main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Started my MCU rewatch (all the movies & most of the One Shots, a select handful of AoS, 2 Agent Carter's & space out all 13 eps of Daredevil post-"Avengers"), all told about 40 separate things (which is why I'm starting two and a half -ish weeks out). Began with Captain America: The First Avenger which I think is a nifty entry point to the MCU. Iron Man is an awesome movie but it feels a bit small in relation to the MCU at large but I think First Avenger is a really cool beginning spot because it sets up Hydra really well at the start (Red Skull's line of "You could have the power of the gods! Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations! I have seen the future, Captain! There are no flags!" feels particularly resonant when everything goes all Hydra), layers in a bunch of things that pay off, and the discombobulating feeling that Cap has when he wakes up works (what's all this then? Modern day, whole lotta military spooks, who is this eyepatch guy?. Fury's intro in "First Avenger" seems much more dynamic than him just kinda hanging out at Stark's house.). I think the best coda to the WWII era-stuff is the last 2 eps of Agent Carter, they contrast really nicely with the end of First Avenger and it's fun to see Peggy and Howard Stark show up again.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Can someone please let Ale know we have paragraphs now?

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Interesting .Evans grew his beard out for the press tour, or maybe not? Perhaps, he's going 'Nomad' for Civil War?

What I want to know is how Sebastian is going to fit into this...

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Chris Evans started going out his beard around the Super Bowl. It could just be a personal choice and nothing to do with Civil War.

[​IMG]

I would be more interested to see if Thor and Hulk participate in Civil War since neither of them were in the comic book storyline.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Evans has a beard between pretty much every project, if not for every other project. Hemsworth cut his hair - does that mean Donald Blake is gonna show up? :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If they do, it would essentially be Avengers 2.5.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That's how Anthony Mackie described Civil War as in an interview posted on Collider:

Aside from the Avengers, Captain America, will be the best trilogy of the Marvel films.

Diggy likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The crossover you never thought you'd see.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The moment I saw that I knew the scene they would use.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Welcome to the Marvel hour." It's what you watch between Marvel Netflix binges...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Ahahahaha! That's brilliant, actually.

14. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Eh. That's not really a "Star Wars" easter egg, as limb removal is a fairly common trope.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know when they decide to stick Artoo in somewhere in the background, ala JJ Abrams.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth-Lando like this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, I was eating.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009

"Now. tell them what you saw Billy."
    "But I'm so scared McGarnagle."
    "You've gotta do this one for me Billy, McGarnagle."
    "Okay for you McGarnagle.|
    "Well McGarnagle, Billy is dead! They slit his throat from ear to ear."
    "Hey. I'm trying to eat lunch here!"

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Non action, story driven games, anyone?

http://www.telltalegames.com/blog/discussion/94655/marvel-and-telltale-games-teaming-up-for-2017

BigAl6ft6 and Darth-Lando like this.
  18. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    I wonder if, in phase 4, we will not see people like Iron Man or Capt. America at all.

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    We'd probably see Iron Patriot and either Bucky or Sam as Cap.

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that would....not be great. to me Steve Rogers is Captain America. and i really don't care for Iron Patriot at all. in the comic it was cool that he took over in the storyline for a while. but after that to me there should be one suit.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Or perhaps we get finally get Rhody becoming War Machine, because the only time he's actually worn an Iron Man suit was in Iron Man 2. I've always wondered why they didn't put him in the suit in at the end of Avengers, when War Machine would be really useful or in Iron Man 3, when there were 30 or 40 different Iron Man suits in the climax of the movie. I assume its because they're saving War Machine for some future date after RDJ bows out of the Avengerverse.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think they'll try the "next generation" characters for a bit (War Machine, maybe Lady Thor, BuckyCap) after "Infinity War" along with a host of the other newer characters being introduced to come - Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Banther, Ant Man to "carry" the main Marvel franchise for awhile. Somewhere in there, they'll start recasting the main Phase One "Avengers" leads and maybe slip them in (or maybe get the OG actors to reprise them in cameos.). The Guardians of the Galaxy are fairly new and could definitely be used in Phase Four still.

I think an interesting situation is now Peter Parker Spider-Man is gonna be in the MCU but will they eventually move onto Miles Morales after, like, 5 MCU Parker movies circa 2025? (because we've had Peter Parker Spider-Man about a decade and a half by now) Stuff like that.

I'm about halfway through Season 1 of Daredevil and I really dig it, maybe they'll bring some of the Netflix heroes up to cinematic big leagues. Basically, I wanna see Matt Murdock in Avengers: Infinity War. And everyyyyyonnneeee else.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

.....he was in the suit in Iron Man 3 as the Iron Patriot.

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Barely though. We've yet to see War Machine where his suit isn't a villain for a good portion of the movie. His suit always gets taken over by a villain.