main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You Take Romance--sequel to Under My Skin--J/J--COMPLETED 12/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Hello, this will be started tonight in honor of Arin_Atona, who was the mysterious reader murdered in the prequel to this story. He is 29 today.

::Several Vong masquered as the Beach Boys come out.::

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, INFIDEL
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEAD ARIN
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

2. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Welll.. Im Ready Im ready im ready

lets get it started hah lets get it started in here, lets get it started hah, lets get it started in here

dances out of thread ! eager for it now~

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, I'm scared already already already...

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "I don't get it."

It was such a rare thing for her husband to admit this glaringly obvious fact that Leia Organa Solo came to full alert the moment he uttered it.

"I think," she said breathlessly, after the shock had passed, "that we already knew that."

Han made a passable attempt to scowl at her, but instead directed his hostility at the collar of his shirt.

"Every time our kid gets into some kind of trouble, he or she comes back half-frozen and completely enamored," he grumbled.

"As opposed to their father who came back from a mission carbon-frozen and completely enamored," she reminded lightly. "Like father like child, I say."

He ignored the comment, tugging at the buttons with rather unnecessary violence. "Tahiri I could take," he mused. "She finally outgrew the barefoot thing, learned how to breathe between sentences, and is a good match for any Solo. A Fel, however, is going to be harder to choke down than your baked hikavma."

With her usual diplomatic patience, Leia crossed to the mirror and swatted his hands away, fastening the collar quickly before retreating to the closet.

"You will swallow it," she gritted, "if your tight collar permits, because you know you want your daughter to be happy."

"I want her to be happy," he countered. "I just don't want half-Imperial grandkids."

"Just as her parents probably don't want their son giving them Rebel scum for grandkids," she reminded, "but in the Galaxy's current state, I don't think avoiding that combination is possible. Everyone was on the wrong side of the war from a certain point of view."

He grumbled something about points of view, then unfastened the top button.

"Besides," she continued as she emerged from the closet, "you never seemed to mind Jagged Fel when he was blasting coralskippers off our backs or our daughter's."

"I also let Boba Fett come to the rescue that one time," he spat. "Doesn't mean I want to be Fett's father-in-law."

"You know it hasn't come to that," Leia sighed, pulling on a pair of low sling-back shoes, "and with your help it never will..."

"We can hope."

Her frown was deepening quickly into a scowl that she hoped would make some kind of impact as soon as he bothered to turn around.

"But with my help, we'll make sure she gets what she wants in life," she finished. "If that means letting a Fel into the family, I'll start inviting the Grand Admirals to the reception."
    "My guess is I'll survive until we're done with the appetizer," was the word of wisdom that Jag managed to impart the moment they stepped off the turbolift. "If I'm lucky, he'll have the blaster drawn before he opens the door."

She was fiddling with the collar of her high-necked dress, an article of clothing she'd donned very reluctantly, and eyeing the atrium at the end of the corridor. "I told you to..."

"Keep a little optimism?"

She nodded, hand dropping from her collar at the realization that her father was probably doing the same exact thing at the moment. "Exactly," she said in a puff of exasperated air.

"I'm trying," he grunted, offering his arm. "I just don't have much faith in your father's diplomatic patience."

"Me either," she murmured, threading her arm through his. "Me either."

They drew to a stop at the hostess' station, where a thoroughly vapid expression greeted them.

"Welcome to the 26th Hour," the buxom Twi'lek chirped. "Table for two?"

"We're with the Solos," Jaina explained tersely. "Have they..."

"I'll check."

A few moments of frantic typing later, she blinked. "They arrived twenty minutes ago," she informed them. "Would you like me to show you to their room?"

"Great," Jag growled as they approached. "A second chance at a first impression..."

"Or fiftieth..."

"And we show up fashionably late?"

She sighed. "You know my mother. 'Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable.'"

"But we're early," he protested.

"Only by ten minutes," she corrected. "I should have known."

They stopped and he turned,

5. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    ::Several Vong masquered as the Beach Boys come out.::

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEAD ARIN
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

At least they sing better than my family!

This is a really good start, and the characterizations are great!

