main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends You Take Romance--sequel to Under My Skin--J/J--COMPLETED 12/1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    I think your brain took vacation with JG15's spelling. Yours returned, though. ...Or did it? :p I'm never quite sure where my brain is.

I've never paid more than 90 for anything except my 600-dollar wedding gown. Well, I think everything is so expensive because everyone goes shopping at the bridal shop places. (Obviously not for a wedding dress, but for the formal other stuff.) So I just stay out of it, and if it's something I'm forced to go to like Awards Night or some other idiotic function, I get my dress on clearance at J.C.Penney's the night before for about $20.

Feel free to mention awesomeness as many times as humanly possible. Awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness, awesomeness...

*Runs out of breath.*

Part 2 will end before December, but part 3 has scariness. Is there any way to make some kind of time machine or something so that November never ends? Or a Merlin-living backwards kind of thing? ;)

2. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm a little short on time today (take one lousy day off work . . . [face_frustrated]) so I guess I'll just sum up my reaction to the post in just one word . . .

Awww! [face_love]

Seriously, great post! :D

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    I'm 24 now
    Happy Twenty-Four!

11:30 isn't late
    Well, it seems like it when you still have three hours of homework to do, and have to get up for school by 6:30am, giving you about four hours of sleep, and you're at rehearsal from 4:00 onwards... :p

and go running somewhere for scenery
    Oh, I do. I have a couple loops that I can do. I usually stick with the 2.5 mile one, but lately it seems like I keep on injuring myself when I run. Twisted ankles, scraped knees, nearly tripping in front of a truck (No joke! :eek: :p ).

Be scared for part 3
    I'm just going to be clueless and pretend that I didn't see that 8-}

That long list for Jaina is about half the size that mine was
    :eek: Wow. Your list must have been really long!

Sweet Han.
    He always seems to be [face_love]

Looking forward to the next post! [:D]

~LtJS @};-

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Will respond to those TPCSP (asap in spanish) after I post, but I'm working on a post for tonight.

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "I can't say it's good to be back," Jaina commented, "because my mother hates it when I lie."

Jag inhaled deeply, struggling not to choke on the fumes that he was forcing into his lungs, and smirked. "What, you're not a fan of industrial decay and a nightlife that would scare Shimrra?"

"I had enough of that slumming with the Vong," she snorted.

"To say nothing of what you smell like after a few days in blorash jelly," he reminded.

"Oh, come on," she teased, slugging him playfully on the arm. "You put up with my unique stench through that whole blizzard mess."

"Only because I wasn't a designer perfume myself," he countered. "I might have reported you to the Health and Hygiene Commission otherwise."

Before she could fire off a suitable retort, he retrieved his commlink and brought it to his mouth. "Control, any chance we could get an ETA on the Terror?"

"We'd give you one if they weren't too close to calculate it in minutes," the controller said in a flat, bored voice. "You'll be able to see them by the time I finish my sentence."

Sure enough, the sleek shuttle was making a graceful descent through the morning air. Its name was incongruous with its appearance, since it should have been named for something like a bird or some aquatic creature, but there was a reason for that as well.

"My dear younger brother," Jaina pronounced, "has been hitching rides with me since I could see over the steering yoke. Uncle Luke and I thought that it was high time that he find an alternative form of transportation. We got him a nice, family-sized monstrosity so he can cart around the many children those two will produce."

Jacen managed to restrain a grin as he embraced her. "You know me too well," he whispered by way of gratitude and wry recognition.

"If only you knew me well enough to suspect something," she sighed. "There's a catch."

"A catch," Tahiri repeated. "It doesn't speak Ewok, does it?"

"No."

"It's not a captured worldship?" Jacen guessed.

"Tempting, but no."

"Then what could be the catch?"

She reached into her satchel, drawing out three datacards for blueprints, registration, and access codes.

"We've had it registered permanently," she explained, "under a name of our choosing and you can only have it if you agree to the rather fitting title."

His jaw worked slowly, but he apparently came to the conclusion that she had enough of Jedi compassion to avoid something to humiliate him through all eternity.

"All right," he sighed, "what is so fitting about it?"

"We dubbed it the
    Twin Terror."

"You're thinking about the naming," Jacen observed, having appeared without her notice. "I can tell by the unrestrainable smirk on your face."

"You know me too well," she mimicked the memory.

"Don't worry," he grinned, reaching up to cup her cheek affectionately. "Me and the Solocicle are returning the favor."

You wouldn't dare.

