Beyond ~*~You Set Me Free~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm moving this here from the old forum.

Old thread

Plus, look for a new post! :)

Title: You Set Me Free
    Author: val solo
    Setting: NJO era/ Post-Remnant (spoilers!)
    Main Characters: Jacen Solo/Danni Quee

~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~**

You Set Me Free

Chapter 1?

?Who do they think they?re kidding?? Mara Skywalker whispered in her husband?s ear.

Luke Skywalker chuckled softly without looking away from his monitor. He knew his wife was referring to his nephew, Jacen, and the pretty, young scientist, Danni Quee. The two had been stealing glances at one another for the last hour, which only served to solidify Luke?s suspicions after finding the two alone in the corridor of the Jade Shadow. Although they hadn?t been caught in a compromising position, so to speak, Luke could tell that their meeting was becoming more intimate than a mere discussion of dodgy surge arrestors.

?It is pretty obvious, isn?t it?? he replied.

?You got that right! There?s more pheromones floating around in here than a Falleen matchmaking festival,? she snorted.

Luke looked up at her innocently. ?Is there such a thing??

Now Mara chuckled. ?It was just a joke, farm boy.? Leaning over she pressed a kiss to Luke?s lips. ?That?s what I love about you, dear.?

?My gullibility??

?Yeah, well, that and that thing you do with?? Her voice stopped abruptly, but she finished the rest of her message via the Force. Luke?s eyes widened and then a mischievous grin spread across his face.

?You know, we?ve got a few more hours in hyperspace. What do you say we go elsewhere and give these two some time alone to figure things out??

?Think they?ll be able to do that in just a few hours? It took us a few years!? she challenged.

Luke reached over and gently caressed the side of Mara?s face. ?Yeah, well, they?ve already got an advantage over our start.?

She stared at him waiting for the punch line. ?Which is???

?She?s not trying to kill him.?

?Ha, ha. Very funny,? Mara replied trying not to laugh but failing miserably. Slowly she stood, glanced at the other two occupants who were stealing longing looks at one another and shook her head. Then she turned back to Luke with a twinkle in her eye. ?I?ll be waiting for you, Skywalker,? she purred. She sauntered out of the room knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was watching her every move.

?Is Aunt Mara okay?? Jacen asked snapping his uncle out of a love-induced trance.

?Hmm? Oh? yeah? she?s fine. Just a little tired is all.? Luke stretched his arms above his head and yawned. ?In fact, I?m a little beat myself,? he added trying to sound nonchalant. ?I think I?m going to go join her--- in a nap,? he stressed emphatically. ?You two can handle the bridge, right??

?Sure,? Jacen assured the older man. ?You go ahead and get some?sleep,? he added with a quick wink. Luke blushed crimson and hastily exited the deck. Jacen couldn?t help but laugh out loud at his uncle?s obvious discomfort. It had to be his Solo blood that urged him to taunt the man so.

Soon enough Jacen?s laughter ended when he realized he was all alone with Danni. She grinned over at him and then returned to busily punching keys and perusing data at her work station. Her curly, blond hair cascaded down her back and Jacen marveled at how soft it looked. He had to suppress a desire to plunge his hands into it. Jacen shook his head and refocused his drifting thoughts. Dealing with a horde of savage Yuuzhan Vong or a fleet full of angry Imperials--- not a problem. Making coherent, intelligent conversation with a certain green-eyed beauty--- now that was a different story altogether. Around her he was instantly reduced to a quivering mass of boyhood. And according to his uncle, it wasn?t likely to get much easier.

He sighed and swiveled his seat back around to his own monitor forcing himself to appear busy and useful. As he fumbled with a few buttons and switches, his mind wande
  2. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You Set Me Free?Chapter 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~~~~

Several moments of awkward silence passed on the bridge of the Jade Shadow. Jacen was painfully aware that Danni was only a few feet from him. Apart from a few beeps and clicks coming from the controls, it was so quiet that he could almost hear her breathing--- or maybe it was just the pounding of his own nervous heart. He had to keep himself from laughing out loud at his own foolish inexperience. Sure, he had fought against the strongest of the Yuuzhan Vong--- and won. Yes, he had survived their capture, their attempts to break him, even to the point where they were ready to make him a deity. But when it came to the fairer sex, he was woefully inept.

True, when he was younger, he had a major crush on Tenel Ka, the warrior princess from his Jedi Academy days. Maybe the fact that she had been his complete opposite was what had attracted him. He recalled trying desperately to make her laugh, but to no avail. His father had mentioned something about men liking a challenge, and Jacen hadn?t understood exactly what Han had been talking about. Now he did, and he knew that Tenel Ka probably did care for him even if she didn?t laugh at any of his jokes.

