main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT You really shouldn't mess with the title of The CT Forum Social Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by eclipseSD, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    They can be depending on the version. You should check out this thread here in the CT Forum. There's a lot of great information on LD's.

OT on Laserdisc

2. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    FYI...ANH is on WGN this Saturday, I think at 4pm est. I don't know, I still always have to watch it when it comes on TV even though I have the tape...though my SE tape broke from overuse I guess...I do have the original one however... Someone mentioned Photoshop here. Hopefully an expert...if I need help maybe... My semester just started and already I'm behind one drawing... <<sigh>> and here I am posting...decisions, decisions...post or paint?

3. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    You should be painting. I know a bunch of people that are great with PS if you need help.

4. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I'd much rather be painting than doing chemistry - I used to love painting and drawing, and was actually quite good at it until I gave it up to concentrate on science. You might also want to look in Fan Art for someone who's good with Photoshop. :)

And I've never seen laserdiscs for sale in England. :(

5. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    FanArt is a great forum to get help with PS. I doubt you're going to find the LD's on sale anywhere other than online.

6. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Would Fan Art be good also for advice on Dreamweaver? I really, really need help on that one...my web site is so bad :(

7. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

The Fan Sites forum is the place to go for website help and discussion. :)

8. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    I'm back...

A lot appears to have gone on since last I caroused this place.

Actually, no one's posting anything really interesting in my threads, and I don't want to do lesson plans for next week, so I thought I'd come in and leave my stain on the furniture :D

Salty, glad to see you pushing the LD thread. have you done any searching yourself?

I've been eyeing the $149 Japanese set on E-bay. I don't know how I'd buy it without my wife finding out, but it would be worth it!

BTW, I peeked at your latest posts (yes, I'm that bored) and noticed some "private board" messages. What's up with that!?! You talkin' behind my back? :p

9. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    The problem is there isn't much information in Fan Sites. I was just over there not too long ago and it's a pretty bland forum. Use Google to find sites that have tutorials on Dreamweaver and I think you'll be better off.

EDIT: Those private board posts are to the Advisory Council and Fan Force City Rep boards.

10. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Hey, did anyone else get a questionaire about the JC? I'm wondering if that was a blanket post, or if people were picked at random. I got a personal response back, so there wouldn't seem to be many.

Salty, do you think the AC will be done away with? (interesting thread, BTW. Funny to see the mods slam each other :) )

11. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I don't think the AC will be done away with any time soon but we do need more interaction with the Mods. Perception has a lot to do with it. Our discussions take place behind closed doors but it appears we do nothing. We're going to have to find a better way to show we're actually working to better the JC. Those questions you got were sent to a few people.

12. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    [Honored]

A select few, right?!?

(come on, don't burst my bubble :) )

13. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Hey, what happens if someone under 13 joins your website?

Also, what timezone is California (GMT + ???)
    (Don't know how far I am from Greenwich, and no globe at home :( )

14. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    GMT -8 would be for California. There's really no way to prove your age on a message board so we would have to deal with that if it ever came up. We don't take responsibility for people under 13 being there because the agreement is there before you register.

15. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    The old "Leisure Larry" computer games used to have questions geared towards people at an age-range of 18 (based on the time the game came out.) Stuff like Vietnam and such. You had to answer so many questions correctly for the game to start!

You should do something like this for your website :D

16. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    Anyone else in atm? I need amusement! :p

Tayschrenn

17. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm here but not for your amusement.

:p

18. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    Alright! Fine, how about... fun and/or intelligent conversation? :p

Tayschrenn

19. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm always game for that. I'm really loving the "old" new JC scheme that's up.

20. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    Ditto.

Except it doesn't bring back memories of the 'Good Ole Days' with me like it does most older members. I dropped in a few times long ago but I didn't 'join' as such until a year or so ago. I've had accounts but its hard to barge your way into a community of the JC's size :p

Tayschrenn

21. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    No joke. It was a bigtime adjustment for me when I returned after a long absence.

22. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    Your damn right.

I had a few months away recently because of travelling and work and then when I come back, there are new faces and threads everywhere and everything is different. Like... who are you?!?!

j/k ;)

23. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    Heh, I'm still trying to catch up on what happened in my absence.

24. Tayschrenn

May 24, 2002
    I know what you mean. This place can take alot of time out of you if your going to try and 'keep up' so to speak.

I usually just let some things pass, only hang around in certain forums, etc. etc. CT is my fav, atm, simply because I realised when I came back that what started me out was these movies. The bashing, fighting and all that which goes on in the Prequal forums often doesn't seem worth it.

Whadda'you think?

25. Master Salty

Apr 18, 1999
    I completely agree. What concerns me is the PT vs. OT sentiments that are going around now. They're here, the prequel forums, and SW Miscellaneous. It bugs the hell out of me to see fans fight with each other. I've also rediscovered my love for the OT. I watched ANH tonight and I got chills when Vader first appeared, when Obi was discussing Anakin with Luke, and during the saber duel. The magic of that movie is far from dead. I was still irritated as hell with the Greedo scene, but I managed to keep it from ruining the experience. I wouldn't mind that scene, but the editing is piss poor. The whole scene seems rushed now.