main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, they were both in 12 Years A Slave and Cumberbatch was the kinder slave owner that gave him, SPOILER ALERT, a violin.

Good for Chiwetel Ejiofor getting the role of Baron Mordo. I'm sure he'll deliver a great villain performance as he did in Serenity, although I was hoping the rumor of Al Pacino awhile back of being Mordo would come true.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    And yet, it would have been even cooler if Cumberbun was Mordo and Ejiofor was Strange. But what do I know?:D

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That would have been pretty sweet.

I still hope that Tilda Swinton is playing the character Death rather than The Ancient One. I really would like James Hong to be The Ancient One, but that might be too on the nose.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

IMDB has her as the Ancient One

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    IMDB is a little suspect on unreleased films.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah. Until it's official, I'm going to hold onto hope.

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I see I've been ninja'd on the Strange news :p Though I would've preferred to see Mads Mikkelsen as Baron Karl Amadeus von Mordo, I'm alright with this casting choice. There is one thing that makes me a little nervous from the report I read:

Hmmm...

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Here's hoping it means that Mordo becomes a host body for the dreaded one...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    All 3 cast "Dr. Strange" actors have done various awesome things so I'm totally okay with any of them playing anybody in the flick. I would love to see Ejofor, Swinton & Cumerbatch do some crazy trippy magic battle stuff.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Will it be magic? Or some mad science that Doc Strange & crew be droppn'? <The world according to Thor>

IIRC, Jon Favreau avoided the Mandarin because of the magical rings. He didn't think magic fit in the Marvel Universe or at least Iron Man films at the time.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably magic maybe with a wee bit of "it can be explained by science!" throwaway comment. But this be incantations and dimensions and demons and so forth, the thing about Marvel I think which makes them strong is that they actually push a different genre in the film series, so the full on magic realm (Thor is more sci-fi) hasn't been opened up yet.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Ugh. I missed that completely. Thanks for posting Jedi Merkurian. I'll definitely wait until it's available for rental, kind of stupid to mash up Mordo with other characters. Just letting go, this is not the Doctor Strange I loved to read and I'll just stick with that.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm gonna feel stupid if someone pointed this out and I just read over it or forgot it. I just finished watching Winter Soldier and saw that Fury's fake gravestone at the end read "The path of the righteous man".

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yeah, you pretty much have walk through the streets naked with someone following shouting "SHAME SHAME SHAME!" And then ringing a bell.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Even I noticed that when I saw it in theaters.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

You suck as a human being. :p

VadersLaMent likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That was such a nice touch by the film. I'm sure Sam Jackson got a kick out of it. When I saw that on Fury's tombstone, I wanted Fury to pull out his wallet.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What I'm actually afraid of is going back to looka t my original comments and there I am clear as day, "Hey, nice touch with the tombstone..."

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Knowing him, he probably asked for it. After all, it is said that he asked for the initials BMF to be engraved on his Lightsaber.

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    they should just gone all out and made Fury's tombstone shaped like a lightsaber.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    In case you don't check out the Spider-Man thread.

New Spider-Man & Director Announced
    [​IMG]

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I don't really know either of those two, but I've heard Holland is really good in "The Impossible", I'll have to check that out. I'm excited to get Spider-man in the MCU so I hope this turns out well!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I haven't seen this Holland kid in anything, so I'll probably check out one of his films over the weekend.

And I'm excited too to see Spider-man stand along side Iron Man and Captain America. I imagine it will be glorious when Spidey and Tony exchange quips.

cubman987 likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope the Spider-Man fans like him.

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.