Then there had been their brief time together before the Myrkr mission. She?d made it clear that she was still interested, and he thought he had been, as well. However, destiny did not direct him down that particular path, and now here he was, alone with a woman he was beginning to care for beyond his usual concern for all things living.

No, Danni Quee was a different story altogether. Instead of a warrior, she embraced her femininity wholeheartedly, yet still maintained her superior intellect in a non-threatening manner. She loved to laugh, loved to learn, and loved to touch. It was something he had noticed on more than one occasion. If someone was hurting, she never shied away from offering a reassuring pat or hug. Even Saba Sebatyne had learned to appreciate Danni?s sincere display of affection despite the Barabel?s initial instinct to attack anyone who dared touch her.

And not only did Danni never fail to touch others, but she loved to be touched in return. The memory of being pressed up against her in the stylus ship all those years ago, of her willingly letting him, a total stranger, hold her while she cried, made his palms sweat?again.

?Jacen??

His head jerked around and he hastily wiped his hands on his pant legs. ?Yeah?? he stammered, still a bit flustered from the heated memory. She stood up and walked toward him with a smile, and for a split second he feared she had read his mind.

?I?ve been thinking,? she stated leaning back on the counter next to him.

?A-about what??

?When we were back near the hatchway earlier??

?Uh-huh,? he mumbled. Like I could forget?

?You called me a ?damsel in distress?.?

He shifted uneasily in his chair. ?I- I was only kidding, Danni,? he defended. Her hand instantly reached out and covered his.

?I know you were, but--- but it made me realize something.? Jacen glanced down at their hands and then back up to her face. ?I may not always have someone like you or Saba around to rescue me. It?s not that I don?t have faith in my friends, but I just feel the need to better defend myself.

?I always believed that as long as I used my brain, I could manage any situation. But if these last several years have taught me anything it?s that while brains are effective in most predicaments, sometimes a little bit of brawn doesn?t hurt.? She shrugged in surrender.

Jacen grinned at her confession. ?True,? he agreed with a nod.

?So I have a proposition for you.? She smiled widely as she pulled him from his seat.

?Uh-oh. I?ve got a bad feeling about this,? he teased.

?Oh, it?s not that awful,? she assured him with a playful swat on his shoulder. ?Jacen Solo,? she announced, standing tall, ?will you teach me how to use a lightsaber??

For a moment, he was speechless, but not because of her request. It w
  3. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    YAY! YAY! YAY! :)

I love this story!

Can't wait for that new post!

Thank you, val!!!!!! :D
  4. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 3--
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some time later the Widowmaker sent out a few scout ships along with one from the Jade Shadow. In no time at all, the searchers returned, and the news was not good.

?Dovin basals,? Luke revealed to the small group of Jedi sitting quietly in the common area of his wife?s ship. ?Saba says the whole area is seeded with them.?

?What are we going to do?? Danni inquired, a hint of worry showing on her young face.

?Good question,? Luke answered. ?These findings prove that the Vong have already been here and are probably planning on coming back. Why else would they leave behind so many mines??

Everyone frowned. ?So in other words, we?re sitting ducks,? Mara interjected. Luke nodded slowly. A cloud of despair descended upon the group, and no one spoke for several moments.

?This one could destroy the mines one at a time,? Saba Sebatyne suggested.

Mara shook her head. ?That would take days or even weeks if the numbers are as high as you estimated. No, we need to move faster.?

Again silence consumed them until Danni seized Jacen?s forearm and announced, ?Wait!? He noticed the twinkle in her eye and couldn?t help but smile at her enthusiasm. She was beautiful.

?What is it, Danni?? Luke asked.

Danni paused and looked around at her five companions. ?It?s just a thought, but we?ve successfully jammed the big yammosks plenty of times, right?? They all nodded. ?So why couldn?t we somehow jam the basals long enough to get out of here?? She studied their faces waiting for a reaction. Luke continued to mull it over for a few moments first.

?Elaborate,? he urged.

?Well,? she started with a deep breath, ?if I can get my hands on one of the basals, I may be able to tweak it a little, somehow use it against its brothers.?

Jacen started nodding slowly. ?That just may work,? he maintained, casting a furtive glance at his uncle in hopes the man would understand Jacen?s reference to his ?Vongsense?. ?I?d like to volunteer to help you, Danni,? he offered.

