main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I could be very excited if BC was Doctor Strange, but I'll admit that I'm pretty excited for him to play anyone, so I guess that's not really a nuanced opinion. I say "could be" because his name keep coming up with all sorts of things that would be awesome so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Tom Hardy would be pretty cool in that role too.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    What about Bob? Are you okay with Bob playing Doctor Strange?

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I am more than okay with Bob playing Doctor Strange, in fact I think Bob should play all of the remaining characters that come up in the Marvel Universe. Bob is so great that we would all totally buy him playing everyone! :D

I may start a campaign for this... Bob For Everyone!

EHT and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
  5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is the Netflix animated or live action?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He's white, that's racist, the Kingpin is black! Whitewashing a classic movie role because of "taking regard for the years and years he was a comic character" instead of paying homage to the one time he was in a movie!

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

'classic?'

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Live action I believe.

Diggy likes this.
  9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, it's one of five live-action series: Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and The Defenders.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    For some reason I thought they were animated, I think purely going from the fact they could get pricey and it's NetFlix. I need to get used to the new world order.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    It's going to be confusing with D'Onofrio playing Kingpin. My eyes are so used to him being Thor in the Marvel Universe. I guess I'll have to get used to it like Chris Evans switching to Cap.

Juliet316 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Nope. Live action is the plan and that they're going to have some ties to the films and "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D."

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Brilliant.

Also, if the miniseries Strange: Beginnings and Endings is translated, word for word and panel for panel into the Doctor Strange film, it could become my favorite film ever.

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I could see Cumberbatch as Dormammu and Hardy as Silver Dagger maybe. As far as story arcs, I thought the Oath was kinda *meh* and I'm pained to say I'm not familiar with Beginnings and Endings, at least not by name. Summary?

17. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Merk, have you seen Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes? . Of course it would take some minor tweaking character-wise, but he would make a solid Stephen Strange.. Much more focused than Star Trek. Cumberbatch's intensity in Sherlock's 2nd Season finale would translate rather well, especially since Scott Derrickson is the director. The main downside for Cumberbatch is over-exposure.

Has Dormammu ever been shown without his signature "head fire?" Otherwise you would just need an actor to stand-in for the CGI effects, and Dormammu's voice would be more important. I'd say Vin Diesel again, but that wouldn't work for obvious reasons, so maybe Dormammu's voice could be another job for Manu Bennett?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

It was a mini where Straczynski followed the original origin story of Strange, Ancient One, Mordo, Wong, etc. and basically polished the details and modernized the "gravity" of that journey. Some characters were slightly reimagined (in necessary fashion) such as Clea and the exact meeting of Stephen and Wong. But, overall, it is everything I love about Ditko & Everett eras of Strange Tales completely fleshed out and polished but still roughly 85% familiar.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Ah. Now I know why I didn't remember it. If I don't like something, I tend to put it out of mind.

20. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    Image-wise, decent translation for the cover above though:
    [​IMG]

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    OTOH though, Cumberbatch is rumored to up for a role in all the things!!!!

Penguinator and soitscometothis like this.
  22. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    and already slated for the sequel as well....

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    io9 ran this yesterday - the source is Latino Review, which publishes utter tripe most of the time.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's Whedon, I'm inclined to believe it.