main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You: Redheaded and Hormonal (A Choose Your Own Adventure fanfic!) L/M - Completed Mar. 14

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'd tell him anyway, so 1. He's going to want to know what's going on and I won't lie.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You know how I feel about romantic moments [face_laugh] but I agree with Hazel: the honest and kind thing would be to spring the news #1 so that Luke won't spend the day worried that it's something icky-serious.

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Number 1!

Also, Luke is so sweet. [face_love]

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    1. Yeah, he'll remember you punching him in the gut and throwing up, but, hey, a story to tell the kids when they get older... or, you know, not, considering what they were doing before punches were thrown and ration bars were up-chucked.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think Mara should brush her teeth, gargle and THEN tell him the news. I don't want to read about her kissing him with vomit breath.[face_laugh]

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    #1!! I'm sure he already suspects... and has a list of baby names. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Everyone knows it has to be #1. #2... doesn't really seem to be Mara's type. I've never found her as the wait for the right moment romantic type. Now granted I haven't read that many EU books. But I have read TTT, Union and Survivor's Quest, so I know some basics about her. I haven't read any of the ones that have her and Ben in them. No Vong invasion or Darth Caedus, nothing. So all my info on how she reacts to children come from fanfiction, a little bit of Wookieepedia, and the one scene in the new Fate of the Jedi series.

Still doesn't seem Mara's type. Holding Luke in suspense for the sake of making him squirm - yes. Romantic, not so much.

And thank you for PMing me, even if there are only two of us!

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

9. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    #1, great idea :)

10. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Yup, I'm going with number 1 too. It's also romantic in a very Mara-way. Can't wait to see Luke's reaction... Hehehe...

11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    You tell him the news.

~ ~ ~

?Farmboy??

He holds up his finger. ?Hold that thought.? He then points to the pajama shirt and underwear he brought you. ?Put that on. I don?t want you to catch a cold.? He then leaves.

You roll your eyes, but put on the shirt and underwear, then settle back on the pillows.

Luke comes back with a glass of water and mouth rinse. You take the mouth rinse, gargle it, and then spit it back into the small cup. Luke dutifully takes it to pour it out while you take a long swig of water.

Luke returns, gets back into bed with you and puts his arm around you. ?You were going to say something??

You glare at him. ?You know, don?t you??

He avoids your glare and begins to draw an invisible design on your hand with his finger. ?Well, when we talked last week you said you were feeling kinda funky. And we were very? active, before you left. I think I have a guess?? he then looked up at you with a coy smile. ?But I want to hear it from you.?

?Luke,? you groan. ?You did a scan of my body when I was vomiting, didn?t you?? you accuse him.

?Possibly. But I want to hear it from you,? he practically whined.

?Why?? you mock his tone. ?You already know. What is the point of telling you??

?Because, it?s not real for me until you tell me.?

?What?s not real for you until I tell you?? You just love aggravating him.

?Maaaarrraaaa. Pleeeeeease?? Now he really was whining. ?You were going to tell my anyways.?

?Fine. Farmboy, I am pregnant with your spawn.?

Luke?s smile lights up the room. ?Yes!? he cries. He takes you in his arms and squeezes you tight. You give him a long, lingering kiss.

?Are you happy?? you ask.

He grins goofily. ?Yup. I?m going to be a daddy. When can we tell people??

~ ~ ~

You?

1. ask him to wait ? this ?becoming a mother? thing is new for you.

Or?

2. suggest you go to Solos? apartment for breakfast to tell Han, Leia and the kids.

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

I love to see the Jedi Master whine. :p And he's the only male figure that can get away with it in my book.

Now for the choice, and this one is hard because I can find arguments for both... [face_thinking] ... I think the 1st is more Mara and 2nd is more Luke, so I'll go with 1.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! Bri! SQUEE! And the You POV just puts it over the top for goodness.

:D [face_dancing]

1 definitely is Mara-esque [face_laugh]

[:D]

!!!!!!

14. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    1 is more Mara, but Luke can give her puppy eyes and be convinced to do 2. I don't doubt the power of puppy-eyes. 2.

15. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Beware the power of the Skywalker whine... I will go with number 2!

16. the-Naboo-council

the-Naboo-council Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2010
    great post!=D=
    i vote for #1

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I think that she would make him wait on telling--and then make him go to the Solos anyway, to watch him squirm. [face_mischief] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Hmm.... She probably would make him wait a bit, but I really want to see the Solos... so I'm going with #2. But they can only tell the Solos, just to make it tough on Lukie. LOL!!!

18. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Well in canon she didn't want to tell anyone cause she was sick. Here I think she would not make Luke wait to tell his sister. So I'm voting 2.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    How old is I Mara in this story? If she is over 35 it might be considered a high risk pregnancy she might want to wait. I bet Leia would take one look at her and know automatically though.

I was in grad school for biology when I became pregnant. I told my mom I chose to do a nine month independent study research project involving human embrionic development. I told her it was such a difficult reearch project that my husband was going to assist me as my research assistant.

My mom just said, "that's nice, but that's a long time to work on a project."

She was clueless. I ask to talk to my dad and I tell him the same story. He is silent. Then laughs and explains to mom.

I think they should wait to tell but maybe Luke can't help but hint to his sister.

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    #2!!!!!! :D

21. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
  22. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Tough choice. Hmmmm, I say Luke can eventually convince her to at least let him spill to Leia (who can read him like a book anyway) #2!

23. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It was a close vote. But I am glad #2 won ? it means this will be longer (if #1 won, it would have ended there). Also, please make your vote clear. Bold it or something to make it easier when I am trying to count. Thank you!

~ ~ ~

You suggest you go to Solos? apartment for breakfast to tell Han, Leia and the kids.

~ ~ ~

You think for a moment, making him squirm. ?I guess we can go tell your sister and Han. They asked us over for breakfast anyways.?

Luke is practically bouncing up and down.

?But first,? you say, huskily. ?I think we need a celebration sanisteam.?

He gives you another kiss, then pauses. ?Wait. Will all this sex hurt the baby??

You laugh and pat his leg. ?Farmboy. If what we did last night didn?t hurt the baby, then no.?

He sweeps you into his arms. ?Then let?s go get dirty in the sanisteam.?

A few minutes later, you are walking down a hall to the Solo?s apartment. You are wearing a blue tunic and black cargo pants. Luke is in his Jedi blacks, which you rolled your eyes at when you saw him putting them on.

You reach the door. Luke presses the chime, then wraps his arm around your lower back and puts his hand on your right butt cheek.

Why must he do that?? you think. You hate it when he touches you like this in public. Well, you don?t hate it, but does he have to make it so obvious you just had sex.

The hormones are raging again and you can feel it.

~ ~ ~

You?

1. fight the urge to smack him and just ignore it.

2. ask him, not so politely, to remove his hand

3. deck him (punch him)

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    2. ask him, not so politely, to remove his hand

Mostly because I already punched him once today and he's too cute to be a bag.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    #2 ask not so politely--really snarkily for him to remove it.

Especially since he probably knows she doesn't like public displays ;) :p but he's happy and flaunting for several reasons rofl!

Hazel's right - he's too cute to be a bag [face_laugh]

And Mara -- doesn't ignore very well, :* although if he senses her silent annoyance, he could win brownie points by voluntarily moving his hand to a less conspicuous location [face_laugh]

Hugs!!!!!