main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Black Widow's line isn't a problem- I doubt they knew/remembered the exact date of his house arrest ending, given that they had been on the run overseas for the past couple years. She was also speaking plurally about Scott and Clint, so perhaps Clint's hadn't yet expired.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Thank goodness. Where were they hiding?

4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Not gonna create a thread for this but instead just post it to the two major CB threads here but if you've ever seen Collider Heroes then you should know who Jon Schnepp is. He's the show's host and a major fan of both of the main banners of the comic book world. He had taken ill a few days ago and is currently unconscious in a hospital in LA and in critical condition. Just wanted to let others know that one of the people who shares and tries to spread the love for guys and girls in capes and colorful tights is in a bad way. Here's to hoping he pulls through.

5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    ^ Jon Schnepp is a wonderful human being. I met him a few times at several conventions and he was always friendly. I remember talking with him for awhile about his documentary "The Death of Superman Lives. What Happened!" during production and he just got back from London where he had an interview with Tim Burton. Schnepp was so excited that he finally had the opportunity to interview Burton and include him in his documentary. He showed me pictures of costume designs and prototypes for Burton's Superman Lives. I had a great chat with him.

Much like Kevin Smith, Jon Schnepp has a passion for geek culture and has a wealth of knowledge regarding it. Additionally, he's able to speak on numerous aspects of the geek community in the most wonderful way that makes you feel like that he's a buddy of yours.

His wife posted on social media that he's in critical condition and is being monitored in ICU, but no other updates for awhile.

I hope Schnepp returns to full health very soon as he provides so many hours of geeky goodness on Collider Heroes on YouTube and a pillar of the geek community. My thoughts and prayers did go out to him.

Here's a photo with me and Schnepp at the 2014 WonderCon, where he and I had that long conversation about his trip to London and his interview with Tim Burton and so much Superman talk.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    oh gosh no. that is terrible news - big fan of jon schnepp in general. larger-than-life personality, genuine, and funny.

hope he gets well soon and fully.

7. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I like him a lot. After catching up on all 19 MCU movies I got bored. I watched his discuss the DCEU movies to figure out what is wrong with the other franchise. I found his changing his reviews of BvS after he watched the Ultimate Edition and of Suicide Squad well reasoned enough to watch these movies. Turns out I loved both movies. His criticism of WB for butchering movies was passionate. So now I follow Heroes in addition to Jedi Council.

I hope he has a speedy recovery. To be honest, he needs to lose a lot of weight (me too). Maybe Kevin Smith can help him out.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    He suffered a “catastrophic stroke.” I do hope he can have a speedy, full recovery. Good news is he went from unconscious to conscious.

In the second video he discusses the Snyder Cut and exec bonuses. Really insightful guy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  9. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

11. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    What does the orange Stone represent? I can't make out the logo?

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That's the MarVista Entertainment logo but whoever shopped that image didn't do their homework. MarVista is an independent studio that deals mainly with made for TV movies and direct-to-video fare. Maybe they meant to put the Buena Vista logo there, which Disney still distributes some of their movies under.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    heels1785 likes this.
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Really sucks, a talented guy.

Agree with dig, though, they're pretty awful.

Diggy likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Just remember, Rosanne was a witch hunt and only fired because she's a Trump supporter. So, obviously, James Gunn a noted Trump Critic is going to get a free pass ... oh, wait.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You'd think Disney would have known about this before they hired him.
    Surely they look into the background & behaviour of the people they want to hire to see if they fit in with the values of the company.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Well, he was hired 5 or 6 years ago? The amount of scrutiny such things get is changing rapidly. And who knows how much he tweets, these could be needles in a haystack.

I am surprised they took this long to come to light.

19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    It's understandable Disney missed them. He posted over 10,000 tweets. He should be fired for that reason alone.

Though, I guess that can be used as his defense too. When you post over 10,000 tweets just by chance alone you're going to end up making 10 or so pro-pedophile posts.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm torn here because I am pretty lenient when it comes to humor and jokes and I think it's pretty clear he was joking....plus they were all from years ago. I am fan of dark, horrible, jokes.....but I would never put them on social media, and these are pretty out there jokes. It's also a bit disturbing how they all are about pedophilia and rape. I get where Disney is coming from here but it's just disappointing, especially because of who dug up the tweets.

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    the remarks and quotes Roseann made were disgusting I would have fired her too if I was the head of ABC there is no place in this world for Racism there on the wrong side of history people that hate. If it was a joke fine but Rosann was not joking. Gunn on the other hand I am not sure I don't know enough about it I don't even know what he Tweeted or the context it was in.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that's the thing, really- he didn't hide this and actually apologized for them in 2012 and moved on. Then the alt-right, pro-rape, pedo-adjacent troll dug them up to put a new spotlight on them. They were still in bad taste, but there was clearly a false equivalency at play with them being positioned as jokes (the majority of them actually being attacks/responses to an actual pedophile, but even that context was misrepresented/ignored).

Jedi Merkurian and Alpha-Red like this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    nah

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Now the question is who replaces him? I think I would go with Ron Howard he proved he can come in and write the ship with Han Solo why not with Guardians Of The Galaxy?

25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Master_Lok and Diggy like this.