Beyond ~*~You Set Me Free~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by val solo, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Rogue11JS Jedi Master

star 4
    PAGE 2!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO GREAT KEEP IT UP!!!!

LOL! ! JACENS SO FUNNY!
  2. mrslush50 Jedi Master

star 4
    it's only page 2 for some people.
    what?.... oh right... sorry.. i forgot

UP!
  3. Rogue11JS Jedi Master

star 4
    I know but still...
    Why are you trying to get on my nerves HMMM??? J/K!!! :D
    Besides i was hoping for a new post...

UP!

4. mrslush50 Jedi Master

star 4
  5. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. mrslush50 Jedi Master

star 4
    *watches tumble weed tumble by...*

up!

hey val! give us another post, will ya?!
  7. Rogue11JS Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Uh, Val, would you mind giving us another post since you're updating your J/T fic? ;)
  9. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, guys! I haven't gotten to this one for a while. Now, I might have to change a few things since reading Refugee...

Soon!...
  10. Rogue11JS Jedi Master

star 4
    YEY NeW POSTIE SOON!!!!!!!
  11. JediMasterJaina FF President/CR Evansville, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I remember this one from ff.net!! I like it! And I'm not really a big Jacen/Danni shipper....Keep it up! I want an update!!

~Jedi Master Jaina
  12. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Val, I look forward to another post whenever you can get around to it! :)

And, Val, make sure to stop by the Danni fan club if you can. We're talking about Refugee more, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. ;)
  13. mrslush50 Jedi Master

star 4
    [chant]new post, new post, new post, new post, new post, new post, new post...[/chant]
  14. Nitro29 Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, sweet, wonderful, fabulous, great, prolific, marvelous, helpful, beautiful, Val.....can we please, please, please have another post?

~Rogue
  16. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
  17. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    working on the next post now ;)
  18. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the delay in adding to this story. After reading Refugee I got a bit sidetracked wondering if I should intertwine this story with that book. Anyway, here's the next part... mush alert!

The best thing about fighting... the making up! ;) :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were waiting at the hatch to the umbilical, ready to enter the tunnel as soon as Mara commed that the connections were secured. Jacen was nervous. Of course, he was anxious about using his newfound capabilities. It if didn?t work, they might all become captives or worse--- be killed.

However, he was more nervous about the fact that Danni hadn?t said more than a few words to him since they?d left the cockpit. Several possible explanations for her cold behavior played out in his mind. He preferred to think she was embarrassed and shy about the kiss they had shared and was uncertain of what to say or do now in his presence. The nagging thought that this was her way of giving him the ?brush off??again?was a possibility he chose not to give much play time, but like a bad rash, it kept popping back into his mind. Yet another explanation presented itself. Maybe she was simply nervous and afraid of what might happen if they failed.

His father was right. Women were nothing but trouble.

But just like Jacen knew Han Solo couldn?t live without Leia, he was beginning to feel equally as dependent when it came to Danni Quee. Every man needed a good woman. His father and uncle were proof of that. Only now was he starting to feel his own desire for such a gift in his life.

Taking a deep breath and bracing himself for rejection, he plunged head first into the unknown.

?Danni, is something wrong?? he asked apprehensively.

She clenched her jaw as she looked at him, forcing down the anger that had been simmering just below the surface during their brief walk to the connecting tunnel. If she said what was really on her mind, an irreparable breach would be forged between them, and despite her negative emotions toward him right now, she wasn?t ready to burn that bridge. She still had tender feelings for him. They were just buried beneath her seething rage at the moment.

Forcing a fake smile onto her face, she replied, ?No. Nothing?s wrong. I?m fine. You??

Jacen narrowed his gaze. It was painfully obvious that she was lying. He debated how to proceed. ?Are you? mad at me?? he asked. ?Because you seem angry.?

She continued to glare at him with that phony smile and it made him extremely uncomfortable.

?Angry?? she said a bit too innocently. ?At you? Why, whatever in the world would I be angry with you about, Jacen??

Something wasn?t right about this whole exchange, and Jacen wasn?t sure he was man enough to handle what he seemed to know was coming.

?Well, I?uh, I--,?

?Hatch,? she pointed out before stepping into the tunnel that would take them over to the Imperial ship. It had finally opened. He moved in behind her and wondered what to say next.

?Danni, if I?ve done something to upset you, please, just let me have it. I can?t deal with it if I don?t know what it is I?ve done.?

She refused to look at him, which only exasperated him more. He took a deep, cleansing breath and decided to go for it. ?It was the kiss, wasn?t it?? he asked, almost afraid of her answer. ?I shouldn?t have been so forward, I know. Just because we seem to be getting close and are good friends, and then you were talking about all of that negative touch-positive touch stuff, and my mind got all mixed up and my body just? Well, I mean, you told me a long time ago that we were just friends, and then I go and? and? and kiss you and ??

Danni had halted right in the middle of the tunnel as soon as he mentioned the kiss and then stood there listening to him rant on and on not knowing whether to laugh or cry? or smack his face. Instead she covered his mouth with her fingers.

?Stop,? she said softly. ?Stop talking.? He followed orders and ceased rambling but didn?t take his eyes from hers. ?It wasn?t the
  19. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's wonderful the control women have over men. ;)

Lovely mush and I don't even really like Jacen. You write him likeable.

Practice makes perfect.
  20. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    What a post!!! Glad that everything is good between them now!! And glad for the post!! Even though I don't like Danni, this is an awesome fic!

~Rogue
  21. Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Master

star 4
    *Brings out Mush Meter*

I think its broken. Too much mush. :p

OWLC
  22. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yay, a new post! :)

And what a post! Really great job, Val! It was totally worth the wait! I just really love this story!

Okay, got to stop using exclamation points...

But I was confused about one thing...

His father was right. Women were nothing but trouble.

Han Solo said that? I always attributed that quote to Will Smith (The Fresh Prince) and DJ Jazzy Jeff...

Oh wait...they were talking about girls not women. Big differece. ;)

23. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    That was the SWEETEST post..... I want me a Jacen!!! Can't wait for more!

Anna
  24. Arissa Force Ghost

star 4
    Great story val solo.

I´m not exactly a J/D shipper nor a J/Tk, but your story is very good and I enjoy it a lot. :)

He was quite proud to have, as his father put it, ?knocked her socks off?.

[face_laugh] that´s Han Solo [face_laugh]

Can´t wait for more :)

~Arissa
  25. 1230kevin Jedi Knight

star 1
    MORE PLEASE MORE OH MY G-D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.