main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT You really shouldn't mess with the title of The CT Forum Social Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by eclipseSD, Jan 17, 2003.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    10.7 seems to be a work in progress; 10.7.2 deleted alot of the random errors I was getting and added some more functionality to the Launchpad, but now there's issues with purchasing more Icloud storage. There's a rumor floating around a few websites that the Ipad 3 will actually run full OSX; I doubt it as that would kick the price of the Ipad 3 through the roof due to the extra RAM you'd have to have onboard, but I can see it working if they kept the Ipad 2 around as the 'cheap' Apple tablet and made the Ipad 3 more equivalent to the professional-focused Windows 7 tablets floating around. Lion seems like it'd be pretty touch-friendly, too, so I think it'd work as a tablet OS.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Welcome to our new home, CT forum denizens.

*hangs up X-wing and TIE fighter-themed streamers and erects a cardboard cutout of Yoda*

DarthBoba likes this.
  3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I hope it's a cutout with Yoda raising his hand and pointing toward the X-wing. Symbolic of resurrecting the forums from the swamp of tempness.

p.s. I am officially pissed that I can't edit the subject line of my replies in this thread anymore. [face_monkey]

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, my post about the future of Apple was entirely wrong. :p

5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    But the bigger question is: Did you buy up Apple stock? It closed at 680 yesterday. That's almost double since Steve Jobs died.

:eek:

6. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Nah. That's well beyond my financial means. :p

I'm getting distracted by the potential Windows Phone 8 has, as well. The Nokia 920 is pretty dang nice.

And at $2.64 a share, affordable. :p