main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome news about the Punisher. But damn, there's so many shows to try and keep track of coming up. I've been working on a viewing order/timeline graphic to more easily track and represent the info for some people and I think, with all the TV entries, I spent about 3 hours assembling the images and info for Phases 2-3 and only finished up through 2017- and that's not even including TBD stuff like Damage Control yet.

What a fantastic problem to have for a Marvel fan, ha.

A true MCU X-Men isn't a realistic possibility- thus a worlds-collide crossover event is the only really plausibly scenario.

If they do a multi-verse mash-up, I doubt invoking time travel in the process would be much of an issue at all.

cubman987 likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    See, I don't like the idea of mutliverse/worlds colliding with the MCU and X-Men. I'd like to start from scratch. If Marvel Phase 4 is a somewhat of a reboot, than that would be the best time to fit in the X-Men and avoid the convolution of a multiverse. I mean, for what I've heard, MCU's Spider-man fits in seamlessly and has been considered the best version of the character. Both the MCU and X-Men Universe looks like they'll be in need of reboots with recasting the characters on the horizon.

The Infinity War aftermath could be the catalyst to reboot and merge the MCU and X-Men or even a House of M event.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Right, but the current day team with the cast of the earlier films though, are wide open to use. "Deadpool" already indicates as much, since it is supposed to take place after the time period of "The Wolverine", but without the war going on in DOFP. As to Spider-Man fitting in, the simple thing is that Peter is not a Mutant. It's easy to fit him in because the Cinematic Universe has plenty of room for a non-Mutant superhero like him, but not for our merry band of Mutants. Sure they could be simply rebooted, but too much history has been established without going cosmic to make it work.

That said, the X films aren't in need of a reboot since we just had that. And it'll be a long time before one happens in the MCU.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, Phase Marvel Phase 4 is still like 4 years away. Plus, Spider-Man has just went to a third reboot a few years after it was just rebooted.

What I'm saying is "yeah" the current X-Men franchise could not fit in the MCU. So, Marvel Studios would just have to come up with a creative way to introduce the X-Men in to the MCU aside from a "worlds colliding event." The X-Men could have always existed in the MCU, but stayed nicely hidden through the many skills and abilities of Charles Xavier. They only made themselves knows to the world because of the escalation of the Avengers, Inhumans and threats to their species. I mean, X1 basically does the same thing.

I just would prefer to avoid the convolution of multiverse and the anchors of continuity.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I agree that the X-Men work better outside of not only the MCU, but the Marvel U too. That said, I love your idea about why none of the MCU folks would know about the X-Men (Xavier.) Sometimes continuity can be a thorn and to be fair, I still love what they did with First Class in that regard. Me, I am just waiting for Bryan Singer to move on so more mutants can be explored beyond Raven, Charles and Erik. I understand their position in the X universe (comics), but I want to see more characters explored.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I want to see more of the Colossus that appeared in Deadpool. He was so wonderfully done as the big brother of the team (making sure you have your breakfast) and adverse to nudity. Plus he played so well off of Deadpool, same with Negasonic Teenage Warhead. See that's one of the things I feel we didn't get from Singer's X-Men, personality from the characters and playing off each other.

I said this before, X-Men is really an ensemble comic book story, which is why (aside from Wolverine and Deadpool who is really not a member of the X-Men) none of the team members had a long run of solo titles in the comics.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

That makes sense, but where is that Black Widow film Marvel.

BTW, Midtown Comics have their Black Panther, Captain America and Winter Soldier emblem shirts on sale this week. I almost caved, but tuition is looming in a big way again (Summer and Fall in a single month.)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'd love to see a Black Widow film before they recast the role, especially if it were done in a James Bond/Jason Bourne mashup kind of way. I mean this fan made title sequence video is very inspiring.

Master_Lok and VadersLaMent like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I grabbed a Stark arc reactor sports shirt (like what he wears in Avengers/IM3 under the armor) in preparation for the film's release- no illumination but I like the look.

And speaking of preparations, here's that MCU map I mentioned earlier that I was throwing together- call it your road (map) to (and from) Civil War...

