main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah my only real complaint about The First Avenger is the awesome montage of Cap and the Howling Commandos could have been at least 10 minutes longer.

Master_Lok likes this.
  2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    The thing I don't like about it is that Red Skull comes off as far too much of a Saturday morning cartoon villain for my taste. Maybe that was intentional as a homage or something, but I would've preferred he had been creepier rather than a bit silly. Quite a good film overall though. Phase 1 feels like ancient history already....man time flies.

3. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Saw Civil War at an advanced screening. Going to see it again!

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I think that was supposed to be intentional. The First Avenger took place in a time where people saw villains as more two-dimensional, mustache twirling scoundrels. Now, the later Hydra agents, like Alexander Pierce, are supposed to be more three dimensional, having more depth to them.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Who does Martin Freeman play in this? Death?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think they've revealed his character officially so please tag any answers as spoilers, please.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, please not talk of Civil War in this thread as there's a thread for that (which I've been avoiding until I see the film).

I read an article tossing out the rumor of Marvel being interested in Namor, but IIRC he's a Universal character. I suppose if Aquaman is successful, Namor could be something in Phase 4.

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Will not tell you here and no.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
  12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Greenlight this right now. I'm actually kind of surprised that there wasn't a plan to do one sooner given the events of Civil War.

cubman987 likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    But will she go for it?

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Well Scarlett requested one last year herself but was denied... so she wanted it... just a matter of if she still does.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    She'll be down for it.

I really hope a Black Widow film is done in a Bond/Bourne spy thriller, giving Marvel Studio another sub-genre for their brand to tap into.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's what I mean. She's got two more films left with "Infinity War". If she isn't burned out on the character, or action films in general, then she could work out a deal for at least one film. That's why I was surprised when she did "Lucy". Granted, it wasn't as demanding as playing Natasha, but still it was another action film. This may explain why "Inhumans" was pushed out of Phase III. Adding a solo film for her, a Spider-Man film and Ant-Man would definitely need to open things up.

17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think not having a solo BW film is one reason why she is doing Ghost in the Shell. More or less to say "Yep, I can do it."

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, Scarlet should take advantage of her star power. She probably the biggest box office draw from all the Avengers (RDJ, Hemsworth, Evans), that it would only be right if she got a solo flick. I like that ScarJo is embracing being action star. Some actors wouldn't want to pigeon hole themselves like that.

19. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Well I don't see Feige announcing it if there's a chance Scarlett wouldn't do it... would kind of be bad PR to say 'well make the movie' only for her to go 'yeah done with the character' So they have to have got her onboard for it.

20. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    You know... Marvel should bring back those One Shots they used to have on their Blu-Rays. I really liked those.

Please bring them back. :(

lbr789, BigAl6ft6 and Moonspun Dragon like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They're sadly on hold for now. I don't know if it has to do with the disc market or what have you. It looks like they're replacing them with more viral content like the Newsfront segments for AM & CW.

22. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Awwwwwwww. :(

Well, one of my favorites was "All Hail The King". Really liked that one.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, at least they went out on top.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Kronos like this.
  24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Something that bugs me: given the events recently in AoS (SHIELD working with the ATCU, General Talbot answering to SHIELD, Talbot "outing" Coulson at the world summit meeting), how is it that the Avengers don't know that SHIELD is back up and running and directed by Coulson? Heck, it was Coulson/SHIELD that provided the intel on the Sokovia HYDRA base, leading right into AoU.

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Well Coulson gave the intel to Hill, Hill gave it to the Avengers. She likely didn't tell them 'where' she got it from.

But yeah, Widow at least should know by now if they want to maintain ANY semblance she's a good spy. The rest, don't see why they'd know unless they were looking for intel.

As for real world answer... the people who make the movies don't watch the show or even know what they are about. :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.