main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know You're Too Obsessed With Star Wars When...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by SkyJammer, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    ..when you find out your firends don't like star wars you question them until they give you a straight answer as to why they don't like it... or just give in and say it was the best movie ever made.

..before the release of a movie you sit up all hours of the day(when home) and tape every commercial and tv spot that you see.

..you save all the chip bags and pop cans and pizza boxes and fruit wrappers to add to your collection.

..you have to have the cereal just because it's star wars(and share it with all the people in your school).

*looks back at her list*
    oh sith my life is pathetic....YEAH!!!!

Red*

2. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    >..you save all the chip bags and pop cans and pizza boxes and fruit wrappers to add to your collection.

>..you have to have the cereal just because it's star wars(and share it with all the people in your school).

Ack!! You mean you ate the chips, drank the soda, ate the pizza, fruit snacks and cereal??? No, you are obsessed when you keep all the food in the containers and collect them full. (Well, okay, not the soda, as we know what happens there...and I'm sure the pizza gets pretty rank after a while. But the rest of the stuff? No way!) :)

*looks innocent staring at her 3 yr. old unopened Farley's fruitsnack boxes, the new fruitsnack box and individually wrapped snacks and her 2 boxes of cereal*

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    ...(personal experiance only) You find yourself being extra-anal retentive about keeping the Star Wars section in the children's library extra neat and in order by series, trilogy, and size.

...When moving, your first thought is, "If the movers drop my box of Star Wars figures, I'll Force-strangle them!"

...You refer to your Dean of Students/Principle/boss as "Darth _____"

...You and your friends debate the moral, ethical, and social implications of Star Wars while simultaneously checking out patrons. (true story)

holy crap, I'm pathetic. I think I'll turn off the lights, close the door, and play with my action figures now. ;) Just kidding, Jeff.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Will my good name never be cleared?

Am I destined to a life of shame?

Sniff...

Jeff

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You think you've got problems? I'm going to be living with Scottish Eggs hanging over my head for quite a long time. And I don't think the word "blasphemy" will ever quite have the same flavor for Dan anymore.

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You go to see Star Wars on May 25th because it celebrates the 25th anniversary of Star Wars. There..is something wrong with us.

7. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    It's not that there's something wrong with US. There's something wrong with EVERYBODY ELSE. :D

8. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    ...when you hit a Super America for a soda and find yourself walking out with five Pez dispensers because they had Jango Fett AND clonetroopers.

Oh, and Jeff, we all cary our burdens. D'ya think I adore the multitude of hillbilly jokes I get? ;)

9. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    ... when you promise yourself you will see the movie more than 20 times and each time will wear your costume no matter how many weird looks you get...

charter turned me down... hehehe

Red*

10. Jedi_Master_Mom

Jedi_Master_Mom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    ...when you have a Star Wars themed wedding. Our recession song was the SW Theme song, The Grand March was the Imperal March song. Our card box was a battle droid, Jar Jar was our guestbook attendant. (My mom works at a book store so we got all the cardboard cutouts from there)

...When your 8 year says he'll try and you tell him Try not....and when we gets mad because he's tired of hearing you tell him that you say Let you of your anger...

...You name your Shih Tzu yoda even though he looks more like an ewok.

When we were choosing names when I was pregnant with our daughter (before we knew we were having a girl) we had Anikin on our list of boys names.

11. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ...you hear something go bump in the night so you reach for your plastic lightsaber.

12. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Speaking of weddings, we had "May the Vows be with you, always..." on our cake, with Leia and Han instead of a bride and groom.

Dwayne

13. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank you, whoever posted about using the Force push with opening automatic doors. I'm doing it out of habit now because I thought the idea was so cool, and my husband looks at me like I'm a total loon when I do it with him around.

BTW, the Force "hand sweep" works better with the sliding doors. :)

You know you're too obsessed with Star Wars when, after your husband (or wife, or significant other) looks at you like you're nuts for doing some of the SW stuff that you do that you consider forming a support group for him/her to better cope with your obsession. (Hmmm...seems Mace_Master and I actually discussed this during our wait for the midnight AOTC. *grins*)

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    ...you drive 1.5 hours one way just to see AOTC on a digital projection screen. :p

15. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    It was over three hours for me. My family looked at me like I was nuts when I told them I drove to Chicago to see the movie yet again in digital format.

16. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    .. when you try to use your force powers to change the stoplight to green...

17. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I've done that. What's even worse is when you can see the light in the other direction turning yellow, so you use your powers then because you know they'll work, just so you feel like you've accomplished something.

Dwayne

18. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    rotflol
    :D lol :D

19. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    When you tell your 5 yr. old, "You will clean your room." 3 times and she finally does it, for about a minute. Gives one a great satisfaction even if it took 3 times(she's very strong minded, you see) and it only lasted for a very small amount of time, she is able to override her force bidding. Not a weak minded child. Still...she did the "bidding".

20. bluesaber

bluesaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2000
    When you and a bunch of your friends have a lightsaber fight in the middle of the toy store parking lot.

21. Murc-XIII

Murc-XIII Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    parking lot?

we just fight with them in the store and then leave without ever having to buy anything....

actually, last time they were out of lightsabers so we had to use those water noodles instead... not very stable.

22. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    .. you try to find the star wars underoos they haven't made since the 70's and are little boys just so you can say you have star wars under wear.

...you try to find star wars toothbrushes for your collection.

.......i need help!!! they had not toothbrushes!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.