main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Is it the whole script, or only the scenes relevant to Nick Fury? I can't seem to find a definitive answer on-line.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    My question is, is it wise to steal from Samuel L. Jackson?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's like an exercise in endlessly recutting the same footage.

5. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Maybe there's an editing class somewhere where this was the assignment, and we're seeing each student's submission one by one.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rumor of Thanos in Avengers.

The suggestion seems kinda obvious given that a functional Infinity Gauntlet prop was made for Thor and appears in Odin's vault (as that would imply it was built as a connection to the in-pre-production-at-the-time Avengers), but just because the prop might have a role in Avengers, doesn't necessarily mean Thanos will, IMO.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Filed under didn't-see-that-one-coming -- Isaiah Mustafa, the Old Spice commercial guy, is campaigning to star as Luke Cage.

8. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Just saw First Class- my favourite superhero film yet.

Fassbender steals the show, but McAvoy comes close. I'd love to see a second film with these two leads.

9. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    First Class is getting rave reviews from legitimate critics. "5-star" this, "Incredible" that. I never woulda believed it, but there it is. :eek:

There goes another $30 at the movie theater! No way my wife and I are waiting for DVD on this one. :cool:

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm really glad this one is apparently going to be excellent. X2 was the best comicbook movie made prior to 2008 and the combination of X3 and the second half of Wolverine was just so awful and disappointing.

Though, considering the same director was going to do X3 originally, it's still kinda disspaointing that X3 might have been able to be as good as FC.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    They were a great double-act: smarmy and arrogant Xavier with sexy and dangerous Magneto - smart casting, they never come across as cut-price versions of the characters McKellan and Stewart played. McAvoy had good chemistry with Jennifer (Mystique) Lawrence too, I thought.

12. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Just saw First Class. Aptly titled - it's excellent.

It lacks the overall polish and consistency of Abrams Star Trek, which is a similar film in many ways, but it has scope, depth, drive, a bunch of superb performances (specifically McAvoy and Fassbender, as well as Bacon), and some really inventive moments, particularly the demise of Sebastian Shaw, which is handled in an extremely cinematic way.

Some letdowns would be that these kids are entirely anachronistic (apart from the world events and McAvoy saying "groovy" twice, nobody acts like they're really living in the 60s), and most of the score (although the Magneto theme is very good), but otherwise it's extremely impressive, especially considering that it was made in under a year. The cinematography isn't flash, but it's quite effective - some of the sequences towards the beginning really do look like an old-school Bond film, and another key sequence looks just like a horror film (and appropriately so).

This leaves me very excited for what Vaughn can now do, given the situation we have at the end of the film. When you're already genuinely looking forward to the sequel, you know you've been given a good ride.

Also, January Jones and Rose Byrne in lingerie. This is something that must happen more often in movies.

13. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I believe I read in an interview with Vaughn that he wasn't trying to recreate the 60s, but to capture the aesthetic of 60s comics. If that makes sense. And if I'm remembering correctly.

Haven't seen the film, but the score is weak. Imagine what John Barry could've done, or, more realistically, Michael Giacchino channeling Barry à la The Incredibles score. Or anyone, really, who could have written an period-appropriate, or at least evocative, score rather than a score that sounds exactly like so many others these days.

14. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Giacchino would have been perfect. Or, honestly, even John Ottman would be a step up from Jackman's work.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cap character posters:

[image=http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0014/6362/cap1.jpg] [image=http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0014/6365/cap2.jpg] [image=http://www.darkhorizons.com/assets/0014/6368/cap3.jpg]

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Thanos being in the movie would be a rather crazy leap. I doubt this is true. More likely to see Loki trying to seize the Gauntlet or something.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  18. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    And James Mangold has been announced as the director of The Wolverine.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    New Poster:

[image=http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2226/original/CapAmer.jpg]

New Trailer:

Yahoo Movies Link

Looks awesome!

"Heroes Are Made In America" [face_laugh]

20. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    As a non-American, I take great offense ...

:p

... but seriously, I like it. :)

21. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
  22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    That trailer is phenomenal. If the movie is half as good as those two minutes, I'll be impressed.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thor 2 Confirmed.

It's set for July 26th, 2013 (with Iron man 3 hitting May 3rd that summer). Hemsworth is locked to return, but Kenneth Branagh will not be directing this one.

24. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Fantastic. I'm really excited to see whether they can maintain the charm of these films while escalating the epic after The Avengers comes out.

25. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Sweet news! Though I'm disappointed Branagh won't return, he's certainly lent his style to the Thor milieu, and his successor(s) will have big shoes to fill.

Do you Thor fans feel that part 2 is too early to bring in Beta Ray Bill and the whole Surtur/Ragnarok angle that so electrified the comics world in the early mid-80s? That stuff was da bomb, and I'd love to see it realized on-screen.