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    This is a really great beginning, Ish! The characterizations are spot on, and the dialogue is hilarious! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

~LtJS @};-

7. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Yes, I think those Corellian's could use a drink or two.
    Poor Han doesn't want an Imperial son-in-law.
    If I were Jag, I would be worried about being frozen in carbonite.

Do you have any more ready to post?

*green_eyes*

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wonderful job! i want mores NOW~!

9. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    OOps, computer malfunction. Sorry about the double post.

*green_eyes*

10. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    "I don't get it."

It was such a rare thing for her husband to admit this glaringly obvious fact that Leia Organa Solo came to full alert the moment he uttered it.

"I think," she said breathlessly, after the shock had passed, "that we already knew that."

Han made a passable attempt to scowl at her, but instead directed his hostility at the collar of his shirt.

That opening was great, and so true! Can't wait for more.

11. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I'm lovin' it!!!!!!!!! (*pauses*) Hold on. Did I just violate some McDonald's Trademark policies??? :D Ok, so enough with the jokes. I loved it! Can't wait for more! ~*~Austyn

12. Rouge_JeDi_NuRse

Rouge_JeDi_NuRse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2004
    i don't know if i posted in any of your last fic but it was good and it worked out very well.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was wonderful!!! I read your last story after you completed it, but I did write a review for the J/J Index. It's on the third page.

Han and Jag were soooo funny!!!! Poor Jag. He's faced the Vong, nearly freezing to death during a snowstorm, almost getting killed by a man supposed to be his ally, and the thing he's most scared of is his girlfriend's father.

NYC

14. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    I feel for Jag, and he's not one of my favorite characters! Great work!

15. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    I must confess [face_blush] I lurked on Under My Skin, which I absolutely loved, BTW.

There were so many great parts, I could practically recopy the whole post, but I think this part was my absolute favorite:

They stopped and he turned, gazing earnestly and rather frighteningly into her eyes.

"What the Sith are you doing?" she hissed.

"I want the last thing I see before I die to be you, not your father's aim," he lamented. "A kiss before dying?"

She shoved him away playfully. "Be a man," she counseled. "I can't tell if you have more brains or courage right now, but they're both lacking."

Can't wait for more! :D

And hey, Happy Belated Birthday, Arin!

16. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    And hey, Happy Belated Birthday, Arin!

:D

17. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Loved it! I'll have to check out Under My Skin now as well.

18. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Awesome!! I'm so excited about this!

19. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    It's great so far. Can't wait to see more!! :D

20. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Yay! You started it! :D Good start, but I have one question.... more please? :p

-Vicster

21. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    YAY! You finally started it! :D (No, I wasn't impatient at all... [face_liarliar])

Han vs. Jag... Things could get very interesting for now... For some reason, I'm now envisioning Jag lying on the ground unconsious in a pool of blood... [face_worried]

"I want the last thing I see before I die to be you, not your father's aim," he lamented. "A kiss before dying?" AWW!!! [face_love] That's so sweet! [face_love]

And happy belated birthday to Arin! :D

22. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    "Every time our kid gets into some kind of trouble, he or she comes back half-frozen and completely enamored," he grumbled. [face_laugh] Ahhh, how true!

He ignored the comment, tugging at the buttons with rather unnecessary violence. "Tahiri I could take," he mused. "She finally outgrew the barefoot thing, learned how to breathe between sentences, and is a good match for any Solo. A Fel, however, is going to be harder to choke down than your baked hikavma." [face_laugh] The bit about Tahiri was great!!

"Besides," she continued as she emerged from the closet, "you never seemed to mind Jagged Fel when he was blasting coralskippers off our backs or our daughter's."

"I also let Boba Fett come to the rescue that one time," he spat. "Doesn't mean I want to be Fett's father-in-law."
    [face_laugh] ROTF!!!!!!

"Great," Jag growled as they approached. "A second chance at a first impression..."

"Or fiftieth..."

"And we show up fashionably late?"

She sighed. "You know my mother. 'Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable.'"

"But we're early," he protested.
    LOL, this is gonna get real interesting real quick, huh?

"I want the last thing I see before I die to be you, not your father's aim," he lamented. "A kiss before dying?" [face_laugh] ROTF! But she won't aquiesce to his request? [face_pout] I would have - and then some ;) 8-}

"Must be outgrowing," she agreed. "You never get old."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," he praised with a wink.
    [face_laugh] Good line, Jaina!