?Sure. I?d love to have your help,? she smiled in acceptance and squeezed his hand. ?The only problem is that we?ll need a large enough area in which to put the dovin basal, and no place here on the Jade Shadow will do.?

After sitting mutely throughout the discussion, Tekli, the Chadra-fan Jedi healer spoke up. ?Perhaps we can persuade our Imperial friends to lend us the space we need,? she suggested.

Luke snickered, and the others looked at him in confusion. Usually he showed respect for his Knights? opinions, tried to encourage them to think and share their ideas. ?Sorry,? he apologized once he realized they were staring, ?but I?m still finding it difficult to put ?imperial? and ?friend? in the same sentence. Old habits die hard, I suppose,? he added with a shrug. ?Okay then. Danni, just let me know exactly what you need, and we?ll get this show started.?

She jumped up from the sofa, eager to get started. ?I?ll go make a list right now!? The young scientist turned to leave, and Jacen noticed a glimmer of barely restrained excitement glittering in her emerald eyes. This was something she lived for--- solving impossible puzzles using nothing but her head.

Saba stepped up to face Luke. ?Master, this one wishes to hunt the dovin basal.?

?Sounds great, Saba. I?m sure Captain Yage might choose to send some of her own pilots to assist. You can use my X-wing, but remember, we don?t want to destroy it. It has to be in one piece, or Danni?s idea won?t work.?

?Yes, Master Skywalker,? she said, her ferocious teeth bared in a reptilian grin.

Soon everyone was gone except for the two male Jedi. Luke sat down on the sofa next to his nephew and exhaled loudly. ?So, you think you can use your new ?senses? to make this work??

?Yeah,? Jacen assured him. ?Yes, I do. And besides, what?s the point in being so ?gifted? if I can?t use it to help the ones I care about?? and whomever else might be tagging along.?

They both chuckled, and Luke patted Jacen on the back. ?You?v
  5. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You Set Me Free?Chapter 4
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
    ?So, what you are saying is that the Yuuzhan Vong actually do, in fact, revere life, but not necessarily in a manner that compares to our system of beliefs. Yes??

?Yes.?

Jacen couldn?t help but smile at the older woman sitting across from him in the lush officer?s lounge on board the Widowmaker. Dr. Soron Hegerty?s thirst for information about the Yuuzhan Vong was insatiable. He?d been answering her questions for almost three hours, and if he drank one more cup of stimcaf, he thought he?d explode.

But the conversation had been enjoyable because the woman seemed genuinely sincere in wanting to fully understand the Vong psyche, something not too many people were even slightly interested in attempting. Of course, he didn?t tell her everything he had experienced, such as the minute details of the Embrace of Pain. His hair follicles still ached from that experiment in fine grooming courtesy of his captors. He also left out the fact that he was still telepathically linked to the world brain on old Coruscant in an effort to sabotage the Vong?s attempts at reshaping. No, only he and Uncle Luke knew that bit of information for now. Not even Danni knew, even after their long talks at Mester?s Reef back on Mon Calamari right after his return.

Danni? there she was again, right back at the forefront of his thoughts for the hundredth time. Several times he had caught himself drifting away from the discussion with the doctor and envisioning the pretty young woman hard at work solving another scientific mystery. He loved the way she bit her bottom lip when she was deep in thought pouring over an experiment and the way her face lit up whenever a solution suddenly popped into her mind.

I wonder how she?s doing, he thought, but then he frowned. However and whatever she was doing, she was currently doing it with Dr. Ambross. The man was just too perfect. Weren?t scientists supposed to be homely and clumsy, focused only on their work? At least all of them except for Danni. He desperately wanted her to be interested in something besides her work?namely him?and it startled Jacen to realize how deep his feelings for her were becoming. He?d grown used to having her around all day every day. If their present mission ended successfully, what would happen to their relationship when they returned to the Core? The possibility of life without her was troubling, so he refocused his attention on the present.

?Yes, Dr. Hegerty. You?ve got it,? he reiterated. ?While humans and most other sentients in our galaxy try to avoid pain at all costs, the Yuuzhan Vong, on the other hand, tend to rush toward it. To them, pain is life and life is pain?a concept quite contrary to our own. It?s very difficult for us to even consider the possibility that a race of people would believe such a thing.? Jacen enjoyed sharing his findings with anyone who would listen, and up until now that number had been very few.

