main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You think I could still go?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    My parents seem willing. So that's not a prob. But you think I can get the tickets, transportation, etc in time...? (For I am Cecil, King of Procrastinators, all other Procrastinators must bow before me)

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Sure, but I wouldn't wait much longer.

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Yeah, I had gathered that... I sensed that this was the time... It was the will of the Force. :D

4. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, there will be C2 tickets at the door, that is not be an issue. However, hotel rooms are very scarce, you would have to stay well beyond walking distance from the convention center. Also, you are now beyond the 21 advance purchase window that most airlines use. Buying an airline ticket now would be likely pricey, unless you are lucky enough to live in a city that Southwest Airlines flies to Indianapolis from, they have a 7 day advance purchase window. They might have some reasonable fares left.

It would be hard, but it could still be done, depending on your finances and flexibility. Best of luck.

DJP

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Probably. If you're within driving range, then that's an added bonus. Check at orbitz.com, expedia.com, or one of a number of other sites that can help with hotels. You're probably not going to be able to find a hotel within walking distance of the Center, unless you shell out $200+ per night. Since your parents are being nice and letting you go, I don't think you should ask for one of these hotel rooms. There are other hotels within 15 miles that I think still have vacancy.

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I just ordered my passes online yesterday, which I will pick up there. As for hotels, I was able to book a room in the Holiday Inn 6 miles away (for a very reasonable price). As queen of procrastinators, I say it is never too late for anything!! Go for it- and good luck!

7. CRIMSONGUARDS4ME

CRIMSONGUARDS4ME Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2002
    Northwest has cheap air fares now. We got R/T from JAX, Fla to IND for 250.00 for both of us. We have a suite at the Embassy, 2 blocks away and our friend backed out at the last min, so if you can't find a place to stay, let us know. We have plenty of room. No Ewoks, please.

8. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Poodles, you better go, or you probably won't end up getting a Jorg Sacul figure.

Read my PM to see why. :D

Plus, I gotta meet you.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    "It will be a hard life..."

I'm gonna tryt to make it...

10. 3rdamention

3rdamention Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Listen. Tickets will be there to buy. That is not a problem.

I live in Indianapolis.

Look for Hotels that are either on the Southside of Indy or the West side. Such as Rockville Road, or South US 31. There are hotels there and you are only 20 minutes away. Use the $$$ you save on a Taxi downtown in the morning and one for the way home.

YOu can walk anywhere you want while downtown. Including all hotspots, bars, malls, etc. Indianapolis is very impressive and has a ton to offer.

11. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Will I be able to buy them on the second day? I think if I go, that's the one day we will be there... So Sithy we'll have to set up to meet somewhere...

Any more hotel suggestions? Right now my parents are in the "Thinking about it stage". Hopefully the ysay yes. I'm within 8 or 9 hours of Indianapolis... We'll probably be driving.

12. zathraaas

zathraaas Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    Yes, tickets will be available each day. Hope you get to make it!

13. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    Between planes, hotels, and tickets, I got my entire five day trip planned in about four hours. It took that long to browse all the hotels, decide which is best, closest, and cheapest, enter my credit card, go to the next one, get a plane ticket, etc etc. The tickets arrived within four days. You've got plenty of time, so I would go for it if i were you!

14. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    How much would ya charge to stay in that room there, Crimson? I would need for Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night.

Lemme know.

Thanks.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Damn, I hope I can go. I'll probably be driving, so I don't need to worry about that.

It'll probably be my mom and me, and possibly my dad (he just got a new job, and has to be there). Possibly my cousin The_Chim, but I don't know.

Myn, thanks for the info, I feel a lot better...

I wanna go!

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    All Hail the King and Queen of Procrastination!!

...tomorrow

-Dex1138

17. CRIMSONGUARDS4ME

CRIMSONGUARDS4ME Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2002
    our room is a 2 room suite, private b-room and a couch that makes a bed. microwave and chiller. free Breakfast and happy hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.