main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~* You Set Me Free*~- Update 4/24!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I have no clue what any of you are talking about! :p I just remember the song! :D

Jae Angel

2. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    I was more partial to the cruise director, but that is just me.

OWLC

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Julie? Didn't she turn out to be a drug addict??

4. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, now you've got my attention! :p

Jae Angel

5. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Val,

Great story.

Jacen and Danni are so cute.

~Lelila~

6. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Val, I'm glad you don't plan to write about Jacen/Tenel Ka! Jacen/Danni and Jacen/Tahiri are much more interesting (Jacen/Danni is the best, of course ;)).

I don't like Tenel Ka much either. Even if I hadn't been rooting for Jacen/Danni getting together since Onslaught I still don't think I'd like TK. She's too serious for my tastes. And what is with her way of speech? "Fact" where did that come from? I could go on, but I won't.

Oh, and I've never watched The Love Boat! 8-}

7. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    You are amoung the many then, Danny_Quee. Myself included.

I remember the threads from days past, Getting over it was one of them. My, but they certainly were a barell of laughs.

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Force, Prophet, I've always found you so hysterically funny, and I don't even know why, but for some reason that last comment cracked me up! Wow, I'm an idiot, somebody shoot me.

Anyways, great post, val! Loved the last bit with Luke! LOL!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

9. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *runs over to InryiForge's thread and steals Wes Janson's toy blaster filled with ketchup*

*shoots JJD*

There you go. ;)

Great post. I have a lot of trouble writing technical stuff like that and you do it realy well....I'm going to have to get better at it here soon, I think, being an engineering major!

~Rogue

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    *steals Shalla's gun and gets Rogue back*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And so the madness beings! [face_devil] 8-} [face_laugh] [face_devil]

EDIT:

I'd like it to go on record that I didn't start it... [face_devil] ;)

Force, I wish Rev were here...then we'd REALLY be having a good time... where is that boy?

11. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, here we are. Another post. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

?Ready to go?? Jacen asked from the doorway of Danni?s stateroom. She clicked shut the latch on her lab case and took a deep breath.

?Ready as I?ll ever be,? she affirmed with a hint of uncertainty.

Jacen narrowed his gaze and entered her room. ?What?s wrong? And if you say nothing, I?ll know you?re lying.?

?I just?,? she paused. ?I just don?t feel very comfortable around those people. I?m glad you?re coming with me,? she admitted.

?Me, too,? he answered with a lopsided grin. With a bit of a struggle, Danni tried to heft an overstuffed duffel bag, but failed and it plopped to the floor. ?Here, let me get that. With all my finely sculpted manly muscles, this shouldn?t be a problem.? Jacen easily picked up the bag, tossed it over his shoulder, and then offered her a roguish wink.

Danni laughed out loud. ?Oh, please!?

?What?? he asked as he followed her out the door. ?You don?t think I?m manly?? He was answered by even louder laughter, and he finally joined right in.

?You?re manly enough, I suppose,? she teased over her shoulder enjoying the pink spreading across his face. ?I?m just glad you finally shaved off that scraggly beard.?

?What was wrong with my beard??

?Nothing was wrong with it. I?m just not fond of facial hair.? They stopped at the entrance to the common area, and Danni looked up into his eyes and crinkled her nose. ?It?s too scratchy.?

?Scratchy?? he repeated incredulously. ?Only if you touch it.? He paused for a moment. ?Are you planning on touching my face any time soon? Because if you are, just let me know and I?ll be sure to shave ahead of time.?

She dramatically placed her hand on her heart. ?You?d do that for me?? she asked in feigned disbelief.

?Anything for you, sweetheart.?

Now where had that come from?, Jacen wondered. It was as if his father?s spirit had possessed his body and taken over his mouth. However, as he observed the embarrassed expression on Danni?s blushing face, he found he was actually grateful to have a little of his father in him.

?This one is ready to go.?

Jacen turned to see Saba Sebatyne standing in front of them and looked at Danni in confusion. ?Did you know she was coming with us??

?Uh-huh. I asked her to,? Danni explained.

Jacen leaned over and tried to whisper. ?You do realize that Imperials are a bit prejudiced toward non-humans, right? They probably won?t be comfortable with this.?

Danni grinned conspiratorially. ?I know. Saba and I discussed it, and she agreed to come along. It will make the Imperials squirm a little, but I?m just glad I won?t be the only one who?s uncomfortable.?

Realization of her underhandedness slowly dawned on Jacen. ?You are sneaky, Danni Quee,? he accused. ?I like it!?

?Oh, I?m full of surprises,? she added with a wink.

I?ll bet you are, Jacen thought to himself. I?ll bet you are.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    The trio made their way across the tunnel that had been set up to connect the two stranded ships. Danni felt her chest tighten as they neared the end, the stress of facing more Imperials a fear she couldn?t quite shake. Having two of her friends along helped ease the panic a bit.

Especially Jacen.

She glanced over while he wasn?t looking, and an instant calm washed over her. There was something so soothing about his presence that had existed since he?d first come into her life. No words could explain it. It just was.

Studying his profile as they walked, she noted just how much he had truly changed. Gone was any trace of the teenage boy she had met in the icy bowels of Helska 4. Now his jaw was square and strong, not so unlike his father?s. No roundness of youth remained in sight, only the sharp lines and edges of a grown man. His brown hair was still worn a bit long, but shorter than when he had first returned from Coruscant. Danni decided she rather liked the unkempt look with it

12. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    hmmm...somebody is jealous, isn't he??

Love the reactions to Saba.

*sneaks around with blaster and shoots OWLC* Ha! That's two points for me!
    :D

~Rogue

P.S. And, yes, I enjoy beating up on innocent bystanders...or not-so-innocent bystanders. ;)

13. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks, Rogue11. Just watch that ketchup blaster... that stuff stains!

14. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Ding ding, round one! This is getting pretty interesting. Can't wait for the next post.

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ooooooh, competition, and yet I smell a rat!! ;) Something big is about to happen. . .

On another note, I love characters who turn out to be something different than they appear. I hope this Dr. Ambross turns out that way. ;)

Jae Angel

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Another up for this, because it doesn't deserve to be on the third page! :)

Jae Angel

17. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Another good post, Val!

I really liked the teasing between Jacen and Danni. And Jacen using "sweetheart" like Han would. And Jacen getting jealous...and, well, I just liked the whole thing!

Keep up the good work!

18. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!

VAL'S BACK!

Hey Val! :D It's been too long bud, but it's great to see you haven't lost your touch at all. :)

19. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ah yes an up for Val. I await more witty banter my friend. :D

OWLC

20. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    I'm ready whenever you are!

21. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    As am I! :)

Jae Angel

22. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Well miss Val. Once I go and deal with an annoying class on billing and the changing world of medicine(damn medicare) I will be moving on to anatomy, but I promise one day soon we can battle. Until then, you can go enjoy the rest of my fic. I posted so :p

OWLC

23. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh I DO not like that guy! Go jacen! LOL! More soon?

Anna

24. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, yes he did. I have to give him credit for that! :p

Jae Angel

25. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Likely story, OWLC...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.