main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That's pretty cool. This kid is off to a good start with that instragram vid.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm guessing this confirms that Peter Parker / Spider-Man is in Civil War since they're shooting it now, but since it was announced into the run, I would also assume Peter isn't a huge part of the story. But I'm guessing him and Tony are science geeks who get along, and Peter is also probably moonlighting as Spider-Man already and Tony would probably know that as well, so he ends up on Tony's side... and maybe even switches to Cap's side by the end.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, there's always pick-ups to add more material later on, if they want to.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002

Which is why I was hoping the Mandarin would have gotten ahold of some sweet Chitauri gear after the Avengers and forged his rings from their tech....

Oh what could have been.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Is this going to be the same Spiderman from The Amazing Spiderman, or a new one?

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    New one, complete to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! (Although I'm one of those weirdos who think the two Amazing Spider-Man movies could have been cut & pasted into the MCU continuity just fine)

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Eh..... If it was just the first one I'd agree, but with the second one I'd have to disagree..... I actually try to forget that the second one even happened.....

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm just happy that Sony and Marvel could work together with Spider-Man. I'd hope Fox and Marvel could do the same. I mean, the last couple of X-Men flicks have been worthy enough to be part of the MCU.

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So does Sony marketing.

10. Sirdi

Sirdi Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2015
    I'm happy Spider-Man is going to be worked into the universe, but the actor being Spider-Man seems to be lacking in the interesting department.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    On Ant-Man's connections to future MCU elements:

"The truth is, there is so much in Ant-Man: introducing a new hero, introducing a very important part of technology in the Marvel universe, the Pym particles. Ant-Man getting on the Avengers' radar in this film and even – this is the weirdest part, you shouldn't really talk about it because it won't be apparent for years – but the whole notion of the quantum realm and the whole notion of going to places that are so out there, they are almost mind-bendingly hard to fathom. It all plays into Phase Three."

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh, it would be so juicy if Michael Douglas' Hank Pym/Ant-Man was around for years, but preferred to be unseen. Moreover, if his character appears in Agent Carter.

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    From what I've read, that's the case. That Hank and Howard Stark knew each other, which is why John Slattery is in the film. Or at least, at last check he was. This will probably tie into the Tesseract which we know Howard picked up and had notes on in his journal, which Tony studied while trying to figure out what was so important in the box of stuff that Fury gave him. My guess is that without the Bi-Frost and the Tesseract itself, another means of interstellar travel will be necessary for "Infinity War".

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm sure if it was be lame or awesome to have an ant size Hank Pym to be at the creation of Captain America and/or the creation of the Hulk.

I mean, a shrunken Pym could be in these photos monitoring things:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ...or the conception of Thor.

:(

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    All throughout Age of Ultron I was hoping for just a single line from Tony saying that he partially based Ultron's AI on an previous AI attempt by Pym that never panned out. Nothing major, just a little nod to his role from the comics.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    So the other day, I made mention of what it would be like to mash up the audio from the transformation from "The Incredible Hulk" television series and those in the live action films. Well, someone did that.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

Still holding out hope for a sideways Hank Pym Ultron origin retcon throwaway comment in Ant-Man.

19. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

I'd be happy if Spider-Man didn't actually appear in costume at all until the very end of the movie. Peter Parker does his regular freelance photographer thing and shadows Stark for a while, Stark is impressed with his knowledge of science, makes snide comments about Spidey being an amateur, and doesn't learn that they're the same person until the very end.

A new one. I've been hearing rumors that this standalone film will be titled "Spectacular Spider-Man". Nothing confirmed as far as I know, just internet talk.

20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

The rumor I heard about the standalone film was: Spider-Man: The New Avenger.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

He was mentioned briefly in Thor; when SHIELD shows up to confiscate all of Natalie Portman's crap, Swedish Guy says "Let me contact one of my colleagues. He's had some dealings with these people before. I'll e-mail him and maybe he can help."

While he didn't name Pym specifically, it was confirmed by Feige that Pym was the person in question, much like how at one point he mentions Banner without saying "Banner"...."a pioneer with gamma radiation".

22. SithSense

Sep 29, 2002

That title came from Latino Review....so I'd take it with a whole shaker of salt.
    I mean hell, just a few weeks ago, they were reporting that Asa Butterfield is the new Spidey: http://www.latino-review.com/news/asa-butterfield-is-spider-man

23. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    "Spectacular Spiderman" is always a rumored title, though.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's the most obvious title choice. "Friendly Neighborhood" isn't very marketable, "Superior" doesn't really apply (though has hilarious bragging subtext), "Ultimate" is probably being avoided/saved til they do Miles & "Web of" sounds more like a TV series.

25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It would make me slightly irritated, because i love the Spectacular Spiderman TV series, but it definitely would make sense.