main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Chart's already out of date, seems to be made pre-Spiderman deal

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  3. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Him emphasizing that it's still largely a Captain America film is very reassuring to me, as much as I love the rest of the Avengers.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope he is exaggerating. I find MCU Cap to be kind of a boring character.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Chris Evans is perfect as CA imo.

6. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    I've always thought he was okay before, but it was Winter Soldier that made me a big Cap fan.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, The Winter Soldier made Cap my favorite MCU character. Actually favorite Marvel cinematic character, which includes Spider-Man and Wolverine.

Marvel has done a marvelous job in taking an old fashion character with old fashion values and made him relevant and relatable for the modern audience. I'm sure Civil War will be a Cap-centric film, even with the all of the other characters.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  9. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

Agreed.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think it would very difficult to create a stand alone She-Hulk film that the masses would appreciate. I'm a big fan of comic books and I don't even know Jennifer Walters' arch nemesis. I would like to see Jennifer Walters appear as an attorney on Daredevil.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Ultimately nearly all the Hulk supporting characters need some Hulk solo films in order to ever get into the MCU. Ross MIGHT possibly go Red Hulk eventually, but other than that I doubt we'd see anyone else. Maybe 20 years from now in an MCU reboot or something

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No me. CW being "mostly a Cap film" is one of the things that I'm really not liking. It undermines the entire premise imo.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    It is called Captain America: Civil War after all, not Avengers: Civil War. I don't want to see Cap not getting enough focus in what's supposed to be his own sequel.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm kind of with Thrawn082. One thing I can't stand about Cap in the comics is the way other heroes tend to get thrown under the bus in order that Cap might shine, and I dread the MCU going the same way.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well since it's his movie... he's the one driving the bus. If it's an Avengers movie it'd be different, but this isn't Civil War, it's CAPTAIN AMERICA: Civil War. If he's not the lead in his own movie it's an issue.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, I don't quite understand why this is an issue when it's a Captain America movie.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You do know that that is a returning problem for more-or-less every Marcel character?

You appear in Punisher and he will beat you and finish his mission and will walk away with moral superiority or at least making a joke about how lame you are.

Beside Cloak and Dagger, and maybe Spider-Man so do characters that appear in Runaways bend over backward to fit the story.

Spider-Man can win against anybody in a fight.

Etc.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The problem is not that Cap is the star of his own movie; my problem is that they've made a movie concerning lots of heroes a Cap vehicle, meaning the chances are that the other heroes won't get a fair shake - and by that I don't mean they won't get as much screen-time, I mean that they will be deliberately portrayed as inferior to Cap in heroic qualities. It's something that's been happening in the comics since the mid-eighties, and it annoys me to bits.

No, I've been reading Marvel comics since the early/mid-seventies and am completely clueless as to the way of things. Seriously, could you have phrased that any more patronisingly? Back when I first started reading Marvel comics they actually made quite a big effort to play fair between heroes; it wasn't really until the mid-eighties with Shooter at the helm that we saw the Marvel Universe restructured along hierarchical lines. I think it's crap, and leads to a lot of stupid point-scoring and raising one hero at another's expense. I loath it.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I suggest we what with the complains until after we have seen the film [face_peace]

Possibly, but I was not trying to be patronising, just trying to give some examples that it was not just Cap that had that problem.

20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I think when Stan said that it was most a Cap film, it is a film that has the Avengers in it and centers around the conflict, but at the heart of the film is that Cap is trying to deal with both Bucky and the new situation that's arisen since "Age Of Ultron". The other Avengers will still have plenty to do, from the sounds of things. Hell, Downey was able to garner a larger part from what was originally offered. So I wouldn't worry that anyone will be really short changed.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Marvel, just give me a Vision solo movie and you can make as many Cap movies as you want.

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    All I want is some good scenes with Bucky, Steve and Sam (as in Buck gets more than 15 minutes this time. Really, Marvel.) If Bucky is a deeper catalyst in the split between Tony and Steve's different ways of doing / thinking, 100% works for me.

soitscometothis likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    coupla Fiege interview tidbits at slashfilm this one is interesting

http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-avengers-event-part-2/

Because they asked him about MCU TV in MCU movies and Fiege did point out that the prep time between movies and TV is disparate so down-up co-ordination is difficult, but he didn't nix the idea and did point out how good the cast of "Daredevil" is. (realllly hoping we see Daredevil folk in a Spider-Man movie)

Will The Marvel television characters or storylines ever appear in the Marvel movies?
    Kevin Feige: I think its inevitable as we’re plotting the movies going forward and they’re plotting the shows. The schedules do not always quite match up to make that possible. Its easier for them, because they are more nimble and faster to produce things, which is one of the reasons you see the repercussions of Winter Soldier or Age of Ultron in the shows. But going forward as there continues to be more shows and casting such great actors as they have, particularly with Daredevil, that may occur. But a lot of it is, by the time we start doing a movie they might be midway through (filming) a season and by the time the movie comes out they’ll be done with their second season and starting a third season. So finding timing on that isn’t always easy.
    Would they keep the casting from a Marvel television show if the character appears in a movie?
    Kevin Feige: Probably, it’d probably be a cool thing to do. (laughs) But that particular scenario has not come up yet.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    So at the very least, Vincent D'Onofrio could play Fisk in a Spidey film. That does sound good.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    That's one of the positive things about the shared MCU; continuity. Although there have some complaints about the movie and TV shows completely being in sync with one another, the actors should be able to able in one medium to the other keeping everything copacetic. So if King Pin does emerge to be the crime boss in the MCU, it's nice to know Vincent Dorito will play the part. Moreover, the MCU can go dark and gritty/Rate R with the stories and characters.

That being said, I'm looking forward to Jon "Don't call me Shane" Bernthal does with Frank Castle. I'm sure they're not going to make his Punisher family friendly or have a pseudo love interest. I'm banking he's just going to be one pissed off dude that shoots first and asks questions later. I really hope Marvel keeps the Punisher right.