main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're reading a fanfic by (so-and-so) when...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Sebulba2179, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    You know you're reading one by Quiet_Mandalorian when...

- You're ROTFLYAO at the endless laugh parade of metaphors.

- You're also snickersnorting at the marital preferences of Dathomirian women and an outlander's uneasy reactions thereto.

- Force philosophy takes on a whole new face (or helmet, as the case may be).

Aaaand, you're reading one by RK_Striker_JK_5 when

- It seems realistically, physically and astronomically possible for Star Wars to co-exist with another sci-fi genre, no matter what it is.

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Heh. Wait until I unleash my DC comics/SW crossover!

3. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Oh, God, God help us all. ;) :p

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, yes, I agree.

5. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Hey, thanks, Ish. [face_laugh] I'd love to be Knight_Aragorn, but, sadly, I'm the idiot stuck with fratparty!Han.

You know you're reading LimeLight (think "The Not-Quite Love Letters") when:

. . . You've suddenly become quite attached to Wes' idea of "bonafide psychology" and wish someone would whisper 'Solo' in your ear (preferably LL's Solo himself) [face_laugh] .

. . . Ice chips have become not only a geniune source of nutritional sustainance, but also a prank item and form of currency.

. . . You've decided that suicide notes really shouldn't contain curses and, for compassion's sake, a puke bag really should be put next to the body.

. . . You've been converted to the Janson/Mon Mothma 'ship and have no idea how the hell it happened.

*KR*

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Omgosh, I totally agree with those, especially the Janson/Mothma 'ship. THose meetings when he was typist and she was shamelessly flir...I mean chewing him out.

7. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003

Janson/Mothma??? :eek:

*boggles*

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Not officially, but it's implied very hilariously.

9. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    LL's recently started a series of vignettes that deal with the Wes/Mon Mothma 'ship. [face_laugh] She started because a fan requested it in TNQLL, but it's grown on her a bit. Go check out "Assortments" on ffn if you don't believe me! [face_laugh]

*KR*

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I heart LL.

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Janson/Mon Mothma? That would be hilarious and wierd.

If you plan on writing a fic, then it would be a good idea to read a fic by YK, as his serve as an exmaple of how to do things right in a fanfic.

And I'm suprised at how much the mods let him get away with.

I've been lurking beneath The Eighth Cortex and then I popped up and started reviewing in TLF and I'm still around in Empire of the Hand and I, Jaina Solo. I'm not all that surprised that the mods let him get away with the stuff, since not alot of people (mods and little kids included) are willing to dig through fifty chapters and just as many pages to catch someone breaking the rules. Trust it from someone's who's gotten away with that sort of stuff (just not as much of it and not as intense as Spike).

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Alright, so I finally dragged my butt in to post...

You know you're reading...

Jade_Max when 1) the characters are just like they should be (especially the yjk's), and 2) it all ends happily ever after ;)

Striker when 1) Tenel Ka gets a starring role, 2) Jacen/Tenel Ka get together, or angst-in-a-major-way about not getting together :p (*cough*Glory of Love*cough*), 3) the NJO is flamed from existence [face_mischief]

SaberBlade when you *aren't* a K/J fan, but she just writes it so well, that... [face_love]

Jaid when 1) there's a billion OC's and plotlines, and you'd better read it in one sitting, or you'll be in a bit of a jam ;), 2) little kids squee over guns (unless, of course, they've just been around guns their entire life, and it's no longer a squee thing, but a cool, cocky, I-love-my-weapon thing), 3) Jaina is...um, Mel's Jaina [face_laugh] ;)

Neo-Paladin when Zekk's characterization is *perfect*.

~TJF

13. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Vaderlvr64 You read a story and realize no one else could have done better. You're also left wondering how she could not be published.

lordmaul13 He takes obscure characters and fleshes them out perfectly.

Tangled Sphere Her posts put you in the moment with excellent dialogue. She also has excellent co-authors...lol.

Sounderwan His AU makes you wish IT was the reality.

14. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    o_O I had just wondered this morning if I would ever be mentioned in this list. Peaked in for the first time this afternoon on a lark.

Nice TJF. And oh did I laugh. [face_laugh]

There are some really funny ones in here by the by. Of course the funniest ones are the most true. ;)

15. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Thanks, Erin! Glad you like them.

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Strangely enough, my fics have been read by a moderator. I submitted my first story to the Fan Fic Archives and LadyPadme actually read it. While the story was rejected, (for reasons mostly including spelling, grammar and pace errors) she never mentioned violence as a factor in there before. As far as I know, the violence of my fics stretches the TOS, but is still within its boundaries. I can't think of anything that is more graphic than anything seen in ROTS. And I've seen similar levels of violence in fics by lordmaul13 and others.

17. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    You know you're reading a fic by Aunecah_Skywalker when

- You think she should have been in charge of all writing for the Solo kids in the NJO, because then nobody would hate their guts. ;)

- The fic is well deserving of Most Imaginative Story in the Readers' Choice Awards.

18. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    By InyriForge when you are thining about the rank of one of the characters, and think But (fill in character) only got to the rank of Major before he di - Wait, he didn't die! That was just in Inyri's fic!

19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    You know you're reading a fic by:

Knight_Aragorn if you feel genuine love and sympathy for Luke even when he's just so damn-nasty evil.

RedGold if you're convinced that's the way Mara should have been characterised in the profics.

obaona when there is so much meaning in such a small vignette

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Walks in and kicks up*

21. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    You know you're reading an Agent_Jaid story when you somehow end up with some rashberry sorbet in all of your responses...

Not to mention you're already laying bets as to who turns dark in the next post...

22. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    You know you're reading a fic by Darth_Corpulo when you really believe that a Twi'lek can be so deeply in love with a Hutt.

You know you're reading a fic by Gwondari42 when you discover that you haven't seen an E in a page and a half.

You know you're reading a fic by OrvMcFisto when you totally buy Obi-Wan and Anakin as gun-totin' rednecks.

You know you're reading a fic by Crumbs_Lady when you think there's no way the Boobah can be characterized as well on their own show.

You know you're reading a fic by Eeilli when the recipes are as interesting as the fic itself and you really wish you knew how to use a wok.

You know you're reading a fic by Qui-Long-Gone when you're glad he won't use a beta because the typos make the story so much more interesing.

You know you're reading a fic by LHopitalGirl when you're reminded of the math you learned in college during the action scenes.

23. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    I love this!

You know you're reading a fic by DantanaSkywalker when you're an avid J/Z'er who's actually beginning to be able to read the names "Kyp" and "Jaina" in the same sentence.

You know you're reading a fic by Tahi when the oddest ideas somehow fuse together like George and Lucas.

You know you're reading a fic by YodaKenobi when the action scenes aren't boring, redundant, or choppy.

You know you're reading a fic by Spike2002 when you actually cover your eyes to try and not envision the pain!

You know you're reading a fic by Jade_Max when the world seems perfect for a little while.

I can hardly imagine what'll happen when people do this about my fics!!

~Ambyr-Rose~

24. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    LMAO, Drabbo!!!!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

=D=

25. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    LOL, Drabbo! [face_laugh]

I thought those were real for a moment . . .

[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.