?Hmmm? fascinating,? she muttered while contemplating the young Jedi?s words. ?So they believe the only valuable lessons in life are learned through painful experience, and leave no room for any other methods of knowledge acquisition. Whereas, we prefer to exhaust all other means until pain is the only remaining option.? The silver haired woman?s eyes sparkled with comprehension.

?Exactly!? Jacen exclaimed excitedly. ?You understand precisely what I?ve been trying to tell everyone. It?s not necessarily the Vong that are evil and ?wrong?, so to speak. It?s their beliefs we should fault, and those are so deeply embedded into every aspect of their culture. To change the Vong, you have to change their beliefs? maybe give them something new to believe in,? he suggested thoughtfully.

Dr. Hegerty nodded in agreement then leaned back in her chair and sighed heavily. ?You have given this old mind something new to sharpen its teeth on. Thank you for sharing with me, Mr. Solo.?

?Please, call me Jacen. ?Mr. Solo? makes me sound like my father,? he jok
  6. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You Set Me Free?Chapter 5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Danni cycled through each file of Yuuzhan Vong knowledge she had stored away in her brain in search of a solution. She reviewed all her notes concerning the modifications and anti-Vong inventions she had created over the last several years. Nothing seemed to click. This dovin basal was different from the ones on the Yuuzhan Vong ships, and she couldn?t figure out how to manipulate it to effect all of the others still lurking out in space.

Even so, she would not give up. Danni Quee was not a quitter. Her mother had instilled that particular virtue in her at a young age, and it had served her well. It was especially useful when she was trapped on Helska 4 as she watched poor Miko Regalia be broken down by the Vong?s torture. And it had helped her throughout this war. She?d been fortunate enough to create some very useful inventions that had saved millions of lives, but that wasn?t enough for her. Right now lying in an oozing heap in front of her was a problem she simply had to solve, so she started her cycle all over again.

Every now and then she would hear Jacen chuckle from his seat on a sofa that had been placed off in a corner. It was probably because she talked to herself as she worked, or maybe it was her humming. Whatever the reason, she?d flashed him an embarrassed grin the first few times, but soon learned just to keep working.

Some time later, Dr. Ambross returned, his smile preceding him. He really was very attractive, Danni admitted, in a perfect, not-a-hair-out-of-place kind of way. However, he wasn?t nearly as handsome as he thought he was. He had an offer for Danni.

?Have dinner with me, Danni,? he proposed. ?I?ve ordered us a delightful meal, and I know you must be famished.? He grabbed her hand and looked boldly right into her eyes willing her to say yes.

Danni sensed the instant tension coming from the general vicinity of the sofa and glanced over to see Jacen watching the scene with great interest even though his casual position appeared calm and collected.

D?vin sensed her hesitancy and tried another approach. ?You wouldn?t want me to dine alone, now would you?? His charm was smooth. She?d give him that much. She was almost tempted to say yes for one brief moment, but only because she was really hungry. However, she didn?t even get a chance to answer.

?Dinner sounds great!? Jacen declared, walking up behind Danni and placing a possessive hand on her shoulder. ?I?m starving!?

She glanced up at him and saw his big, phony smile. What was he playing at?

?Um?I?uh,? the doctor stuttered, ?I was prepared to feed only two, Danni and myself. I?m sure the galley can whip something up for you and bring it down here.? He looked again to the petite woman sandwiched in between. ?How about it, my dear? I?d love to hear more about the yammosk jamming techniques you discovered.?

She felt Jacen press up against her back. ?Hey, yeah,? he interjected, ?and then you could tell her about your family. Dr. Hegerty tells me your kids are beautiful. What are their names, again??

Dr. Ambross?s expression registered somewhere between total embarrassment and seething rage. Danni noticed his lip curl into a snarl before quickly spreading into another charming grin. ?Perhaps I could, at that,? he managed to say through clenched teeth.

?You have a family?? Danni asked. She was answered by both men in stereo.

?Yes, I do.?
    ?Yes, he does.?

?Oh.? She stepped out from the middle of the two men, realizing this showdown as some silly primal display to mark their territory. And she refused to be the ?territory?. ?Well, D?vin while I appreciate your kind offer, I?m afraid I have to decline.? She saw Jacen?s almost imperceptible smirk of triumph and added, ?This time.? That wiped his face clean.

?Very well, then. Maybe another time.?

?Perhaps,? she replied with a warm smile. ?But for now I?m going to stay here and keep working.?

Dr. Ambross left soon after and was eventually followed by the other Imperial occ
  7. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You Set Me Free? Chapter 6: ?Touching?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sleep was not Jacen Solo?s friend that night. It seemed he couldn?t get comfortable despite how many times he switched sides or fluffed his pillow, and it was all because of Danni. For some reason, she wouldn?t stop haunting his every thought, and the few times he did drift off, she had the nerve to show up in his dreams.

