main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You?re in charge of Lucasfilm? the next Star Wars movie/television show is...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rev, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I can say without a trace of hyperbole Old Republic era by about 10,000%.

But not something we've seen before - I just like that era. I don't want an adaptation of Bane or Revan, good stories though they may be.

2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I want a Dark Times show and I would rather they would use their original concept from the TCW as the main plot.(a Jedi and his/her apprentice join up with two smugglers and travel around and have adventures.

3. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    If I were to get the final say of every element, I'd cover Revan's story and make him exactly how I see him. With 2 wars to cover and his rise as a Jedi and Sith Lord, there'd be plenty to do.

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I'd probably make a Rogue Squadron show.

It just reeks of badass-ness. [face_devil]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I don't think there's been one bad idea in this thread. I hope it's not another 3.5 decades till we get a Star Wars television show.

6. Fat_Rancor_Keeper

Fat_Rancor_Keeper Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2010
    You?re in charge of Lucasfilm? the next Star Wars movie/television show is...

I would probably wait until TCW is complete and then follow up with a show in the same exact style and with the same creative team which takes place right after ROTJ. :D

I know this is a touchy area for obvious reasons but I'd still probably love it all the same. An alternate option could be something set between ANH and ESB featuring the original cast mostly, but in the same style as TCW.

As far as movies go; I'd like to see something set many years before the PT/OT that involves a Sith war or something like that with all new characters free of conflict with current canon.

7. Jedi_Corin_Daan

Jedi_Corin_Daan Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2010
    The Force Unleashed I and II. The cinematics in the games are almost a movie in and of themselves. Or, go in a completely new direction and do some of the Knights of the Old Republic series, either following Revan or Zayne Carrick. Both are good stories and, if tweeked a little bit, would make incredible films.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Having just read Deceived (bloody amazing btw, definitely recommend it to you Tarkas), I say they turn that into a feature-length movie. In the style of the TOR cinematic trailers so they can be included without it looking odd.

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks fanboy, I'll look into it when I'm done with the Bane books.

10. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    I would love to see Lucasfilm acquire the rights to one of the Space Operas or Planetary Romances that helped inspire Lucas to make Star Wars in the first place, and then hire on Spielberg and Abrams to collaborate on the project as producer and director, respectively (their upcoming Super 8 looks to be an instant sci-fi classic from the previews).

Some of the properties I had in mind are...

Buck Rogers

Flash Gordon

John Carter of Mars

Forbidden Planet

If Lucasfilm were ever to adapt A Princess from Mars though, I'd absolutely insist they remain faithful to Dejah Thoris' description in the novels, even if such scantly dress earned the film an R rating (or better yet, Lucasfilm could refuse to submit the film to the MPAA for review; no theater is going to risk losing profits by refusing to show a movie with Lucas, Spielberg, and Abrams attached; plus, such an act could be the catalysis which finally brings down the MPAA, just as Stan Lee's defiance of the Comic Code Authority effected the end of their de facto censorship).

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Dude. If the guys who did TCW did a John Carter of Mars show, I would totally pee my pants. Talk about wishful thinking.

12. Tholain

Tholain Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2011
    A tv series about mandies in the mandie wars.

13. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    ... a 5 minute mini web based show staring 3 reoccurring B1 battle droid, and the wacky misadventures they have throughout the war. Many a puns are abused.[face_whistling]

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    haha this one is a good idea:) Long live the battle droid humour! roger roger

15. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    If the next series is on television at all (I'd just as soon prefer a web series, as I explain in a previous post), I absolutely do not want it to be on Cartoon Network. Not only does the current Clone Wars show suffer from an identity crisis there, not knowing whether it wants to be a children's cartoon or part of their Adult Swim lineup, their website is terrible when it comes to streaming episodes and they have no contract with Hulu or Xfinity on-demand, leaving few alternatives for watching recent episodes other than when they air.

Ideally, I'd like the next Star Wars series to be on HBO. I've just started watching Game of Thrones and it's a breath of fresh air compared to network and cable television. The first advantage is that there are no commercials to sit through (there may be when it actually airs, I watch almost all my television online or on-demand). More importantly though, there is no censorship of the artistic vision of the directors (who are usually provided a substantial budget with which to realize said vision). While the Star Wars universe already has its own profanity and would hardly benefit from the inclusion of prolific F-bombs, it certainly could take advantage of scenes depicting graphic violence and nudity.

