main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    First official poster of The Wolverine
    [​IMG]

thesevegetables and VadersLaMent like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They've also confirmed the casting of Frank Grillo as Crossbones in The Winter Solider.

EDIT- Singer has been confirmed for Days of Future Past.

Also confirmed to be returning for Winter Solider: Bucky (obviously), Nick Fury, Black Widow and Maria Hill

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Been going through the different scores to the Avengers movies over the past month or two (Iron Man 1 is the only score I picked up during it's initial release). Still missing TIH but it's been nice to dig through the CD's.

Avengers is the highlight of the bunch by a long margin (not a surprise, since it has the most effective theme/fanfare of the bunch). Captain America's is solid, but it's theme gets a little repetitive in it's use (probably since the fanfare is likely intended to be shirt and serialistic). Some decent action music but not a lot stands out, but it's not ambient either.

Thor's is about what I expected- you can tell from the film what the highlight tracks are (mostly the Asgard tracks, interrogation and the Destroyer showdown). It's still in that "almost great but doesn't quite hit the super-memorable classic itch" category, though.

Iron Man 2 has been a huge surprise though- that score really is buried in that film's sound mix. I think the Monoco/Mark V scene is the only time the themes of this score are noticeable in the film. Although, oddly enough, probably the most noticeable piece of music in the film, the arrival of Rhodey in the Mark II at the Air Force Base, doesn't seem to be on the CD, at least upon my first couple skimmings (there are a lot of tracks to go through on that CD...).

The Iron Man 2 theme is surprisingly good, though- I still think people criminally underrate Iron Man 1's score (the Mark I & Driving With the Top Down themes/tracks in particular, as well as the music from Stark's return home) but the IM2 theme is a very acceptable substitute for the original themes- it shares enough with them that one could almost see it as an evolution of the earlier themes.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just thinking back, Incredible Hulk has a pretty good soundtrack. Don't know the track names, but the crisis at Culver has some good music, as does the final battle with the Abomination. Then of course the brief appearance of the theme from the Bill Bixby show, which was cool.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Two more agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    [​IMG]

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I wonder if any of the SHIELD agents from the Marvel One Shots will show up in the series. It'd be cool to see the Man in Black's agent again.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm curious if Sitwell will show up or not.

8. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    I disagree. I can't tell you the number of times I've caught myself humming "Sons of Odin" while at work.

The only score I dislike is Iron Man 2...I'm generally a fan John Debney, but IM2 came off stale....aka sounded too much like an early 90s action movie....compare IM2 to Total Recall.

I wish they would have brought Ramin Djawadi back.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I would have preferred he return as well, actually- hopefully further develop his original themes.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Details on Jamie Alexander's injury froma few months ago

"It was raining, it was dark outside, it was like five in the morning - and I went down a metal staircase, slipped, and slipped a disc in my thoracic spine and chipped eleven of my vertebrae. I knocked my left shoulder out of place and tore my rhomboid on my right side. It took me out of filming for a month. I'm walking in heels again though, so that's a good sign."

While the film's shooting schedule has been shifted around, it reportedly has not had an impact on her character Sif's screen time.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Newly Released Deleted Final Scene of Thor. (S.W.O.R.D.!!! They really knew they were going all-in for cosmic stories by then, didn't they?)

The Phase One set is back up for order with a different briefcase design. It will contain more deleted scenes from the films, like the above, which were from editor's assemblys taken out very early on (and, thus, were missed for the prior disc releases), as well as the Phase Two footage and concept art for Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc. T

here's also supposedly a "And Then Shawarma After" featurette as well as S.H.I.E.L.D. files on the characters (which will include some kind of nod to IM3 as well).

I wonder if they'll ever get around to A.R.M.O.R. now...

One of these days I need to edit together all these deleted scenes into a "Lost Avengers" movie...

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  13. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    :( I'm glad she's going to be okay. I'm looking forward to her and the Warriors Three.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nick Fury won't be back until The Winter Solider, according to SLJ.

(but, then, considering how last-minute they tend to film the post-credits scenes, I wouldn't rule the notion out).

Elsewhere, Whedon has turned in an outline for Avengers 2 to Marvel & Disney. Additionally, Disney has signed an exclusive deal with Netflix, so once it kikcs in in 2016, the deal means that Netflix will be the only outlet for Marvel movies on-demand/streaming.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Something I've just noticed about Avengers- watch the "I'm always angry" scene and it's preceding moments again. Has anyone else ever noticed that Stark vanishes for about 20 seconds before making his U-turn and firing the missile at the Leviathan?

Seriously, he does his flyby... and then vanishes. That implies he just keeps on going and going for 20 seconds, which, at Iron Man speed, would be, like, half of Manhattan.

I just picture Thor watching iron Man just keep flying away while Banner is doing his Hulk thing and thinking "Bringing the party to us, ha...he's...he's not coming back is he? That ****".[face_laugh]

The other alternative I can think of is he flies past camera, stops, takes some Lando-in-ESB-style Colt 45 background chill time, then hops up to turn around to fire the missile.

Or he just spins in a circle for 30 seconds going "wheee!". :p

16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'll have to watch it again for that. Even with all the repeat viewings my son and I have had since Christmas, that didn't jump out at me.

Interesting news about Disney, Marvel, and Netflix. And I agree about how great the Avengers' theme music is... it just has this epic feel to it.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's actually how I noticed the Stark vanishing thing- I had popped IM2 and Avengers in briefly to verify the use of some cues from the film scores because I'm putting together an Avengers-sampler themed CD to burn for car trips, featuring 4-5 tracks from each movie (with the tracks for each Mark being the through-line thread).

And, having listened to them so much now, Sons of Odin is catchy, I'll admit. I'm actually surprised at how hard it's been to narrow down IM2's score. "I am Iron Man" is obvious, and "Monaco Drive" is really fun, and the drone battle track is a good mix of stuff (but long). But then you've got Gun Show and Sledgehammer and Rhodey Puts on the Suit... it's harder than I thought it would be.

Ordered the 2 CD version of the TIH score so I can finish out the playlist, hopefully should have that in a day or two.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So did everyone here that the SHIELD tv show is definitely set post-Avengers? I wonder how they'll work Coulson being in it now.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He could still be in flashbacks, pre-recorded messages, a pre-Avengers prelude, etc.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Had not heard that. If it is definitely post Avengers, then Coulson lives. His character is the lead. I suppose they could make him an LMD but at this point it is much more likely that Fury lies, Coulson lives. I would love for the pilot to address this issue once and for all. Surely they can throw some money at Sam Jackson for a Nick Fury cameo.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't see them addressing it too deeply, if that's the case- just enough to let SHIELD's stories progress on their own. They'll want to save the big confront-Fury scene for one of the movies.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TCW Darth Maul style. He's just alive. :p

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    He's being remade into The Vision, duh.

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Doesn't have to be too deep. They could just extend that scene where Coulson finishes "something to.." and then show the medics actually worked on Coulson and kept him alive while Fury lied. Maybe a nice flashback. Coulson goes to his locker, pulls out a bloodstained card and flashes back. :p

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They should just not mention it at all.

"We made so much money we finally stopped giving a damn about continuity."