Part of it was that he felt guilty about acting so ridiculous in front of her. If she didn?t think of him as a man, then he could understand why after reflecting on his childish behavior with Dr. Ambross. And the last thing he wanted was for her to think he didn?t respect her. Out of all the people he knew, she was right at the top of the list of those he admired most.

He had to make it right.

He waited until it was a more acceptable time before venturing out of his room, but as soon as he could, he took off to prove to her he was no child. He knew just where his uncle kept some extra supplies, so he picked up what he needed plus a couple cups of stimcaf and headed for Danni?s room.

Jacen pressed the buzzer to her room and heard her muffled reply from the other side of the door.

?Just a minute,? she called. In a few seconds, the door slid open and Jacen?s jaw nearly dropped to the floor. There stood Danni, her long hair hanging loose in damp curls wearing nothing but a short, shimmering, silky looking robe. ?Oh! Jacen, I didn?t know it was you,? she remarked as she gripped the top of her robe together. ?Um, I, uh, just got out of the shower.? She averted her eyes and looked nervously around the room, but Jacen could only stare straight ahead--- at her. ?I guess you can come on in. Give me just a second and I?ll be presentable,? she called over her shoulder as she trotted back to the refresher.

She continued talking to him from the other room, but Jacen was still standing in the doorway dumbstruck, two cups of stimcaf growing colder by the minute. Finally, he snapped out of it and walked inside her room. He quickly found a place to set the hot drinks down and wiped a few beads of sweat from his forehead. Surely, the caf hadn?t been that hot.

Soon enough she returned, to Jacen?s dismay, fully clothed. Her hair was pulled back into a long braid and she wore a big smile on her face.

?Well, good morning!? she declared. ?You?re up and about early today.?

?I, uh, brought you some stimcaf,? he stated, pointing to the lukewarm cups of liquid sitting on a shelf, ?only it might not be so hot anymore.?

She laughed. ?Oh, that?s okay. I don?t think I need it anyway. I slept great last night! How about you?? She was way too perky.

?So-so,? he replied. It figured that she had gotten plenty of sleep while he had been lying in bed staring wide-eyed at the ceiling. Fate was a fickle master, he mused.

?But bringing you a cup of stimcaf was not my only reason for stopping by. I, uh, came to apologize for my behavior yesterday and to offer you a peace offering.?

Danni stepped closer and touched his arm. ?You don?t have to apologize. We already figured this out last night. It?s over now, and you don?t have to give me anything.?

?I don?t have to do anything, but I want to anyway. I promised I?d give you some saber lessons, and I thought we might have our first one before we head back over to the Widowmaker later. What do you say??

He didn?t think it was possible for her face to look more radiant than it already did, but somehow it happened. She jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. ?I?d say that sounds wonderful!? Stepping back she held out her hand for him to take. ?Lead the way, Master,? she joked.

He looped her arm through his and patted her hand. ?Master, huh? I could get used to hearing you say that,? he winked and then wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.

?Oh, yeah?? she added, a glimmer of mischief in her twinkling green eyes. ?Well, teach me something good and you might be hearing it more often.?

Jacen laughed out loud. This should prove to be an
  8. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    New post! Yay!! :)

Chapter 7?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danni sped through the corridors of the Jade Shadow in a hurry to create a safe distance between herself and Jacen Solo. After the kiss they had just shared in his quarters, her mind was?to put it lightly?rather scattered, and she needed time away from him to gather them back together.

And what a kiss it had been!

It might have been a bit awkward at the start; their noses bumping and getting into the way, but neither of them had much experience in the kissing department. Soon enough though, their lips had figured out the details, and if Luke hadn?t commed when he did, Danni might never have stopped kissing Jacen.

That thought worried her. Never had she been so overwhelmed by someone like she had just been by Jacen. When he had pulled her in more closely and deepened the kiss, she could feel her walls crumbling?her resistance diminishing, and she hadn?t cared in the least. The loss of control had been exhilarating?a brand new experience all the way around. ?What were you thinking!? she scolded herself as she recalled telling him about the ?touching? research, which had somehow ended up with her in his arms.

What had urged her to do such a silly thing?

