main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~* You Set Me Free*~- Update 4/24!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    That last post, it seemed odd. Oh--wait, I was remembering the other story you have going...

Messing with my own head it seems...

A great addition nonetheless, Val, m'lady.

2. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Sorry to confuse you. :)

3. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    You didn't confuse me. I confused myself.

4. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Great Job Val. :) I wish I could say more but I gotta get back to the grind.

OWLC

5. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Here's another one! :) Enjoy!

You Set Me Free?Chapter 5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``````
    Danni cycled through each file of Yuuzhan Vong knowledge she had stored away in her brain in search of a solution. She reviewed all her notes concerning the modifications and anti-Vong inventions she had created over the last several years. Nothing seemed to click. This dovin basal was different from the ones on the Yuuzhan Vong ships, and she couldn?t figure out how to manipulate it to effect all of the others still lurking out in space.

Even so, she would not give up. Danni Quee was not a quitter. Her mother had instilled that particular virtue in her at a young age, and it had served her well. It was especially useful when she was trapped on Helska 4 as she watched poor Miko Regalia be broken down by the Vong?s torture. And it had helped her throughout this war. She?d been fortunate enough to create some very useful inventions that had saved millions of lives, but that wasn?t enough for her. Right now lying in an oozing heap in front of her was a problem she simply had to solve, so she started her cycle all over again.

Every now and then she would hear Jacen chuckle from his seat on a sofa that had been placed off in a corner. It was probably because she talked to herself as she worked, or maybe it was her humming. Whatever the reason, she?d flashed him an embarrassed grin the first few times, but soon learned just to keep working.

Some time later, Dr. Ambross returned, his smile preceding him. He really was very attractive, Danni admitted, in a perfect, not-a-hair-out-of-place kind of way. However, he wasn?t nearly as handsome as he thought he was. He had an offer for Danni.

?Have dinner with me, Danni,? he proposed. ?I?ve ordered us a delightful meal, and I know you must be famished.? He grabbed her hand and looked boldly right into her eyes willing her to say yes.

Danni sensed the instant tension coming from the general vicinity of the sofa and glanced over to see Jacen watching the scene with great interest even though his casual position appeared calm and collected.

D?vin sensed her hesitancy and tried another approach. ?You wouldn?t want me to dine alone, now would you?? His charm was smooth. She?d give him that much. She was almost tempted to say yes for one brief moment, but only because she was really hungry. However, she didn?t even get a chance to answer.

?Dinner sounds great!? Jacen declared, walking up behind Danni and placing a possessive hand on her shoulder. ?I?m starving!?

She glanced up at him and saw his big, phony smile. What was he playing at?

?Um?I?uh,? the doctor stuttered, ?I was prepared to feed only two, Danni and myself. I?m sure the galley can whip something up for you and bring it down here.? He looked again to the petite woman sandwiched in between. ?How about it, my dear? I?d love to hear more about the yammosk jamming techniques you discovered.?

She felt Jacen press up against her back. ?Hey, yeah,? he interjected, ?and then you could tell her about your family. Dr. Hegerty tells me your kids are beautiful. What are their names, again??

Dr. Ambross?s expression registered somewhere between total embarrassment and seething rage. Danni noticed his lip curl into a snarl before quickly spreading into another charming grin. ?Perhaps I could, at that,? he managed to say through clenched teeth.

?You have a family?? Danni asked. She was answered by both men in stereo.

?Yes, I do.?
    ?Yes, he does.?

?Oh.? She stepped out from the middle of the two men, realizing this showdown as some silly primal display to mark their territory. And she refused to be the ?territory?. ?Well, D?vin while I appreciate your kind offer, I?m afraid I have to decline.? She saw Jacen?s almost imperceptible smirk of triumph and added, ?This time.? That wiped his face clean.

?Very well, then. Maybe another time.?

?Perhaps,? she replied with a warm smile. ?But for now I?m going to stay here and keep working.?

Dr. Ambross left s

6. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Nice! Two posts, both equally awesome. I can't wait for the next one :D

7. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ah women. The ultimate mystery in the universe. One more complex than any other.

OWLC

8. Danny_Quee

Danny_Quee Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow! Another great chapter, val! This just keeps getting better!

And I just have to note one line I really liked: It made him think not so platonic types of thoughts

For some reason, I really got a kick out of that.

9. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Thanks guys! It's so nice to have a few male readers in here, too. I kind of figured someone would get a kick out of poor Jacen's 'women' line--- of course, it was you, OWLC! ;) And yes, we females delight in exasperating the male species. :D

More to come today!

10. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Awesome!! Loved the last couple of lines!

~Rogue

11. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This excerpt ?Jacen, I?m still trying to figure them out myself.? and OWLC saying Ah women. The ultimate mystery in the universe. One more complex than any other. had me rolling on the floor. Its so true. :D

Another great section val. It was great how Jacen was gettiong jealous, now he just has to realize whats going on.

J_J

12. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I love this fic!

I need more. Star Wars is like an addiction.

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Just a little response to the first post since I don't have time to read both right now.

I love the way you write that sleazeball doctor! :D And reading Remnant really made me like Jacen and Danni even more, and I think the way you write all of them and Saba really does follow along nicely with that story. :)

More later. . .

