main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, Doctor Strange and GOTG 2 comes out before the Solo Spidey film

So Civil, Strange and GOTG 2......pick ur poison

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I pick pizza.

Juliet316 and TrandoJedi like this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Of course you do.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes, pizza is a fine poison to pick.

As far as those movies, skipping GoTG2. Strange: it depends on if Cumberbatch can convince me he's Stephen (I'm fine with Scott Derrickson as director), and Civil - gotta have a lot of Bucky to get my tush to the theater.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Probably see GOTG 2.

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I doubt it. While Sony would have say over that, I think it's more that Marvel wanted a teenage Spider-Man and Garfield's firing or not, was just coincidental.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I think Marvel wanted to distance themselves as far as they can from Garfield's Spider-man. If you watched the video of the non-confirmation of the Spidey in Civil War, Kevin Feige states that he wanted to bring to life stories where Peter is still in high school and he wanted that teenage rookie/novice contrast and dynamic with hero veterans like Iron Man.

Personally, I don't think Garfield was the right fit for Peter Parker.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, part of the reason that the Amazing series was done in the first place was to have the high school period. Which goes back to the talk that Sony wanted that on "Spider-Man 4" as a series of flashbacks.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    As much as I liked Tobey, I'm glad they didn't do Spidey 4 with flashbacks.

I'm wondering if they'll make up a love interest for Peter or go back to MJ, as I've very doubtful they use Gwen again so soon. On another note, I hope Spidey has web shooters, which was one of the only handful of things I liked about the Amazing series.

11. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I thought Garfield was a great Peter Parker; I thought Tobey was one-note and badly cast.

12. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    From the leaks Feige didn't care for the romance focus so I wouldn't be surprised if there is no romance subplot in the MCU spiderman films

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "The Social Network, to my mind, is the Citizen Kane of the 21st Century, a film that social historians hundreds of years from now will point to as one of the most emblematic of our era."

“Another historic movie starring Andrew is The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2"

So apparently the Sony chief's speech that he had to re-write because Garfield didn't show up was intended to be a comedy bit.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That would be amazing (pun intended) if there was not a love interest in upcoming Spidey flicks, which speculations will be: Spider-Man: The Next Avenger; The Spectacular Spider-Man or The Web of Spider-Man. Marketing wise, I could see Sony wanting to use the tag "The Next Avenger" to ride on Marvel's coat tails, but that's all I'll see it as, a marketing tool. I would prefer Spectacular or Web of as a nod to either of those comic book series.

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well they're sending him back to high school. they could use his first girl, betty brant finally, and just have it abbreviated and concentrate on many aspects.

16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Asa Butterfield is currently in negotiation for the role of Spider-Man per Latino Review.

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i havn't seen him lately. i hope he's tall enough.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Good Spidey knowledge! That would tie-in so well with "Friday" being the new voice of "Jarvis."

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    well no love interest in the MCU, the stand alone Sony films may be a different matter.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Quoting this from X-Men thread, more relevant here:

Ahhh! Runaways TV series! Amazing idea! The first 18 issues could conceivably be crammed down into a single movie but a full season for Volume 1 of Runaways would be grand. Maybe even one of those ABC miniseries in between AoS. There is apparently a script too that Marvel has been sitting on for awhile, several scripts even cuz I know BKV took a crack at it once. But I think the most recent one is by the other guy who wrote Iron Man 3 (not Shane Black.)

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I hope this phase 2 gives birth to a phase 3 in which I get to see things like Titania vs She-Hulk, Adam Warlock on trial for the Infinity Gauntlet, Thor vs the Celestials, a properly done Silver Surfer, Iron Fist and/or Daredevil fight masses of Hand ninjas.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think Fox still has the rights to Silver Surfer, since they still have Fantastic Four. IIRC, awhile back, Marvel tried to trade back Daredevil to Fox for Silver Surfer, but it didn't happen because I think Marvel wanted Fox to throw in Galactus as well.

23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

The last thing I saw him in was Ender's Game and he looked pretty tall.