main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're too obsessed with Star Wars, when...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by JimboTheScorbutic, Mar 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Kryo_Nekros

Master_Kryo_Nekros Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    Star Warsathon
    LOL! Wow! Now that,! is being too obsessed!

2. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    you look at and post on threads like these :p

3. Maximillenium_Falcon

Maximillenium_Falcon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    ...when in a romantic summer evening, your girlfriend says: "Look how beautiful the moon is". And you reply: "That's no moon! It's a space station".

4. darth_obawan

darth_obawan Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    you see a plane flying overhead & think "it's a naboo starfighter!"

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    1) You find yourself asking your wife if it's ok to put your figures out as decoration. (Actually guilty of this one, and she agreed)

2) In displaying your figures, you group them by movie, because some figures don't get along with others.

3) You refer to Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi as "The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit"

4) Before you start the car to go somewhere, you believe you first need to make the calculations for the jump into hyperspace.

5) As a compliment to your date, you tell her/him that they look strong enough to pull the wings off a gundart.

6. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    1) You already have plans with friends to get to Dallas ASAP, and buy tickets for the first showing, as well as every other showing the next day, for Episode III (Guess who that is.)

2) You don't go a day, without mentioning the movie at least ten times.

3) You saw Episode 1 four times over the last weekend. (Cough.)

7. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    ... you open the automatic doors by waving your hand (had that one, I know) - AND don't even realise what you're doing until you read about the problem in some forum.

... the only music you accept is the Star Wars soundtrack.

... someone marks the fact of watching the movies in a marathon session as a sign of obsession and you wonder how there could be any other way to do it.

... "Star Wars" is the first thing coming to your mind upon hearing the 20th Century Fox-Fanfare.

... your computers startup music is the Star Wars theme.

... your favourite real estate is somewhere in topmost stories of the Imperial Place.

8. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    You go to toy stores several times in one week to find the latest shipments of action figures. (guilty of this one)

Once in the toy stores, you stand there contemplating which figures you need to purchase extras of to complete your latest battle scene.

You alphabetize your Star Wars figures by last name when displaying them. (I'm not quite this obsessed, yet)

9. Pit Droid

Pit Droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 1999
    When you consider calling your twin children Luke and Leia, with middle names of Sky. Add that to the fact that my real life surname is Walker

What do you get ......

10. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    When walking through the cubicle system at work, you keep looking around for an exhaust port to deploy your proton torpedoes, all the while looking over your shoulder to see if Darth Vader (your boss) is on your tail.

And if that's not enough, when you see the Dark Lord, you expect Han Solo to come any minute and save your butt.

11. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    ...you wear your Darth Maul pyjamas in the street.

12. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I'd really love to know how you can get the SW music to blare from your computer when it starts up. Just how do you do that anyway? do you have to do some programmin or what?

...You think that fireworks are the rebels celebrating their big victory over the empire and you wonder where the gang is at that very moment.

13. Master_Kryo_Nekros

Master_Kryo_Nekros Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2002
    (Using Windows) First off, you must have whatever song/sound you want on .WAV file. You go to START, Settings, Control Panel, then Sounds. There you look for
    "Start Windows". You then look for the file and replace it. (Guilty of this one)

14. JediJunkie247

Jul 24, 2002
    When watching the movies you hear people imitating Jabba the Hutt, you feel the overwhelming need to turn around and correct their Huttese grammar

15. PeterMayhewstrolley

PeterMayhewstrolley Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2002
    Whehn you Buy your cousin and brother Lightsaber toys for Xmas so you can fight them with your own (the drunker we got that xmas, the weirder it was for the neighbours)

when you choose a new flashlight by how much it looks like a lightsaber handle

when you see Dave Prowse out and about and mutter under your breath"If i was him id wear the suit to the shops" (still disappointed when i see him out of the suit, and ive lived 5 mins away from him for about 25 yrs)

when you still think youve got one up on your mates, cos when you were about 4 and fell of your bike, Peter Mayhew pushed around the hospital on your gurney (his old job as a hospital porter)

16. splice

splice Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2002
    what?!?

they have AUTOMATIC doors?!?

17. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    ...all your vacations are to places where SW has been filmed.

...you say "Impressive, most impressive" to your friends. [guilty]

...you know the soundtrack by heart and replay it in your head when you're bored. [guilty]

...you try to convert your friends and strangers to the Force.

...you get upset because you can't order a Jawa Juice at the restaurant.

...when you get angry at someone, you tell them, "Wipe them out. All of them"

...when you go to a bar, you bring your lightsaber with you.

...you're already planning what you'll do after Ep. 3 comes out, so you start building a shack where you'll have a DVD player to play all the SW DVDs in a continous loop for the next 40 years, that way you'll always be able to watch Star Wars, even though there won't be any more movies. [thinking about this :p ]

18. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    ...you double post at a thread like this. :_|

19. Vermano

Vermano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 1999
    You read this thread and count how many things that you've done. I'm up to 36. At least there's some consolation in the fact that you're not alone in your obsession.

20. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    ..you are camping out for Episode 3 right now.

..you won't go outside your house in the snow for fear of Wampas.

..you think your body will disappear when you die, unlike everyone else's.

..you want to be buried with your lightsaber.

..you get listless because you haven't watched one of the movies this week.

21. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I got this from Google.com so don't give me credit, I just found it.

You know that you're obsessed with Star Wars when...