[​IMG]

(I don't have my site up currently so it's hard to share the full Rez, but I have three detail slices collapsed below: )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I was going to mention her in my response as it's really quite dumb they haven't given Scarlett a film. Why not really explore Natasha (I ignore Joss Whedon's take), so I'd love to see what you mentioned.

12. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    There's so much Marvel going on that I haven't even had the time to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D or Agent Carter. :p

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

hahaha, awesome graphic, I especially like the freaked out Stan Lee in the corner.

as to when the "Phases" start, I'd personally just put Jessica Jones / Daredevil Season 2 / Most of Season 3 of AoS onto the Phase 2 side and then officially kick off Phase 3 with Civil War's release date. But that's just me.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ant-Man was described as the epilogue to Phase 2, and AOS S3 (and, to a lesser extent, JJ S1) build the climate towards Civil War, so it fits thematically (and made the columns nice and even-ish ;) ), so that's why I went with that.

But, like the footnote says, Phases really only apply to the films anyways, everything else is flexible.

Stan Lee shows up in everything, doesn't he? ;)

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sorta in spoiler lockdown mode for the next few days till Thursday so no checking the MCU wiki! Got 10:20 tickets (the 7 show had some crummy seats left when I looked so went with 10:20) although if I'm at the bar and someone comes in who saw the 7 PM Civil War show and starts blabbing, that'll be very annoying.

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I'm fine with spoilers, but I respect those that want to keep things surprising.

'll buy tickets for Friday night some time next week. Situation at work and school are preventing Thursday screening, but that's okay. I am kind of hoping the Russo weren't bluffing about a third post credit scene though.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually wouldn't mind knowing if/when the post credits scenes happen. Usually my trick with Marvel movies is sit through end title credits, jump out to bathroom, come back in for final post-credits stinger. Now if there's one in the middle of all that?! My entire system goes out the window!

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    There is definitely a mid credits scene and at least one after credits (typical 10-15 closer).

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Blasphemy alert! I like Captain America: The First Avenger more than Captain America: The Winter Solider. Not by a giant margin or anything, mere bits really. But First Avenger has WWII, Red Skull, not-crazy Bucky, more Zola, more Peggy, more Howard, and a whole bunch of adventuring!

20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I'm also a total sucker for the 1940s era, for WWII, and for Capt's utilitarian-style costume.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    did a month long MCU watch before Ultron last year so doing a "mini" MCU Civil War watch for the next 5 days (which, at this point, is still like 6 movies, hahahaa): First Avenger, Avengers, Iron Man Three, Winter Soldier, Age of Ultron & Ant-Man. Oddly, this is probably the first time in, well, ever, that I've watched Avengers without rewatching Thor almost immediately beforehand, like, well, ever. Instead I went First Avenger to Avengers. So while most of the time I watch Thor before and it's "ahhh! Loki! I know why he's angry and stuff he's did" but putting First Avenger in there before Avengers and skipping Thor, the focus of the opening scenes is much more on the Cosmic Cube and Loki is much more mysterious, just arriving in a fit of fully formed villiany and rage. He seems a lot more like an unknown X-factor, which is something you don't get if you go from Thor to Avengers.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Screen Junkies: Honest Trailers - Captain America (1990)

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "I am Banyon!"

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Some doom and gloom for ABC Marvel buried away in THR's pilot season prospects. I kinda didn't see this one coming cuz I would figure The Mouse would force ABC to run Marvel programming pretty much from Sept-May.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/10-tv-pilots-score-series-889075

(Atwell reportedly would juggle Conviction with Agent Carter, should the Marvel drama return — though that's considered highly unlikely.)
    Agents of SHIELD spinoff Marvel's Most Wanted has been cooling and some say it's not considered the lock it once was.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I'll take Bucky anyway they offer him :p but Ed Brubaker spoiled me. I really like First Avenger until the 3rd act when they desperately speed things up to get Cap on ice. I wanted more than a few scant minutes of montage with Cap and Commandos busting up Hydra. Stanley Tucci's little speech in the tent still makes me cry because it so personifies everything great about Steve Rogers.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.