She left that thought unanswered, pushing past him to wrap Tahiri in a welcoming embrace.

"I think you need to maintain harsher discipline with this boy," she advised solemnly. "He's on the verge of being less mature than your unborn children."

"He crossed that line years ago," she teased, sending a wink in her husband's direction. "I'm working on rehabilitation."

"Good thinking," Jaina grinned. "How are things?"

Immediately, she shifted from long-suffering wife to impatient pregnant lady, throwing her spine into an exaggerated curve so the mound of life between them seemed even more gigantic.

"If you ignore the fact that I might not be able to fit into anything by the day you get married," she groused, "or the smashball that's taken up permanent residence on my bladder, they're going well. If you don't like that answer, ask me in fifteen seconds and my mood swings will give you what you want."

"And you've got another few weeks to enjoy it," Jaina laughed.

"Right."

She drew Jaina into a side embrace, turning her so they could leave the landing pad.

"I don't think I've met your

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I know, I know, pretty short post, but I'm sore right now from a car accident on Saturday and I need sleep to get the craziness of monday night's post right.

7. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Revenge of the Solocicle...

Nice interaction between brother and sister. I like the little prank with the ship naming.

8. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    They did it to my sister when she got our dog. That's how my grandmother ended up naming our shetland sheepdog Brittany.

9. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Twin Terror[/i[] Lol

10. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    Another great post! :D

"We'd give you one if they weren't too close to calculate it in minutes," the controller said in a flat, bored voice. "You'll be able to see them by the time I finish my sentence."

[face_laugh] I'm not sure exactly why, but that really cracked me up.

"If you ignore the fact that I might not be able to fit into anything by the day you get married," she groused, "or the smashball that's taken up permanent residence on my bladder, they're going well. If you don't like that answer, ask me in fifteen seconds and my mood swings will give you what you want."

Descriptions like that make me secretly thankful that my son was in such a hurry to get born that I never got to experience joys such as that.

Looking forward to more! :D

EDITS: markup codes [face_frustrated] :mad: I give up. It looks right when I preview the post, but not in the post itself.

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL. Personally, I'm not talking about pregnancy from any personal experience except being around my older sister a lot when she was about to have my nephew. And a lot of my older friends are a good resource. I liked the controller, too. Kinda droll and obvious and cute.

12. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Great funny post. [face_laugh]
    Twin Terror and Solocicle are perfect names for their ships.

*green_eyes*

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Great post, Ish!

Twin Terror [face_laugh] Solocide [face_laugh]

I'm looking forward to more, and I hope you're okay from your accident! *huggles*

~LtJS @};-

14. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Who's Tahir marrying? I'm being to stupid to remeber anything.

15. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awesum job ISHY! MEH LOVEYS! LOL great!

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    JS59. Tahiri's already married to Jacen and 7 months pregnant with twins. This is detailed slightly in Under My Skin.

17. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I like this story. It is very cute and I love how you write Luke. I'm not sure why it popped out at me, but it did. Although I am very sad that you have taken his Mara away. :( She is beginning to be one of my favorite characters. Anyway, good job so far.

THIS is my favorite line from the newest post (speaking of which I like Tahiri and Jacen together since she obviously can't be with Anakin).
    If you don't like that answer, ask me in fifteen seconds and my mood swings will give you what you want."

I hope to see more soon!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Jaina awoke the day before her wedding with a splitting headache and the strong desire to shoot the first person who mentioned her to-do list.

It was a shock to find it almost midday and no one had commed to drag her out of bed at an unholy hour.

That, of course, was explained by the disconnected comm unit. Frowning, she retrieved her commlink and dialed to her comm channel.

"This is Jaina's comm unit," Jag intoned solemnly. "She doesn't need her beauty rest, but she does need a rest more than she needs fifty comms today. If you're her parents, you can do without her for a few hours. If you're her future in-laws, go bother your son instead. If you're a guest, she'll be happy to see you tomorrow, so leave her alone today. If you're an assassin, she's not where you think she is. Go look for her in some volcano. Leave a message at the beep if you have a suicidal urge."

Rolling onto her back, she thumbed off the commlink. I knew I loved that flyboy for a reason.

Unfortunately, she probably had to suffer a few of those calls, anyway, so she got out of bed and reconnected the comm.

There were thirteen messages and seventy-five additional calls received. Eighty-eight calls that she would have fielded without bothering to wake up and ignore.

I definitely know I love him for a reason.

