main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Fox may have her rights. Technically she was a mutant when she appeared. Also technically Fox haves the rights to MC's Santa Claus. Yes Father Christmas himself is an Omega Level Mutant.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love this fan made pic. I would so love if Marvel made this a reality.

[​IMG]

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

I had to look this up. In a word: LMAO. But he's no mutant.

4. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

True, but they tend to have a decent balance of both. I mean, case in point, Guardians is basically a comedy movie, even through there's drama underlying the story. I wouldn't having a Squirrel Girl movie in and of itself is a bad idea, but does she have enough material to stand on her own two feet?

5. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Go to YouTube and type is Santa a Mutant.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I say yes. I mean, Squirrel Girl could be the kid friendly version of Deadpool in that it's a strange and out there character that kind of spoofs the superhero genre.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Okay.

But would a spoof actually work in the MCU? I know a lot of fan hate the version of Deadpool that was used in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but I think a lot of them forget that the classic Deadpool wouldn't fit with the grounded and more serious tone the X-Men film series has.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Squirrel Girl would fit in the MCU as much as Jessica Jones does. It's the other end of the spectrum.

Marvel has done a wonderful job in recent years in somewhat diversifying the type of superhero films and series, and a spoof type of film would work; not as a member of the Avengers, but a character that exists in the MCU. Not every Marvel character needs to be a member of the Avengers, nor should they. I think Phase IV should explore more non-Avengers characters as it allows the characters to grow freely and establish themselves.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, Squirrel Girl and Deadpool is a very apt comparison. And since Deadpool hit huge but Disney MCU can't use him, and the film side seems to be resistant to the levels of Deadpool profanity and gore (Netflix series corner of the MCU can hold their head high in that regard). But the film side of the MCU sure as hell have a few ala Deadpool meta-deconstructionist superheroes in their pocket (Squirrel Girl & Howard the Duck. Hey, there's your movie right there! Yeah, I know Howard the Duck has had his extreme levels but he's gone through a lot of stylistic changes over the years.)

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Thanos Meets Squirrel Girl.......I can see it now!

Rated G!

11. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Some of us don't want excessive levels of profanity and gore in our superhero movies (or TV shows).

Random Comments likes this.
  12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I dislike DP not for violence. I dislike him because he is a gigantic ***. Yeah I know alot of people like being a **** (rhymes with kick) humor. I don't, I find it annoying. But not as much as Jar Jar.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, well... double dumbass on you!

Wait, you were talking about Deadpool weren't you...

14. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Nice Kirk reference!

Oh I see what you did there! In this case DP=Deadpool.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    DP is such a ****.

Darth Basin and dp4m like this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Check out this video:

I can't believe I missed the opportunity to say that "Anna Kendrick as Squirrel Girl is pitch perfect" as noted in the video. There's something in the video that I did not know, which is that Squirrel Girl's origin was retconned from being a mutant to not being a mutant, thus giving Marvel exclusive rights to the character.

Not sure if you saw the previous page where this was posted:

18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    *fixed

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Thanos-copter? [face_laugh] by they way Sith_Sensei__Prime your avatar is very cute even though I don't like the A's.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yep, it goes back to his earliest appearances where he wasn't the badass that he would become in the 90's.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Um, the classic Deadpool we got on screen in his movie fit the X-filmverse pretty well. The world around Deadpool is (usually) way more grounded than he himself is.

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm really hoping the X-Force film will be based on Rick Remender's run on the title where Deadpool was a member. Remender's run was really dark, but Deadpool fit seamlessly on the team.

[​IMG]

I think it's inevitable to put Deadpool in an X-Men or X-Force film.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Was that the start of that "grey uniform" team? I read the first couple arcs and rather dug it. I'd love to see that combo of characters in a film, even if they swap out Wolvie for X-23.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm kinda surprised Wolvie there doesn't have a gun of some sort. Sticks out like a sore thumb amongst those heavily armed muties. [face_plain]

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, Rick Remender's "Uncanny X-Force" was the start and end of this particular "gray uniform" team. It's a really wonderful and dramatic story from beginning to end, which Psylocke getting the brunt of drama, especially near the near of Remender's run. However, there was a previous "gray uniform" X-Force team before Remender's which featured both X-23 and Wolverine. Not as good story wise, but a pretty good read with tie-ins into the Second Coming.

The previous gray uniform X-Force team was literally a death squad commissioned in secret by Cyclops during the era of mutants being an "endangered species" after the events of House of M. Facing extinction, Cyclops wanted to permanently end threats to the mutant population.

[​IMG]

Cyclop's death squad remained a secret from Storm and until the rest of the X-Men until this moment:

[​IMG]

I feel the opposite. I really can't recall ever seeing Wolverine needing to use a gun. He likes to get up close and personal with his oppenents.

BigAl6ft6 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.