main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Thunderbolts would be awesome in any format and with just about any roster but I had my heart set on a Phase 4 big movie adaptation of Warren Ellis' arc, since with the Sony deal they could use Spidey big guns like Norman Osborn leading the team and Venom eating people. Of course, that is a hellova lot of Spider-movie groundwork to lay for that to happen.

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    An Osborn Thunderbolts team would just make me miss the opportunity for them to face Deadpool.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Is there though?

We've seen Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Sandman, Venom, Lizard, Electro and Rhino now. Assuming this new one gives us either Kraven, Mysterio, Vulture or Chameleon, why do we NEED origins for the rest? I think Nolan proved with Joker that an origin isn't needed if the story is good enough. And since Marvel is canning Spidey's origin and he just exists in this universe, why can't his rogues also be well established? I personally have no need to see the origins of Norman, Otto and the rest. They just need to be recognizable and easy to access. But if Suicide Squad is a success, I definitely expect to see Marvel being less afraid of canning origins and just using characters and explaining only what they need to in order to get the character in the film. Basically would need to establish Norman and his role and then the rest can be the ones he recruits.

Another option is definitely the most recent Thunderbolts. We know Ross is back in Civil War. Elektra is already cast as is Punisher. Ghost Rider is back at Marvel as well. Would just need to figure out replacements for Agent Venom (Sony deal doesn't mention tv.) and Deadpool.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    To be fair- the lack of a Joker origin isn't meant to be a mold for every villain- it was just meant to be appropriate for that character or, at the very least, that version of the character. It wasn't intended to be applied to everyone.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    And Joker's the one villian that I think most would really prefer not to have a cut and dry origin story.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It seems that all talk about Thunderbolts are about their later incarnation, is there no love for the original team?

[​IMG]

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's another interesting tidbit: Rosario's character was supposed to be Night Nurse Linda Carter but they had to change the name because the theatrical side of things has plans for that character.

Article also has a couple comments on the tone and direction for DD S2, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    She Thor vs. Zombie Hulk (Fan Film)

10. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    So this is our Civil War lineup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Teams look logical, but you'd think Vision and Scarlet Witch would be on the same team. And supposedly, Black Panther should be in this film too.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Again, for anyone who has been watching the movies -- there is virtually no chance that Black Widow is aligning with Tony over Steve.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware those are official, or mostly official, but there's also supposed to be a double-agent.

Jedi Merkurian and Lord Vivec like this.
  13. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    so we have the match-ups
    chic vs chic(black widow vs scarlet witch)
    black man vs black man(war machine vs falcon)
    white man vs white man(capt America vs Ironman)
    insect vs insect(Antman vs Spiderman)
    halfmachine vs halfmachine(winter soldier vs vision)

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, Black Widow could side with Tony because of Tony's connection to Banner. Plus, Steve might be too much of a goodie, goodie. Like Stark, Romanoff just may have trouble trusting anyone without a darkside.

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    What

16. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Black Panther is confirmed to be neutral on this.

Vision and Scarlet Witch just met, no reason for them to stick together. Also Natasha might be siding with Tony to spy on him.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Makes sense for Black Panther to sit this one out as he's probably be the force behind the division of superheroes aka "the accords."

I felt there was an instant connection between Vision and Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron, like she could read his mind or something, like she did with Ultron when she learned of his true plans. Moreover, could have developed a relationship during the Avengers Training.

On another note, anyone else find it amusing the Avengers' new HQ is in update state New York where the school for gifted youngster is also located?

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Just because Steve and Natasha are friends, it doesn't mean they have to align on this particular issue. Is probably more
    Interesting if they don't.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Indeed, and given Black Widow's ledger / status, it might be a lot more interesting if she does work with Tony.

And then everyone sides with Bucky as he decimates Hydra. [face_whistling]

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    that would put fewer people on Stark's team which make's me wonder even more if there will be more Spidey than we might have thought.
    that looks like Stark has the heavier hitters though.

21. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Yeah, with the Vision and both incarnations of Iron Man I think they can afford to leave a slot open.

New rumor is there will be more Spidey in this than previously believed. So you're on to something there, JEDI-RISING

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I believe that Spider-man will have a large role in Civil War since Feige drafted two scripts for the film and pursued negotiations with Sony for months. Feige had plans for the web-slinger for sure, which is obvious when he talked about the character existing in the MCU for awhile and he's running around in a homemade suit. The homemade suit which many internet media outlets reported to be this image:

[​IMG]

This is not a concept image of the homemade Spidey suit that Feige referenced by rather a drawing made years ago. However, that image does fit the description of a teenage homemade costume. I think Tony does seek out Spidey and gives him a proper costume, but not the Iron Spider one.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  23. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    If Tony winds up supplying the more polished, durable suit, that would finally explain (in the movies) how a poor teenager could afford to put together what is clearly a professionally designed and fitted outfit made of costly materials. The webbing alone on the Maguire suit required a team of people to keep it adhered in all the right places.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Let's extrapolate a bit here, folks.
    • Assumption: the new Fantastic Four movie will be a box office and money loser for Fox.
    assuming this is gonna be a flop (probably), it'll be interesting to see what Fox does with the FF property. Does anyone really think they're gonna make another "only to hold onto the rights" Fantastic Four film? Really? If/when they lose money on this? The property would be practically toxic. Certainly moreso of a dinged brand than Sony's Amazing Spider-Man. At least Sony is still making Spider-Man movies (although they kind of had to crawl back to Marvel and figure out how to share the character). But that assumes that Sony Spider-Man movies can still make money. It's probably likely FF movies will not make money for Fox. so that's it for FF at Fox. Has to be. Completely illogical if they kept going.
    So I am going to guess that instead of doing a Sony / Spider-Man deal of "sharing" the characters, Marvel wouldn't be interested in that type of deal because clearly FF is not Spidey. Therefore, Fox will simply let the FF rights lapse. Then Marvel/Disney will have it back. Hopefully in time for the climax of MCU Phase 4 to have Avengers vs. Doctor Doom. (Marvel could hold back on the actual FF in the MCU for a while and just delve into the spree of FF baddies alla Doom / Silver Surfer, etc.) How long does it have to be before Fox actively is developing an FF movie? Five years? Eh.... math might work out.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    We'll get a new FF movie every year via MuppetCinemascore

BigAl6ft6 likes this.