main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I assume that would be the same set.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    All you need to know about Patsy Walker is that she was a romance comic character...

[​IMG]

...who, as soon as romance comics stopped selling, was turned into a superheroine called Hellcat and later married the Son of Satan. Because comics.

There are some recent comics that have fun exploring the very weird origin of Hellcat.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    What the heck are you talking about? Someone mentioned Batroc and I immediately thought of a funny cover with him on it so I posted it here.

Not sure why anyone is seeing any underlying comment in a ridiculous (even by comic book standards) cover from 25 years ago....

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Sorry for assuming that when you are quoting me you are replying to me.

5. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    No problem

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The Avengers AoU superbowl ad is online if anyone is interested. Me? I'm sold on the flick already, don't need more marketing. Day one, sold already. If I catch it during the game, hey, that's cool.

But what I'm really excited for is seeing Rachel Taylor in something because good golly that woman is attractive, and I dug more than a few of her line deliveries in Transformers ("Nokia is from Finland...). She's had the unfortunate luck of being cast in pretty much direct-to-cancelled or fired roles for the past 8 years, so, yay, more Rachel Taylor in something!

7. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Shame they aren't doing a real superbowl trailer. Was hoping we'd get a big one with new footage and some stuff of the Vision

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    We don't need anymore footage. By now you know if you want to see the movie or not, why spoil every scene? I'd like a few surprises.

9. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I really hope they sneak a Daredevil trailer into the superbowl. We really need to get a good look at that. It comes out in 2 months.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This is my thought and thus I did not watch the Super Bowl spot. I really don't want to see anymore footage of Age of Ultron, as I don't want the film to be spoiled like the original Avenger flick when TV spots and trailers showed the Hulk catching a falling Iron Man. I'm going to try my hardest to avoid any future footage.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Personally, I hate going to a movie where I don't know the whole movie before going in. I hate being surprised. Prefer to watch the movie then waste time processing surprises.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have a feeling that nothing of what we've seen in any trailer, teaser or commercial has anything from the third-act of the film in it. I'd even be willing to bet that the scene from the trailer of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch with Ultron (looking horrified) is the latest scene we see.

I'd be willing to bet that Hulk / Hulkbuster is the midway point of the film...

13. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I dunno, part of me thinks the fight scene in that church looking place is the final fight

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Marvel: Yeah, we have lots of actors you like. Your welcome.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Jessica Jones definitely has me the most interested so far. It's clear they can't do an exact adaption of Alias, yet it does seem like the major players are there: Luke Page, Purple Man, Hellcat filling the role of Ms. Marvel. So, very interested in just who Carrie-Ann Moss could be portraying. Obviously, they can't use J Jonah Jameson and the Bugle (unless Sony gave the ok recently and we don't yet know), so what if she's a businesswoman like JJJ?

17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Casting on aka Jessica Jones kicked it up a notch. I can see the season being a slow burn on the Purple Man story and that is freakin' fantastic.

18. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Do we know anything about Andy Serkis' character in AOU?

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Speculation: Ulysses Claw

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Klaw. And with good reason.

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    At the risk of just becoming the link guy, there's what appears to be a 15 second teaser for a teaser of the daredevil Netfix series here. It doesn't show much more than what we've seen in stills, though. Don't know where the Facebook guy found the original link.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I can't wait for the Marvel Netflix series as they are look promising with casting. I'm sure there will be plenty of name dropping to the the cinematic universe.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks... I don't think I've heard of him before.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

IGN. Full trailer tomorrow over there.