main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You Never Told Me- K/J; mentions of J/J

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Title: You Never Told Me
    Author: Jaina Durron
    Pairings: K/J, mentions of J/J
    Author's Notes: I have no idea where I am going with this or it'll be continued. Mostly because I haven't decided yet if it's a one-shot or if it is a longer story that needs to be told. I'm still getting my feet wet again.

~~

"It doesn't matter now," Kyp Durron said, shuffling the papers in hand as he walked out of his office. "You'll be very happy, I'm sure."

"Doesn't matter?" Jaina Solo said, hot on his heels as she followed his taller frame. "You never told me!"

Kyp didn't even turn as he waved his hand a bit. "It doesn't matter now and it didn't matter then," he said. He lifted his eyes only briefly to glance at her. "So don't dwell on it."

"Don't dwell on it?!" Jaina said hotly. "I find out that you are in love with me--."

"Were, past tense," Kyp said.

"Whatever," Jaina snapped. "And you tell me not to dwell on it?! You never told me!"

Anger finally flitted across the Jedi Master's face. He spun on his heel and slapped the papers down onto his desk. He stalked towards Jaina, menacing enough in stature that she took the briefest of steps back.

"You didn't want to hear it!" Kyp yelled. "You made it quite clear, Goddess that you didn't want to hear it."

"What?" Jaina asked, a frown etching into her forehead.

"You. Didn't. Want. To. Hear. It," Kyp said slowly, articulating each word as if she couldn't make them out.

"That... that's not true," Jaina said.

"Oh really?" Kyp said, his eyebrows raising in surprise. "Not true? Then that little... cluster frak on the roof that one time with your new fiance was all about hearing how I was in love with you? How it was all about that I had been making amends for every infraction you kept bringing up to me at every turn because of one mistake I made. A mistake, that at the time, I thought was for the best?"

"You lied to me!" Jaina said. "A mistake? Was that all it was to you?"

"Yes!" Kyp said, his eyes flashing with anger again. "It was a mistake. I made a mistake. Yes, it cost the lives of Vong children, but I can't change the past! Just like I can't change my fall to the Dark Side or that I utilized the Sun Crusher, but no one dares to let me live that down either."

"You are changing the subject," Jaina ground out.

"No, I'm not," Kyp said. "Because the subject remains that you never wanted to hear how I felt because you saw me as nothing more than dirt under your boot heel because I lied--"

"And manipulated," Jaina interjected.

Kyp stopped. His face grew impassive and he stared at her for so long that Jaina almost began to shift uncomfortably. The older man turned and walked over to his desk, retrieving the papers he had slapped down. He straightened them and walked around the edge of his desk, carefully sitting down. He didn't say a single word, he simply picked up a stylus and focused on the papers in his hand.

"Ky--," Jaina started.

"You can go," he said coldly. He didn't even look up.

"Bu--." Jaina tried again.

"Knight Solo, we're done here," Kyp said. His tone left no argument and had taken on a very cold formality he had never used with her. Even in those early years when she was still a girl, learning the ways of the Force.

And he still hadn't looked up.

"Of... of course, Ma-- Master Durron," Jaina said quietly, unable to hide the hurt in her tone at his cold dismissal. She turned towards the door, glancing back every once in awhile as she made her way out of his office. Once through, the door shut behind her.

He never looked up.

2. Durroness

Durroness Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    :eek: Omg, I am in love with this! Perfect! Kyp was so cold, and Jaina was very much put in her place. Some type of scene like this needs to happen in profic!

And as for continuing it, of course I must say "Yes please!" But it does stand wonderfully on its own as well. It's very nice to see that you are back! I am loving everything you have posted recently! =D=

3. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    I have no idea where I am going with this or it'll be continued.
    I think I lot of stories are at the point right now. [face_peace]

I'm still getting my feet wet again.
    [face_dancing]

"Were, past tense," Kyp said.
    o_O really, Kyp? *reads on* Guess you're right....

"And manipulated," Jaina interjected.
    *slaps Jaina* Shut UP and let the man talk!!! [face_frustrated]

Oooh, shiver?.

He never looked up.
    :eek:

[face_thinking]

I don?t know whether to be cheering for Kyp for manning up, or sad for Jaina ?cause she was so stupid.

Can I have a PM if this continues, please? You're such a brilliant writer!

love, marybeth

4. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I am so thrilled that you're writing again. I know that I need to get my feet wet again. I kinda stepped away from SW after Sacrifice. :( It's fanfic like this that keeps my love for SW alive. I hope you continue this, but if you don't hopefully you'll post something new. I'm trying to come up with something, but I haven't had time to write. Good to see you back!

5. Jedi_Sword

Jedi_Sword Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Hey! I thought your portrayal of Kyp and Jaina in this was spot-on... so much tension! I also would love to see where this goes if you decide to continue it - so much potential... :)

6. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    =D= Wow! Great job!!! Your portrayal of Kyp was perfect! I hate how in profic he's so happy-go-lucky about his life now and seemingly A-ok with J/J happening. It seems to me that Kyp's emotional youth would still have some influence over his adult life. You've nailed that perfectly here. I really hope you do write more!

~Celeste

7. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    He never looked up.

Oh, oh. Not good.... Jaina's really screwed the bantha on this one. [face_shame_on_you]

Hmmm... As I read this, I kept thinking in the back of my mind that this could possibly be a missing scene of sorts that would explain the way Kyp and Jaina greeted each other in chapter one of Exile. Just my two cents jingling in my head I guess. :p

Anyways. This was great as a one shot, but wouldn't mind reading more as well. :D

8. JediSoloFel

JediSoloFel Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2009
    That was great! Personally I'm a J/J shipper but I loved it regardless, I hope you continue it.

9. Penda

Penda Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2009
    I think it's a great little fic, and as the others have said, spot on with the characters given the situation I think. I suppose it was probably part of your intention but aside from the obvious K/J implications, it really reminds you how badly Kyp gets treated in general. To all but a few like Luke and Han he's always been (and probably always will be) "the jedi who destroyed Carida".

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    This was excellent! =D=

~~

"It doesn't matter now," Kyp Durron said, shuffling the papers in hand as he walked out of his office. "You'll be very happy, I'm sure."

The interesting thing for me here, apart from the fact that the characters are so totally, deliciously, snarled with each other - I really enjoyed the way the dialogue and movement shifted around and around - is that Kyp doesn't give her a chance to tell him anything, either...

"You. Didn't. Want. To. Hear. It," Kyp said slowly, articulating each word as if she couldn't make them out.

Hostile, frustrated... refusing to let her speak or take control of the conversation, but - I suspect - wanting it somewhere deep and hidden...

What would snap Kyp out of his refusal to stand in Jaina's way? Or is he trying to communicate, even now, and not sure what's stopping him? [face_thinking]

And she does what he says, rather than what he wants? She must know that his hostility is defensive... right? o_O [face_thinking]

Or am I just reading this very wrong? :oops:

- The Imperial Ewok

11. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    She does, because she's so stunned at his change. And frankly, her pride gets in the way too and she has no idea what she truly said wrong. Very much like her father in that respect.

12. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey hey. Welcome back. I just logged in a couple weeks ago. First time since 2005. Haven't really read the books as my boy KD hasn't been played a big role in any of the recent books, but according to George Lucas, the books are just as real in terms of actual Star Wars history as fan fiction is. I just wonder who the first author will be to take a huge leap of faith and kill of one of the big 3 characters. I don't see it happening any time soon.

Glad to see you getting back into writing. There's been so much turnover with regards to who is on the boards since I've last been here, it's nice to see when somebody from the old guard posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.