main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC You People Speak French right?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarkJediTJ, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    Well Here's the deal, I've got to do a Project. A French Project, on Immigration Issues in one of Any French Speaking Countries. can you Guys lend a paw? Hand? Foot? or maybe just gimme allittle hing or smidgen of an Idea?

2. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *Throws a glass from his Lemon Squash at TJ*

You idiot TJ! They don't speak French... they speak German!

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    [face_plain]

Canada is bilingual, but you're in the wrong part of it. Try Quebec General or Montreal. You'd be far better off trying FF France though.

4. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Actually, ask a FF in each province. Each one should have french speakers and give an educational look at how each area views immigration. Immigration...it's not just for major ports anymore!

Gesh

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Actually, ask a FF in each province.

That would be spamming.

6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I know a little French, but not enough to qualify as bilingual. If you try one of the Quebec forums, they may be able to help, or perhaps you can ask Uilmuteiz, the French-speaking RSA.

Sorry I can't be of more help. :(

- Rani

7. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Is contacting a FF in each province spamming? Just a question. Perhaps one message in FF Canada general forum then?

Gesh

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Post it in Quebec General. That's the best place for it. Of course contacting one FF in each province is spamming. Posting the same topic on multiple boards is definately spamming.

9. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Easy, AT-60, Gesh is relatively still new to the boards, in spite of his registration date. He's been away from us and off in the Gulf for a long time (and still is there) and only recently rediscovered the forums.

We have to be gentle with the newbies ;)

- Rani

10. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    The Gulf, eh? I'll bet you're glad our PM came through for you. :)

You know, that's one of the reasons why I left the DND. I became disillusioned when Op: Apollo started and the PPCLI were deployed. I didn't want to fight America's wars for them. Nevertheless, I have a lot of respect for DND personelle. Sorry if I came across harshly. :)

11. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    No problem. Perhaps a conversation starter in each clubs "bars" asking for PM about immigration then. How does a person get the word out about something really important then? Post on general and then hit the FF sites and introduce it in conversation or would a "bulk" post be acceptable then. Just curious because i have no idea. Perhaps we're getting off the topic...

So DarkJediTJ, what questions do you want to ask about immigration? Acceptance, policy, French immigrants or reaction in French society?

Gesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.