surrounded by [face_love] hearts [face_love] and @};- roses @};-
  28. by reviewers.

You know you're reading a fanfic by the Evil Authors when:

29. They post a fake ending just to liven things up.

30. You know you're reading a fanfic by TKL when

31. You develop the uncontrollable desire to kill Zekk

32. Half of the reviewers have moved to Egypt to be by De'Nile

33. You know you're reading a fanfic by DarthIshtar when:

34. you can't see the computer through the growing pile of bodies. :p

35. Aniakera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.