main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Yeah I'm old. Plus, my kids are both athletes and popular in school, so they don't have much of a need for comic book superheroes or video games, and aren't into the movies, so I just don't have an in. But I was really intrigued by Captain Marvel.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You'd probably like the newer comic, all things considered: a teenaged Muslim-American girl takes over the mantle as Ms. Marvel.

4. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    That I would like. Is she slightly overweight with small breasts mostly hidden under baggy clothing? I think that would be a good thing for comic books too.

5. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I think I saw the BP Easter egg in the Age of Ultron trailer that Kevin Feige was talking about. Right before the scene with Andy Serkis's character, you can see a bunch of tankers, and there seems to be a massive oil spill. That's the BP he was talking about, right?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Nope on the overweight part. She's a fairly normal looking teenage girl and...hey dude, Google her up! :p

7. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    so wikipedia says that captain marvel and Ms Marvel are not the same person. Does that mean that Ms Marvel gets her own movie too, or is she the one replacing Captain America, because replacing captain America with a Muslim American teenage girl seems like a step too far even for the marketing savvy of Disney

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I know but the thing is the "Skye / her dad / alien writing it's all really inhumans we haven't said it yet" plot seems to be ramping up on AoS to near critical mass, probably before the end of the first half of the season, are they gonna suddenly backburn it and hope the show stays on the air long enough until "Inhumans" comes out to pay it off or will they go their own way and the Inhumans movie will steamroll it and we'll get a recton MCU comic book? Or will it all actually synch up? Gasp! Hopefully!

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm going with Skye being Mantis, Quake, or Spider-woman. About 50% sure she's one of those three. 50% sure she's someone completely new.

Inhumans might tie into it... but they don't have too. If anything it just lays the foundation that aliens have experimented on humans already.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    You make me feel young, dude. Thank you.

That said, these movies are not coming out anytime soon and nobody knows jack **** about the plots. We can infer some things based on recent events in the comics. Captain America is not being replaced by a woman. If anything, they'll probably follow the Winter Soldier storyline and the fallout of Civil War will have Steve Rogers being replaced by Bucky (aka the dude with the metal arm that have Cap 2 its subtitle).

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty sure she won't be Spider-Woman, as I would imagine the character name is tied up with Sony's Spider-man rights.

12. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011

I agree and it's pretty dumb to me about the rights because Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew has nothing to do with Spider-Man besides the Spider in her name (although Marvel is including her as part of the Spider-Verse event which is interesting). I think Skye could be an inhuman.

13. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Marvel owns the rights to Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) they can use her in the MCU any time they want.

Ryus likes this.
  14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    For like the billionth time...Sony does not own the rights to Spider-Woman. She is completely unrelated to Spider-Man.
    [​IMG]

15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Well I've always figured Marvel had the rights to the character, but wasn't sure about the "Spider" part...like you can Jessica Drew but call her superhero name something else? Kinda like how Marvel has the rights to Miles Morales (I think?) but couldn't call him Spider-Man.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    that was in a video like 5 pages ago

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're in a video like five pages ago!

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Well, they might wrap up Skye's father before the season ends, but they'll have the build-up and then tie-in to "Age Of Ultron" to fall back on just like they did with "The Winter Soldier".

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, Feige did say the seeds for Inhumans have already been sown (or will be sown in the immediate Phase 3 titles)- so there is potentially other Inhuman-related content that the show could tie into if Skye is in fact Inhuman.

However, Nov 2018 would coincide with AOS season 6*... which seems like a lot, but given the special circumstances of AOS's perpetual corporate synergy status (it's basicly a weekly ad for Disney-owned productions which likely gives it a much greater liberty in the ratings department than a typical show), it doesn't seem all that implausible that they'd at least strive for the show to last until Infinity War is resolved.

Obviously ratings and other factors can derail that, but a worse case scenario is they could finish the Inhumans setup a season or two early and let the film contoinue that thread to bring it into the spotlight.

*Although if the AOS Season 5 finale was the series finale, those threads picking up that Nov would still track well and leave the show with a more typically sized genre run.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Like a shared universe is supposed to be. :p

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I wasn't complaining!

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I think this was either known, or highly suspected, given that supposedly we're also going to see Carter, Stark and Pym in the same room as a part of the early SHIELD days...

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, it was the same report that first mentioned a human Edwin Jarvis.