Some might object saying that such a show would not match the tone already established for Star Wars; I would actually say they are correct on this point, just as such individuals would be correct in observing that Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns would not fit the tone established by the old Adam West Batman series. But that doesn't mean that Miller's contributions to the Batman mythos weren't welcome additions.

16. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    I would hire Christopher Nolan and give him all my money (as Lucas:), of course ). He knows what to do with it.
    Just imagine:

Obi-Wan: We need to go deeper, Ahsoka!

Palpatine: Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis "the wise"?
    Anakin: No. Wanna know how I got this scar? I had...
    Palpatine: No, Anakin, listen to me! It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend...
    Anakin: You look nervous. Is it the scar? You want to know how I got it?
    Palpatine: No!
    Anakin: I had a...
    Palpatine: Shut up you fool!
    Anakin: Okay...

Anakin: Wanna know how I got this scar? I had...
    Padme: Not again, Anakin!
    Anakin: Why so serious? *Force Choking Padme to death*

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    [face_laugh]

18. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    The Dark Times
    (Released when TCW finishes) A spin-off of TCW, focusing in the Order 66 and aftermaths, continuing the stories of the characters of the original series.

The Interior Menace
    A live-action series focusing in the same period as Knight Errant and Jedi VS Sith, it´s a Game of Thrones type story, with the Sith trying to make it to the power and the Jedi trying to stop them. It has full epic battles and gore and nudity and all that things :p.

Adventures in the Galaxy
    An animated series about standalone stories focusing in the heroes and villains of the saga. Ex.: Three episodes about Darth Vader, then two about C-3PO and so on.

19. Darth-iliria

Darth-iliria Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2011
    I would make a trilogy in which events happen more than a 1000 years before the OT and another trilogy in which events happen around 500 years after the OT (that way it is not too far into the future and there's a possibility to link with the OT).

20. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    No EU-fiction to base this series as far as I know. And even if Lucas want to go that deep, he probably exploit the Old Republic fiction (there is The Old Republic MMO incoming and a new Revan novel).

21. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    "Monkey Lizard did it"

Giving in to fanboy pressure of showing Anakin as a little @£%# rather than the happy young chap we got , this would follow Anakins mischievous early years and the zany misadventures him and his pet monkey Lizard get into, stealing landspeeders, tormenting Jawas. and generally being a prize-A Hole on Tatooine! [He mellowed out when he hit age 7 and his Monkey Lizard went to the great sarlaac in the sky!] . Would be very much in the vein of Horrid Henry or Dennis the Menace.

Would have all the fan favourites Kittster and Wald as part of his tearaway gang and then of course there'd be thr long suffering neighbour and the butt of all Anakins pranks... old Ben Quadinaros.

Guest appearances by Jira would instantly make it a success!

Come on , whaddya say!

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'd make a series that takes place about 30 years after ROTJ, and I would have two Sith crawl out of some rock like in that Geico commercial to wreak havoc in the galaxy.

23. judis9198

judis9198 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2011
    I would definitely have to say an Old Republic story line. Something, with more lightsaber action.

24. judis9198

judis9198 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2011

The cinematic scenes in that game are complete sick. This would be a great story too.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'd like to see a series/movie focusing on Jedi Master Dooku and Qui-Gon Jinn.

The main focus would be on Dooku as he hunts down Darth Sidious in the aftermath of the Battle of Naboo in 32 BBY. There would be a prologue/flashback to the training of Qui-Gon under Dooku's tutelage. The main emotional torque comes from Dooku's relationship with Qui-Gon, and how Qui-Gon's death affects Dooku. We finally see what motivates Dooku to turn against the Jedi and the Republic and what prompts him to join the Sith Lord he once hunted. We finally see a solid account of how the Grand Army of the Republic was ordered and the knowledge that the parties involved - Dooku, Sifo-Dyas, Fett, the Kaminoans, the clones themselves - each had of the grand plot surrounding the Clone Wars, the CIS and the destruction of the Jedi.

It wouldn't matter if it was live action or animated. In either case, it would be great to get Christopher Lee and/or Liam Neeson back to play the characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.