Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest, Apr 26, 2010.

1. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Is this the first time we've heard that Mary Jo Markey's gonna be the ACE on Episode 7?
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    No matter how many times I have viewed it, that AntMan test footage never ceases to be inspired.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  3. TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Ant-Man footage is amazing, hopefully a exciting way to start Phase 3!
  4. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I always liked Pierce. It will be hard to picture him with the face of Robert Redford, though. :p

Also, this finally confirms that Emily VanCamp's role is Agent 13 (most likely Sharon Carter and the Agent 13 name is used in the credits just to avoid giving away the twist).
  5. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Also I think this is the first time they've confirmed Sitwell is returning for TWS, but I could be mistaken there.

The way it's listed, it would be both Jeffrey Ford AND Mary Jo Markey. Not sure if thats new info or not.
  6. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  7. DarthIntegral September Tiemaster

Game Winner
    star 7
    Mrs. Inty already can't wait for TWS.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    According to the Nerdist.com, Angel's J. August Richards has joined "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" as an 'unknown, super-secret character.'
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    Every time I see Thor and Padme together, I lament that AotC wasn't made late enough for Hemsworth to be cast as Anakin.

He'd have been perfect. Not least because he's actually got the Vader height.

Oh, and actual chemistry with Portman.
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  10. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Agreed 100%. It doesn't matter though. Lucas would still have hired HC or someone worse because, well, he had already lost his marbles, fallen to the Dark Side or whatever other reason you can think of for everything that was wrong with the PT.
  11. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Black Panther?
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Isn't he a DC character?
  13. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  14. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Apparently some Captain America costume concept art:

Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
  15. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    So they decided that it was the red that was making Cap look goofy?
  16. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I think the red is still there, in shadows. It's kind of a weird cross between the Heroic Age "Commander Rogers" look and the costume from the first movie.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Regardless, it really isn't much of an improvement over the costume he wore in Avengers. I really prefer the outfit he wore during WW2.
  18. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I do too, but I like that concept art much better than the Avengers costume. That was awful.
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10

Oh, you're right- I missed that at first glance since the chest logo is hidden behind the arm pose. That's awesome. I loved that uniform design, with the logo in the middle and the white stripes going around the shoulders/sleeves (I'm seriously bummed there hasn't been a t-shirt yet, to my knowledge; I guess the sleeves make it too tricky for a quick t-shirt manufacture).

[IMG]

Looking at that, with the red "blood stripes" going down the legs and the strap boots, TWS's look is based on this design without a doubt.
    Last edited by The2ndQuest, Apr 12, 2013
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    There is a t-shirt of that uniform. Keep in mind that the atmosphere of CA:TWS is a political thriller/espionage/conspiracy so not only does the "Captain Rogers" outfit make sense from a "going off the grid" plot point, but the muted color scheme of that uniform lends itself well to the film's tone.
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    As I read through the cast list I couldn't stop murmuring "Cool!" and "Oh, wow!" in breathless excitement. Robert Redford as Agent Pierce! Anthony Mackie as Falcon! ScarJo returning as Black Widow! Stan returning as Buckie/WS! And Hayley Atwell (who impressed the bejeezus out of me in Pillars of the Earth) as... Peggy? Not Sharon? [face_thinking] Don't tell me... she loveded Cap so much she put herself in cryo-sleep?[face_dunno]
  22. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Emily VanCamp is Sharon. Peggy is apparently in flashbacks.

I'm wondering why they spoiled Bucky as the Winter Soldier right in the press release, though -- are they not going to draw that out at all in the film, for the audience not exposed to the comics? Or are they expecting that anyone who could find about it or follow press releases is already going to have found out?
  23. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    I will accept flashbacks of Hayley as a consolation prize for her not being the lead. They might have cast her as her own niece, she could have pulled it off nicely.

As to Bucky, my guess is the studio realizes most non-fans don't know who Bucky or WS are, and if they did know they wouldn't care. It's not exactly Vader-is-Anakin in its degree of import.

EDIT: That sounds snarky and I didn't mean it to be. Just that the public won't be wowed by the news either way.
    Last edited by Merlin_Ambrosius69, Apr 13, 2013
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I assume it'd be easier to market the "Cap vs his friend" angle than the "Who is Winter Soldier?" angle- especially since the common knowledge of the answer amongst comic readers would quickly dispel any possible "Is he Khan?"-type viral speculation.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, for those not that versed in the Comics, "friend against friend" is a much easier way to connect that audience to, what I presume, is the sequel's story, rather than "Who is this mysterious Winter Soldier and why is he after Cap?" angle would be.