Maybe it was because she?d been exposed to his fully matured masculinity all morning as he patiently tried to teach her to use a lightsaber. He did look awfully appealing in his sleeveless training shirt, she rationalized. Or maybe it was his silly sense of humor. He?d been trying to during the whole trip to get her to laugh whenever he had the opportunity, and while his jokes were usually quite lame, she still found him very attractive. Perhaps, though, it was how sweetly he had tucked her in the night before after carrying her all the way from the Imperial ship to her room. For all that he?d been through, Jacen Solo still retained a positive outlook on life. The childlike faith that he still held onto called to her very soul. His really strong arms and handsome face didn?t hurt either, she mused.

She shook her head to clear it of such ridiculous nonsense. If she admitted that Jacen was now a man, then she?d also have to admit that she was attracted to him and that the two of them together was an actual possibility. Danni didn?t know if she was ready to take that step just yet.

?Being tied to a man only holds you back, Danni.? She still remembered her mother giving her ?the talk? as a young teenager. ?If you want to be a successful astrophysicist, focus only on your work--- not the boys.?

Over the years, Danni had taken her mother?s advice, despite the many suitors who had crossed her path. In fact, up until now it had been easy to put relationships on the back burner. Her studies, a career with Ex-Gal, and now her work with the Jedi against the Vong had kept her occupied, leaving her with no desire to pursue anything non-related to her duties. The plain truth was that until Jacen Solo, she had never met anyone who interested and intrigued her so much and now she was emotionally befuddled. For the first time in her life, she was wishing she had a little more experience when it came to men. Oh, sure, she could tell when they were interested, and she was a master at shutting them down --usually before they could even make a first move.

But now it was different. She wasn?t so sure she wanted to ?shut? Jacen down. Part of her?a huge part?wanted to pursue that option as far as it would go. Maybe it would go nowhere beyond that one kiss. ?But then, on the other hand,? she argued, ?it just might last a lifetime.? If the way he kissed her was any indication, they could find a lot to keep them busy for years to come.

?No woman worth her weight needs a man,? she kept hearing her mother say. 'Only women with no confidence or intelligence feel the desperate need to latch on to a male. You?re better off without them.?

Danni paused for a moment before entering the cockpit, mulling over her mo
  9. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooh! Postie! yay!

Good work, val. Love the way it's panning out! More soon, eh?
  10. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nice! :) I can't wait to find out what happens next!

I really enjoyed getting Danni's perspective on the kiss, you really did a good job getting in her head there. :)

Her mother may have thought she knew what she was talking about, but then her mother had never been kissed by Jacen Solo.

Is she sure about that? I can see the surprise ending of this story coming...

Jacen: Danni, I've kissed your mother!

Danni: Nooooo! That's impossible!

8-}

Of course, now that I've told you about it, Val's gonna change it. ;)

11. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post Val. :)

Nothing better than a hot blonde angry scientist. :p

OWLC
  12. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oooooooh, Danni is going to lay the smack down on Jacen! [face_devil] I can't wait until you post the part where she chews him out! :D

Jae Angel
  13. Nitro29 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Glad you posted when you did, Val. I was runnin' outta hair to lose ;)

Anyway, nice post. Can't wait to see the little talk Jacen's going to recieve.
  14. mrslush50 Jedi Master

star 4
    "Nothing better than an hot blonde angry scientist."

ROFL [face_laugh]
  15. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm working on the next post now. Danni's usually pretty mild, but.....
  16. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Danni's usually pretty mild, but.....

...in the next post she's gonna be extra spicy? ;) 8-}

I'm looking forward to the next post, Val!
  17. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Great post, Val. :)

Jacen: Danni, I've kissed your mother!

Danni: Nooooo! That's impossible!

[face_laugh] The people on these boards never cease to crack me up!

18. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got a new pic for Jacen. Tell me what you think. :)

Jacen Solo?
  19. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You know I think he just may do. He certainly looks hot ;) Darn you for getting me into this ;)
  20. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think I'd rather look at more pictures of possible Dannis, Val! ;)

Seriously, while I don't have much of a mental image of Jacen (I suppose I kinda see him looking like a younger version of Han, even if that doesn't go with the covers), that guy doesn't fit it for me. But if he works for you, that's good. :)

And, Val, did you have to link to a page that includes a picture of him with no shirt on? ;)

I don't want to see that!
  21. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    Up!!! And more please??

~Rogue
  22. stoat Jedi Padawan

That was really good. If there was still a Star Wars Adventure Journal, maybe it could be published. There really hasn't been enough material about Danni and this made up for a lot of what is missing.
  23. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! Thanks a lot, stoat! That's such a great compliment. :)
  24. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  25. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.