10. you start to naturally talk like Yoda.

9. you're tech ed. project was building a *working* lightsaber.

8. you're history essay on a famous conflict in history is on what
    drove the Gungans and the humans on Naboo apart.

7. 2 or more cast members have filed *multiple* restraining orders
    against you.

6. your essay entitled "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" was
    entirely on what you did while waiting in the lines for "Attack of
    the Clones"

5. asked to put a famous quote in an English essay, you try to
    decide between "May the force be with you.", "Do or do not, there
    is no try.", or "Size matters not."

4. 3 or more points on this list apply to you.

3. discussing astronomy in science class, you bring up that the
    odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field are approximately
    3,720 to 1.

2. you name your kid after one of the characters. i.e. Obi-wan
    Kenobi Jones, Leia Organa Smith, etc. (Actually happened. I was
    watching a game show and a guy said that he named his kid Luke
    Skywalker whatever his last name was.

1.you hijack a space shuttle and head for the co-ordinates where
    you've calculated that "galaxy far, far away" is.

22. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    use the "force" to open automatic doors... i am notorious for that one! but i also like to throw an "ali baba" in there once in a while and yell "OPEN SESAME!!!!" [face_plain] multi-cultured dweeb.

you know you're obsessed when... you've been on these damn boards for more than one month.
    that sadly applies to most of us.

23. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    When you call your piece of junk car The Millienium Falcon. Which I do.

24. Origionaljedi

Origionaljedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    When you write a great script like this one!By OriginalJedi-(jarrgr@bellsouth.net)

A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far Far Away?
    Star Wars
    Episode III
    Revenge Of The Sith

It has been Three Long Years since the Clone Wars Began,
    The scars of this war have been felt across the galaxy and finally the people of the republic have grown weary of War. After many Battles the republic?s army has finally tracked the last of the Separatist Forces led by Count Dooku to the swamp world of Dagobah.
    A new Star fleet Commanded by the Legendary General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker are in route to this far off world and are preparing their final victory against enemy forces.
    Meanwhile the Jedi council continue to Investigated the rumors of a Sith element in the very heart of the republic and fear the worst.
    Even Now Dark Forces are gathering to spell certain Doom for our Galactic Hero?s
    And bring an end to Peace and Justice in the Galaxy???
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Scene ? Pandown from Star View-

Three Star Destroyers come out of Hyperspace and surround the Planet Dagobah!

Obi-Wan: General, Please deploy the fleet so nothing gets off the system, be mindful that our Fighters will penetrate and take down their defenses. Let?s try to take prisoners if we can there has been enough death and destruction. And they are in not much of a position to give us a fight this time after the pasting we gave them on Duntaine. And remember I want Dooku Alive if possible!

Anakin: (Talking to Kenobi) Master, My fighter squadrons are ready to enter the system, What are your orders?

Obi-Wan: Anakin, I need your fighters to take out the main shield generator and set up a perimeter for our ground forces to come in and clean up any resistance. If you encounter Count Dooku - wait for me. Our Scanners have detected a command center in an underground chamber possibly a cave.
    Anakin I know you are a Jedi now but don?t take him without me, we need him alive so we can unravel the secret of the Sith, Jedi Skywalker wait for me!

Dozens of Star fighters are diving towards the planet surface Led by a special designed Jedi Starfighter.

Anakin Okay Guys here we go ? this atmosphere is like soup and a lot of electrical discharges so don?t get careless!

Gold Leader: Sir, Our scanners can?t pick up the command center anymore due to the interference.

Anakin: Just stay close to me I know exactly where they are.

Fighter Pilot: You Jedi give me the Creeps!

Anakin: Cut the chatter Gold three, clear your COM link!

Count Dooku: Ah, Right on time, Captain lets give them the reception they so richly deserve!

Captain Doorsk: (a trade federation officer): Yes Sir, all guns open fire and activates the suppression screen so their fighters will fall like stones!
    -
    Sound of generators coming on line and an electrical net appears on the view screen.
    Republic fighters hit the screen and loose power! Laser Batteries open fire and take out a majority of fighters. Anakin is the only one to remain in controlled flight and brings his ship in barely! He targets the main power generator just before a laser blast hits his port stabilizer and squeezes off a torpedo to hit it squarely where it counts. He flies over the battle area and suddenly he is falls into a trance.

(The voice of Count Dooku fills his head)"Come to me Chosen One, Time to fulfill your destiny!")

Anakin comes to and finds he is able to set his fighter down just short of the assault-landing zone.

Anakin:"Filtergarb, they are using some kind of technology to kill our engines", (Pilots are abandoning their cockpits and parachute to the ground.) - Some don?t make it! And explode in mid air, -

Anakin:"Let?s meet up with our ground forces they will be landing just over there!"

Cut to Star destroyer, Assault shuttles are departing hangers for the surface.

SHUTTLE: Obi-Wan: What do you mean our fighters are down, get me Commander Skywalker now!

Anakin: Master they are using

25. Stovros

Stovros Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    When you and your obsessed friends call eachother character names on a regular basis, you only stay in shape to get a stand in role for Ep3, you count down the days untill Ep3, you play Star Wars trivial pursuit and it ends up into debates and quoting madness, you lightsaber battle instead of trying to fight and last but not least you look at the mirror and say if I grow my hair a little longer I'll look like Han Solo and then I'll finally get laid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.