Excellent beginning, Ish! I'm envisioning the 'dinner-with-the-family-scene from Shrek 2' - rotf! Perhaps Jag is regretting pursuing Jaina so relentlessly, hm? ;) I love it! Can't wait for more!

23. Smily-faced_Abi

Smily-faced_Abi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2004
    great story! i love it when Han gets protective over Jaina! :)
    can you put a link to Under My Skin?

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was seriously tempted to put in that thing about "And naturally the children..." Coughcoughhack spoon clatters "It's a little early to be talking about that." "Indeed, I just started EATING!" in there. Shrek2 reminded me very strongly of my experience with my husband trying to win over my dad.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Wisely, Jaina thought, they had foregone the option of ordering drinks.

She had recognized early on in life that having those closest to her live their lives in a state of near-constant warfare would not be easy, nor would her own journey as a warrior, but she had never thought this would endanger her love life to an extent.

She'd seen both men face down enemies that had frankly frightened her half to death, had faced many of those same enemies, but hadn't expected them to adapt that warrior hostility to this situation.

Mother, always the diplomat, always conscious of the threats in the situation, but wise enough to put them on the back-burner, was making a passable attempt at normal conversation.

"I managed to get the basics out of my evasive daughter when she returned," Mother was saying with a smile over the rim of her waterglass. "Something about you, a well-planned escape gone wrong, and thirty kilometers in a snowstorm."

"A slight exaggeration," Jaina corrected. "We got captured before we could make it thirty kilometers and the snowstorm didn't start immediately."

"Still," Mother interrupted, "we Solo women have a knack for attracting unlikely rescuers."

"I'm flattered by the comparison," Jag admitted, raising Jaina's hand to brush her knuckles lightly with his lips. "And as I've told her a few dozen times, I'll keep being her unlikely rescuer as many times as she needs it."

Mother's hand curled around Dad's, more to move his hand away from the utensils than out of a gesture of affection. "I'm glad to hear it," she said approvingly. "I'm sure Han feels the same..."

Dad grumbled something unintelligible and probably profane and there was a vague thud as she stepped pointedly on his instep with the narrow heel of her shoe. He straightened immediately, shooting an accusatory glance in her direction before yanking his hand away.

"I did what General Darklighter ordered," Jag said modestly. "There were four pilots down and we managed to extract two before one of my team decided the rest of us were dead. The enemies on our tail didn't hold the same opinion, so they kept up the chase until we managed to go to ground in a cave.

"I had to do some field treatment on your daughter, since her getting shot was what gave our team the impression she was dead in the first place. She rested for a couple of days until she could get moving again, then we started the trek to the outpost. The snow slowed us down and for a while, I was afraid we'd both freeze to death, but we had the pleasant misfortune of getting captured first. Our own rescuer turned out to be a double agent..."

"As usual," Mother laughed. "This sort of mission makes it sound like Jaina takes more after me than I thought."

"We can hope so," he retorted, drawing a stifled snort from Dad.

"Or Luke," Jaina added. "It reminded me of that crazy escapade on Nirauan."

Mother rolled her eyes. "Force help us," she sighed. "At least you didn't come back with a wedding date with the person who had a lifetime dream of being your personal assassin."

A pang of guilty anguish shot along Jaina's nerves at the memory of that particular assassin that had been almost more of a mother than the woman who sat here teasing her memory.

"Jaina managed to dispose of him before he could kill us," he finished, "and we managed to get out alive anyway."

"Admirable," Mother praised.

He shrugged, despite a slight flush that came to his cheeks. "I would have done the same for any of my unit members," he countered. "I doubt I'd have enjoyed it half as much, though."

"Well, have you decided on a course of action?" Mother pressed.

"They're reforming the wing," Jaina explained quickly. "Rogue's heading up a training wing, so I put in a request for Jag's squadron to fill the vacancy."

"A wise course of action," Mother mused. "Being stationed halfway across the known regions from each other wouln't help much and when the children come, you'll want to..."

There was a twin set of rasping coughs from either end of th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.