Jae Angel

14. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Welcome, Whitey, fellow addict! :D And Rogue and JJ, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I aim to please!

Good to hear from you, NJ! :) Are you back from your trip yet? Thanks for the compliments. I have more planned for our dear doctor. [face_devil] But for now, I feel the need for a little mush.

Enjoy! :)

You Set Me Free? Chapter 6: ?Touching?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sleep was not Jacen Solo?s friend that night. It seemed he couldn?t get comfortable despite how many times he switched sides or fluffed his pillow, and it was all because of Danni. For some reason, she wouldn?t stop haunting his every thought, and the few times he did drift off, she had the nerve to show up in his dreams.

Part of it was that he felt guilty about acting so ridiculous in front of her. If she didn?t think of him as a man, then he could understand why after reflecting on his childish behavior with Dr. Ambross. And the last thing he wanted was for her to think he didn?t respect her. Out of all the people he knew, she was right at the top of the list of those he admired most.

He had to make it right.

He waited until it was a more acceptable time before venturing out of his room, but as soon as he could, he took off to prove to her he was no child. He knew just where his uncle kept some extra supplies, so he picked up what he needed plus a couple cups of stimcaf and headed for Danni?s room.

Jacen pressed the buzzer to her room and heard her muffled reply from the other side of the door.

?Just a minute,? she called. In a few seconds, the door slid open and Jacen?s jaw nearly dropped to the floor. There stood Danni, her long hair hanging loose in damp curls wearing nothing but a short, shimmering, silky looking robe. ?Oh! Jacen, I didn?t know it was you,? she remarked as she gripped the top of her robe together. ?Um, I, uh, just got out of the shower.? She averted her eyes and looked nervously around the room, but Jacen could only stare straight ahead--- at her. ?I guess you can come on in. Give me just a second and I?ll be presentable,? she called over her shoulder as she trotted back to the refresher.

She continued talking to him from the other room, but Jacen was still standing in the doorway dumbstruck, two cups of stimcaf growing colder by the minute. Finally, he snapped out of it and walked inside her room. He quickly found a place to set the hot drinks down and wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead. Surely, the caf hadn?t been that hot.

Soon enough she returned, to Jacen?s dismay, fully clothed. Her hair was pulled back into a long braid and she wore a big smile on her face.

?Well, good morning!? she declared. ?You?re up and about early today.?

?I, uh, brought you some stimcaf,? he stated, pointing to the lukewarm cups of liquid sitting on a shelf, ?only it might not be so hot anymore.?

She laughed. ?Oh, that?s okay. I don?t think I need it anyway. I slept great last night! How about you?? She was way too perky.

?So-so,? he replied. It figured that she had gotten plenty of sleep while he had been lying in bed staring wide-eyed at the ceiling. Fate was a fickle master, he mused.

?But bringing you a cup of stimcaf was not my only reason for stopping by. I, uh, came to apologize for my behavior yesterday and to offer you a peace offering.?

Danni stepped closer and touched his arm. ?You don?t have to apologize. We already figured this out last night. It?s over now, and you don?t have to give me anything.?

?I don?t have to do anything, but I want to anyway. I promised I?d give you some saber lessons, and I thought we might have our first one before we head back over to the Widowmaker later. What do you say??

He didn?t think it was possible for her face to look more radiant than it already did, but somehow it happened. She jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. ?I?d say that sounds wonderful!? Stepping back she held out her hand for him to take. ?Lead the way, Master,? she joked.

15. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Heh heh heh... Luke just seems to have a nasty habit of needing Jacen at the wrong times. Poor Jacen...

J_J

EDIT: Yea, the part about Mara making a snide comment was great. I could just see it happening. :)

16. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, I was waiting for Jacen to do that to the sleazeball! ;) Very good timing!

And I loved the mush (and the little part about Mara making a snide comment ;) ). For a second I thought Danni was going to be evil and bring him to the edge of kissing before she stopped and ran out! I'm glad you're not that evil. :p Although I must be reading a lot of evil things lately for my mind to venture along that path. . .

Jae Angel

17. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    No, NJ, I don't see Danni as being evil in that respect, so I let 'em kiss. They both needed a good one! :)

Am I seeing green or what????!

18. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    You too? So it wasn't just me. ;)

BTW, the last post was great. Good to see that they finally kissed. it seems as though Luke has a case of C-3PO syndrome

19. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    LOL, Nitro! :) I wondered if anyone would catch that.

20. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    Another good post, val! It's nice that Jacen and Danni finally got to kiss. :)

Yeah, Luke's timing is pretty bad for Jacen and Danni. Jacen seems to have much better timing, going to Danni's room right after she gets out of the shower and all. ;)

EDIT: Hey val, this is probably a pretty dumb question but it's something I've been wondering about: is the stuff that Danni says about touching true or did you just make it up?

21. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ah a kiss. I hope next comes the proverbial awkward moments around others where they keep stealing glances and touches and think they are being sly and yet its beyond obvious to every one.

OWLC

22. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    OWLC, do you think they'd do such a thing????

23. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
  24. Danny_Quee

Sep 14, 2002
    And this great fic is movin' on up!

And perhaps there will be a new chapter soon? Please, val? :)

And please note that I said please, please.

Thank you.

25. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    UP! UP! UP! UP! UP! UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.