main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    You catch on at a normal speed.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Brie's a good choice, but I've absolutely no interest in a Captain Marvel movie. Now, Black Widow? Yes, please.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    A Danvers CM movie before BW is a crime.

4. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

What if the Cap. Marvel movie paves the way for a Black Widow film? (Also, would Black Widow work as a solo movie? One factor about the character is that we don't know all the details about her past and she often hides what she thinks and how she feels from both the other characters and the audience. Making her the central character would remove that, more or less.)

Darth Basin likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

She hasn't been Captain Marvel not because of Carol Danvers, but because of the other Captain Marvels that came about in the 90's. Carol just happens to be the current one and Marvel prefers to stick with the most current iterations of certain characters.

6. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Then it's a good thing I didn't day she wasn't Captain Marvel because of Danvers. Your reading comprehension is off the charts, my man.

7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Thing is, Captain Marvel shouldn't pave the way for any female character, especially not Black Widow. Yes, Black Widow would work without destroying the mystery. Look at Winter Soldier, we've only seen a few fragments of Bucky's missions under Soviet Hydra control and what he went through - there is a lot more they they should tell (and chose not to, under the sorry excuse of not knowing where to go with. C'mon man, did those screenwriters even read Brubaker's run more than a couple of arcs through?) Same deal with Natasha. You can spin all kinds of stories with her. And making Black Widow the central character won't dampen what she thinks or doesn't think about characters.

Natasha's led many lives undercover and has many secrets, many of which could remain under wraps while still telling a complete story in one film. You want action, intrigue etc. You can do that with a master spy. Bond has been proving this cinematically for over 50 years. I think it is utter bs on Marvel's part not to do more with her character especially after CATWS.

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    There's no reason to prioritize one over the other. Captain Marvel deserves to have a movie about her as much as Black Widow does. There's no reason they shouldn't both get one. Calling it a crime that Captain Marvel is getting one before her is ridiculous. What is a crime is that so far the main character of every Marvel movie has been a heteronormative white man, and Black Widow is the only main character who is not both of those things (and still doesn't have a movie).

KissMeImARebel likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Monica Rambeau is always going to be Monica Rambeau (no codename) in my heart from freakin' Nextwave and I want a Nextwave movie right goddamned now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Netwave movie should have happened years ago tbh

soitscometothis and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    They can totally still do it, it's not particularly tied to any continuity and, hey Marvel, y'all want an edge Deadpool-esque madness meta-take on the MCU? You got Nextwave RIGHT THERE!

12. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    I was thinking out loud, esp. considering that there's been an interest in doing a Black Widow movie for awhile now and nothing has come of it yet, so maybe another female-centric movie would give Marvel a kick in the heinie or something.

Okay, fair enough. I was just asking, since not every character can hold a movie by themselves (case in point, the Hulk works in an ensemble, but not so well solo), so it's worth considering if a Black Widow movie is viable. That's all.

Actually, I would be very much in favor of a Black Widow movie, maybe dealing with the fallout of her "treachery" in Civil War (what did she do after left the Avengers HQ warning Iron Man that sooner or later he'd be the ones the government was hunting down?).

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    God bless Ain't It Cool News for flat-out asking Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb if we'll get TV sourced superhero action on the big screen. But, the answer is ... vague and spin-worthy.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/75840

“In your estimation, how many months or years do you think we’ll have to wait before we hear about somebody introduced on the small screen, like Luke Cage, making it into the movies?”
    Loeb’s response:
    “I don’t really think in those terms. I think in terms of what’s the best story for what’s going on. I can tell you that part of the challenge of doing this sort of thing is that, you know, the movies are planned out years in advance of what it is that we are doing. Television moves at an incredible speed. For this group, it just seems like we were shooting, like, last week.
    “And here we are. And so the other part of the problem is that, you know, when you stop and think about it, if I’m shooting a television series and that’s going to go on over a six month or eight month period, how am I going to get Mike to be able to go be in a movie? I need Mike to be in a television show.
    So it’s just, anything is possible. And as I often get reported by you folks for saying, you know, hashtag, “It’s all connected,” our feeling is that the connection isn’t just whether or not somebody is walking into a movie or walking out of a television show. It’s connected in the way that the shows come from the same place, that they are real, that they are grounded, that you know, in this particular case, that we’ve talked a lot about how there’s really a fifth defender, that there’s Daredevil and Jessica Jones and Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
    “There’s also New York City and that one of the things that’s so important to all of us was shooting in Harlem and shooting in that architecture, in that culture, and being able to see that city for what it is. And one of the things that [“Luke Cage mastermind Cheo Coker] and I talk a lot about is the musicality of that culture in that world and how that affects the show and how the show affects that. That’s just really exciting to us to see that happen.”