The first four were from her mother in varying states of panic over minor details. Four were from Jacen, wondering when she was going to get her lazy self out of bed and let him know what the plans were for tonight. Two were from Uncle Luke, wondering if he could impose on her for a last uncle-niece outing at the Swooning Bantha. Two were confirmation calls from the Daqu, where the twins and accomplices had reservations at 1900.

The last, however, was from Luke's comm code, but unidentified. She wandered into the kitchen to grab a blumfruit before retrieving that one, then settled into the repulsorchair at her comm console, knees drawn to her chest as she munched and called up the audio message.

She was not chewing anything at the time it began, which was fortunate since she would have choked to death.

"Sorry to bother you," Mara sighed, "but I've been having this feeling that I need to put some words onto recording in case I'm not there the day you finally get married. I hope Luke will never get around to sending this. I hope he'll laugh at me as we're waiting for you to say you're vows because I'll have been fatalistic. But I'll feel better if I know that you will at least have been bothered by my endless lecturing one last time if I'm right."

The blumfruit fell unnoticed from her hand as Mara paused, allowing enough time for her headstrong apprentice to dissolve into tears.

"I don't want you to miss me," Mara continued. "Your mother will do enough of that, since she'll feel like she won't have the best words to prepare you for this next chapter in your life. The truth is, there are no 'best words' prescribed by the fates. There's only what's in our hearts, so I'm going to give you that.

"I know your good judgment, Jaya dearest, so I won't say I hope you found someone who treats you right or loves you dearly. I won't tell you that it's not too late to back out because I've never known you to back out and now that you've found what I've been hoping for on your behalf since I started to see parts of myself in you. I'll just tell you to never be afraid to love and not be afraid to let yourself get hurt sometimes. It's the only way, sometimes, that you can find compromise.

"I probably don't know the luckiest man ever born, though I occasionally hope that this recording is for the day when you and that Fel confirm that you've come to your senses. I probably am somewhere in the Force, cheering you on no matter who it is, but I want you to look into his eyes while you're promising him every one of your happily-ever-afters. I want you to look there and read his heart with the many gifts the Force has given to you and whenever you feel lost or alone, remember what you saw t

19. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    *sniff* Weddings always make my allergies go nuts.

Wasn't Jag just a sweetheart for arranging for Jaina to sleep in? I hope he gets well-rewarded.

Dangit... YOU KILLED MARA!!!

At least the ceremony was nice.

And that line about the barefoot kids tatooing themselves and dismantling Artoo... *sigh* priceless!

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "A wedding! I love weddings! Drinks for everyone!"

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Upping until everyone gets home from school...

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    :_| [face_love] :_| [face_love] :_| [face_love] :_| [face_love]

That was beautiful, emotional, and absolutely perfect, Ish! Great job!

"This is Jaina's comm unit," Jag intoned solemnly. "She doesn't need her beauty rest, but she does need a rest more than she needs fifty comms today. If you're her parents, you can do without her for a few hours. If you're her future in-laws, go bother your son instead. If you're a guest, she'll be happy to see you tomorrow, so leave her alone today. If you're an assassin, she's not where you think she is. Go look for her in some volcano. Leave a message at the beep if you have a suicidal urge."

Rolling onto her back, she thumbed off the commlink. I knew I loved that flyboy for a reason.

AWWWWW! :D

There were thirteen messages and seventy-five additional calls received. Eighty-eight calls that she would have fielded without bothering to wake up and ignore.

I definitely know I love him for a reason.

LOL [face_laugh]

"I love you," her aunt concluded. "I don't know if I'm important enough to watch over you, but what remains of me will always want to contribute to the comforting love of the Force that will be with you, always."
    :_| :D

The first day of forever dawned warm and clear with a light wind from the southeast wafting the scent of industry through her open window.

Typical, Solo, you're happy if you wake up smelling everything you'd find in a maintenance bay.

LOL [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

He glanced over at Jacen, found him fixating on something unseen, but apparently pleasant.

"Jedi stuff," Han grunted. "He's probably envisioning the day when he can corrupt your children."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great job, Ish! *hugs*

~LtJS @};-

23. Jags_Scoundrel

Nov 12, 2003
    :_| ** sniffles ** Weddings . . . you know.

What a perfectly beautiful ending! [face_love] :)

Great job, Ish! :D

24. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great post!

25. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    A very beautiful wedding, and ending.

I was all choked up at Mara's message. :_|

Jag was so smart and sweet to turn off her comm unit and leave that message.

I'm so sad to see it end. :(
    But happy with the great ending. :D

*green_eyes*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.