main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~* You Set Me Free*~- Update 4/24!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Why, thank you, NJ! :) I love writing romantic tension. And they'll get some time alone......... eventually. ;)

2. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome fic, Val. Keep up the good work :D

3. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks Nitro! I'm working on a fun scene right now. ;)

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That thing took on a life of its own-- the thread included. But oh, what sweet memories.... Amen! I think that fic won the prize for the craziest thread on the boards! Pillow fights! [face_devil]

Wonderful posts! I don't really like the thought of Danni and Jacen together (Tahiri!), but I'm loving how you're writing this! It's wonderful!

And, by chance, are your titles coming from Michelle Branch songs? Cuz "You Set Me Free" and "You Get Me" are both songs by her, so I'm assuming they must be.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

5. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    The way you're writing them has such great chemistry! I love this fic so far... more soon?

6. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Val's back! Hooray! Ah, sweet memories of pillow fights . . .

7. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks again for the warm welcome back! :) I like Danni. She's intelligent, warm, and not just another Mara rip-off. So I'm hoping to change some of your minds about her! Watch out!

8. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    More more more. :D

I look forward to your writings Val. You explore both sides which is a nice thing.

OWLC

9. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, OWLC! I like being 'omniscient' as a reader, so I like to write from many characters' points of view. I'm trying to work on the strict first person thing, and I've got a very short Tahiri thing I may one day post... if I get up the nerve. But I always find myself drifting back to covering more than one character. Oh, well. **shrugs**

And JJD, you're right. You know I stink at titles, and I had these story ideas but no titles. I love her CD, and it was handy, so there you go. :) I also love Norah Jones and John Mayer, but I liked Michelle's titles better. LOL!

I did manage to do a brief outline of where I'd like this story to go, and just as a warning, it's probably going to be pretty mushy a lot of the time. My other Jacen one might end up being more serious.

10. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    If you ever need a title, val, I happen to be well known for coming up with creative ones! ;) I'll lend you a hand. :)

Jae Angel

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    You've got a deal, NJ! Why not start with this one... I'm not happy with it. :(

12. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Dont trust her Val. She tends to insert floating arms into things. ;)

Plus I think my title is better than hers. :p

OWLC

13. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow, this story is great!

I don't read much fan fiction, and one of the reasons is that there isn't much good Jacen/Danni stuff out there (I'm a huge Jacen/Danni fan, if you didn't know/couldn't guess ;)). But now there is this story and it is just what I wanted!

Thank you so much, val solo!

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    What the? :eek: OWLC, your title is NOT better than mine! :mad: Mine has roots in ALICE IN WONDERLAND for pete's sake! :p Oh, and let's not forget the Four Tops. ;)

Hmmmmm, I'll have to think of one for this. . .

Jae Angel

15. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    I am still better at titles than you. :p

OWLC

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Dude, you have one title. :p And it's not something weird that's unexpected. Now, here's one that is:

So Many Twi'lek Babes, So Little Time. ;)

Jae Angel

17. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Titles do not have to be weird. They can be deep and meaningful. Or they can just rip off other movie titles. :p

OWLC

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Or songs! Don't forget about songs! ;)

I called mine "Down the Sn'aala Hole. . ." because I didn't think rabbits existed in the GFFA. However, I did have a deep and meaningful reason for that title, mister! And that was a creeping sense of despair that increased throughout the entire story. :p I guess I should have told you this earlier, with you being my beta and all. . . [face_blush]

Jae Angel

19. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Can't tell me everything my friend. It allows for such a different perspective at times.

OWLC

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    You two sound like an old married couple! LOL!

Welcome, Danny Quee :)... and thanks! I like the idea of them together, too (even though I've got a Jacen/Tahiri story going in another thread ;))

I went back and reread some scenes in Destiny's Way and got some other inspiration for this fic. I'd almost forgotten their scenes together. And after reading Remnant, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have a happy ending!

21. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *sneaks into thread*

I usually despise Danni Quee, just so you know. I killed her off in my own fanfic.

That being said, this fic is AWESOME! I love the witty repartee between Jacen and Danni, it's great! It's exactly what I would expect from the two of them, and also between Luke and Mara. Great job! If only the NJO authors would handle Danni/Jacen this way!!! :D

~Rogue

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, what can I say, val? We're each other's betas and we like to argue! :p

So, any more on this soon? ;)

Jae Angel

23. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Rogue11--- I'm glad you're enjoying my fic. :) I think she hasn't been given enough of a chance to really develop as a character in the NJO, so now it's my turn! :D

And NJ, I am working on the next part of this. In fact, I have a little part finished already, but I want to save that scene for later. I know, it's a bit backwards, but when inspiration hits, ya just gotta go with it!

24. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I write all of my fic posts out of order, and see if I can make them fit...it's frustrating but necessary.

And I don't normally like Danni either, Rogue11, but I agree, this is a great fic!

And it needs an upsie!

25. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Yeah being a Beta we gotta argue. :) Hope to see more soon Val. And to see you in other spots.

OWLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.