main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC You Need Something New To Worry About

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rylo Ken, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  2. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    thanks. i really needed this.

3. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I don't worry about anything because I was lucky enough to be born at a time when I would have died of natural causes by the time I die of all this horrific stuff anyway.

4. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    naw i'm pretty sure our generation will be wiped out by a super bacteria or something

5. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Yes exactly. But I'm already approaching middle age so it will only save me from whatever horror would have met me in my elderly years.

6. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    but how much cooler is that than natural causes anyway

it's exciting.

but seriously, get a grip on your antibiotics use, world. this summer i got offered antibiotics in crete because i had an itch. cus "well what if you scratch the skin open and bacterias enter, might as well use this as a precaution". lol no

but seriously. how cool does a super bacteria sound though

7. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    ♪ I'm a plastic girl, in a plastic world... ♫

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    It's thrilling, absolutely.

9. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The lesson we should all learn from the great Pacific Ocean floating plastic patch is that you can build your own catamaran out of empty water bottles.

[​IMG]

10. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey, that means shipwrecked sailors no longer have to be worried about being marooned on deserted islands for years on end. There is a bright side to this!

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The primary cause of antibiotic ineffectiveness is animal agriculture. A few people getting pills for colds is nothing compared to billions of animals packed together in Petri dishes known as factory farms. [face_dancing]

12. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    yes that too. i don't have a story about that though so it would be no fun for me sharing it. i'm very self centered.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And we or you wouldn't have you any other way.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think they've also now mapped it to be "statistically significant" to the childhood obesity epidemic...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn out all of this plastic gives us Plastic Man's superpowers following sufficient exposure.

... Well, I say lucky, but have you ever sat down and considered the existential hell that is being Plastic Man? He has ceased aging and it's strongly implied that literally nothing, not even reducing his body to absolute zero and shattering him, can actually kill him and keep him dead. Consequently his fate is to outlive everyone and everything around him, over and over and over again, until eventually the Earth is destroyed by the sun, at which point he will continue to survive, stuck on its barren wasteland remains, eventually freezing in place, but still conscious of his condition, until eventually he is unable to tell when waking ends and sleep begins, and eventually his dreams become his own reality, and he finds a strange type of freedom and bliss in the final mental escape.

We must imagine Plastic Man happy.

Thus, we must imagine ourselves happy.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But, extreme heat destroys him -- so when the sun destroys the world, he should go with it... mercifully ending his tormented existence...

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And we'll all be Plastic Man, so no loneliness. We get to put up with each other for billions of years.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    No, he'll reform once the heat turns down. He will always reform. This is his curse. His plastic curse.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    but if we're all plastic men and we all melt together will we be able to reform into our unique plastic selves or will we become mutant plastic monsters with a billion different personalities?

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I assume it's like The End of Evangelion and only one arbitrarily designated protagonist and their significant other will be able to escape.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  21. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    That means Vandal Savage has someone to keep him company. There is a bright side to this!

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I know what thread I'm pulling up to read when I need to feel better about life.

Abadacus and Juliet316 like this.
  23. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    “There are times, however, and this is one of them, when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless masturbation. It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Even dead, the man gets wiser by the day.

24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    In addition to TV and relentless masturbation, there will always be backbreaking manual labor for those who want it.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nope, the possibility of FFI mutating to being contagious is a far more scary/awesome scenario. Imagine a world that cannot sleep whatsoever and is slowly mentally degrading because of it over the course of 2 years or less!

26. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Please don't doxx my smut folder.

Ender Sai likes this.