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

As we and others here have said, a Black Widow film is viable. I just think it's a supremely dumb move of Marvel not to run with this because they don't know how female led films will do. I think the box office for Lucy should have been the kicker, but what do I know?

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

I'm on the fence about Brie Larson being cast at Captain Marvel based solely on her age. I imaged Carol Danvers, an accomplished and experience fighter pilot, to be in her early 30s. Also, I was still hoping for Emily Blunt to take the role. However, casting for roles for the MCU has been spot on by Feige, so I don't have any concern about Larson.

As for Carol Danvers taking the mantel of Captain Marvel over other characters like Monica Rambeau (who had different powers and costume and later became Photon and then Pulsar), it's fitting. She's been there since the start of Marvel's Captain Marvel's character and an important figure in the MCU that inspires one Kamal Khan to become the new Ms. Marvel.

Does Black Widow deserve her own solo film? Certainly. However, there's no crime in having a Captain Marvel film debuting before a solo Black Widow film, as it's no more of a crime than Captain Marvel having a solo film before a solo Disney produced Hulk film. Black Widow has shined in every movie she appeared, and so for now, that's satisfying enough. Moreover, Kevin Feige has said just a month or so ago that Marvel is committing to a Black Widow movie. As a side note to this, the MCU is moving in a direction of a more galactic scale where the Kree have been featured in a few of the MCU properties, thus leading up to a Captain Marvel. Having a solo Captain Marvel movie is really a good thing.

Gamiel and WebLurker like this.
  16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Soooo...I'm guessing that the Reality Stone figures big in Dr. Strange. So that means:

Space and Reality were on Earth.
    Time was the Aether (?)
    Power was on that one planet in GotG
    Mind was given by Thanos to Loki

Space and Time were given to the Collector, but where are they now?
    Power is in the hands of the Nova Corps
    Reality and Mind are still on Earth

Will we see Adam Warlock and the Soul Gem in GotG2?

17. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

How could the Aether be a time Infinity Stone, given that it's main purpose was destruction?

The known Infinity Stones so far are the Tesseract, the Aether, the Stone that was in Loki's scepter, and the Orb. At the beginning of the series, the Tesseract has been left on Earth by the Asgardians and was hidden by a Norwegian group, the Aether was hidden by the Asgardians somewhere, Thanos has the scepter's Stone, and the Orb was on the dead world Morag.

Currently (unless we learn otherwise), The Asgardians have the Tesseract, the Collector has the Aether, the scepter Stone is in the Vision's head, and the Orb is in custody of the Nova Corps. That means that there's only one unaccounted for.

Did I miss anything?

18. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Not necessarily. One of the things directly from the trailer is Strange learning to travel great distances, and in the comics he's traveling through all kinds of planes and space and all of these things. Even if the Reality Gem is on Earth, it might not have been on the same Earth.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Is Heidmall the opposite of Pokemon's Catch em all?

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    GotG2, Ego the Living Planet. Thanos gets a hold of the Power gem and destroys Ego.

At some point when the Infinity War films happen I picture Rocket and Stark having comedic scenes together.

Just a couple of random thoughts I had today.

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There needs to be a page in the Infinity War script where it just says "Ant-Man, Iron Man, Rocket Racoon and Star Lord are in a room. Let actors vamp for a three minute scene."

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Don't forget Spider-Man.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ABC Rethinking Its Marvel Approach

New ABC Entertainment President Channing Dungey told reporters at today's Television Critics Association’s summer press tour that the network would be reevaluating its approach to Marvel TV dramas.