main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I never saw the original Blade movies and have no intention to do so. But this new attempt might get the TLC that the current MCU gets and with the Doctor Strange films coming this could lead to a Strange/Blade/Montesi Formula movie.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Daughter of Blade with Snipes coming back as Blade in a supporting role could be great. Everyone kinda digs the whole Legacy Sequel thing nowadays, at least I do. Also at some point Dear Old Dad has to kick some vampire ass as well. Hopefully the vampires that he makes he big entry kill on is something like this:

[​IMG]

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If they reintroduce Blade I hope they use, or at least mention, that he is trained jazz musician and that he is British.
    No thanks, it is not really fun to begin the introduction of a character by mucking another francize (also if people still have problem with the Twilight series they need a better hobby like actually reading Dracula).

B.t.w. I am possibly ratter alone in this but I prefer Blade's original look to the black & black with black leathercoat he have been wearing the last 25-30 years.

[​IMG]

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I like Snipes' look and it has sort of become synonymous with Blade at this point but the OG appearance look ain't bad either.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ye gods, I was just talking about Luke Cage's 70's get up and now I see this horror before me.

No folks, the characters look much, MUCH better in the 21st century, thank ye.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is that Wil Wheaton's son?

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I'd definitely be open to a Father/Daughter team vampire hunter team ups. I mean, team ups/crossovers is all the rage now. Plus, the articles from a year ago about the Father/Daughter Blade series allude to a "master/apprentice" type of situation, which the master is surely to die. So, I hope this next generation of Blade does happen. I mean, the next generation Robbie Reyes Ghostrider appears to be a hit. Speaking of Ghostrider, I hope a Johnny Blaze version of the character is in the works as well. Perhaps a Legion of Monsters.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You say that as if his 70's look was bad.

Also (beside the one he have in Marvel Adventure and the one in the current Power Man & Iron Fist) most of his other looks lack personality, which his original had.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Gamiel likes this.
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    thank goodness long running marvel characters didn't get big 70s makeovers

but then I remember in the 60s at one point Mary Jane Watson actually did get a perm briefly.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd love to see Snipes do another Blade movie because good god was Trinity awful.

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    90's hero styles were the worst.

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

The man said it himself: "you look like a damn fool".

:p

Gamiel likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True, but so do most superheroes :p

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

I would like Luke Cage to have a costume though, so the nod to the 70s version was nice. I love this fanmade pic.

[​IMG]

VadersLaMent and Gamiel like this.
  16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Speaking of Cage and the Netflix shows, with Iron Fist confirmed for March, it presumably means that by about this time next year, we'll have The Defenders out. Can't wait for that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Punisher is filming now, so I was thinking that would be late 2017, making Defenders 2018. Unless they've filmed Defenders. Or are doing three shows a year.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That'd be awesome casting. Deadpool would be jealous.

The comiccon teaser stated 2017. They're supposed to start filming very soon, by the end of this year (as soon as Iron Fist wraps).

Since Defenders is only an 8-episode miniseries, it's quite possible Netflix will do two full series plus the mini next year and then revert to just the two full series afterwards.

Otherwise Punisher might be 2018, but I'm thinking '18 will be DD S3 (since they can't film that until after Defenders as it's the same crew) and JJ S2 (since it was already announced).

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Punisher is filming now. No way that's going in the can for over a year.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's why I'm thinking they'll go the "2.5 series in 2017" route. Unless there's contract/availability issues for the Punisher actor that they're working around by shooting early- but I have to imagine they already included any availability clauses in his existing contract.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I would think it more likely she has some type of role in Captain Marvel. Any characters in Carol's history that would fit an actress like Sigourney Weaver?

23. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Still looks like a damn fool. C'mon man, he may a tough motha but I can't take the dude seriously if he steps out in broad daylight dressed like that. :p

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Sigourney Weaver for Janet Van Dyne I'm just gonna guess.

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Sigourney Weaver for Pepper Potts. I can't stand Paltrow. I already called the VP of Hollywood, but all I got was a busy tone :(

Darth_Invidious and BigAl6ft6 like this.