main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well they were very positive on Most Wanted too and then they surprisingly didn't move forward with it. Seems to be a lot of contradiction in the shows, one minute they are all for them and the next they aren't.

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  3. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    He's one of the most interesting and dynamic Marvel characters, and one of the oldest. Though I've often found his solos a little lacking, he has great potential.

Master_Lok and Gamiel like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A lot of that was the result of ABC execs changing. New guy not following up on stuff the old guy had in the pipeline to make room for his own.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

WebLurker to each their own. He can work beyond that setting and beyond the FF, besides, you could always transplant those Namor storylines to other Marvel characters / teams. Plus, the fact that he is the first mutant.

I happen to side with soitscometothis insofar as Namor. I do hope if they run with him they do not include the recent Wakanda war though, I liked both sides enough not to want to see that war happen. I'd still like to see other elements of Hickman's Marvel work made into movies though.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I think they are just going to cancel AoS.

7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Fari enough. Although what use his his being a mutant if mutants don't exist in the MUC? (Also, wasn't Apocalypse the first mutant?)

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm not really excited by this news because the lack of details. First of all, I need to know the Inhuman characters that will be in this TV series. Will it be the Daisy/Quake lead Inhumans or the classic Royal family Inhumans from the comics? Or will it be both? Will it feature Kamala Khan? If it's going to be Daisy and the Inhumans featured on Agents of SHIELD, then it does not preclude the an Inhuman movie with the MCU proper. So for now, I'm holding back any enthusiasm for the Inhumans TV show until there's an official confirmation of the cast of characters that will be used for the show.

8 episodes sounds good to me as it's close to the Netflix model, and (to me) it's good for story telling in that there won't be any filler episodes and they'll probably put more money into each episode. We know they will for the first two as it's an IMAX presentation.

This is the speculation:

[​IMG]

This is a long delay for a TV show. From what I understand, rewrites happen on the fly during the course of a season, so it's kind of odd to have a delay this long. To me, this delay means they are totally rewriting the series (which could have been the teen/young adult version of the characters to a more adult version) as there was a rebranding of the network from "ABC Family" to "Freeform." It also could move to either Netflix or other Disney channels.

As for the Submariner... if there's any movie studio that can take an obscure and 5th tier character and turn it into a box office success it's Marvel. So if DC/WB's Aquaman flick is a box office hit, Marvel would sure to follow with Namor. Let's not forget, Namor was part of Marvel's Invaders and a good friend of Captain America. Perhaps Namor helped Cap bust out his friends from the Raft at the end of Captain America: Civil War. :p
    [​IMG]

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    "ABC's The Inhumans will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family."

Given that it'll be airing on the same network and is now a Marvel TV property (which crosses over between is properties more frequently), one can probably assume we'll see some kind of connection between the two sets of Inhumans.

I think you have things mixed up there- while ABC Family has been rebranded to Freeform, C&D was developed as a series for Freeform. And Freeform is branded towards teen/young adult.

So if any rewriting were to be happening in terms of altering the take on the characters, it would be towards a teen/young adult take, not away. But it was pitched/announced as a teen/young adult take for Freeform.

So, I think its safe to say it's not the overall target demo being altered (unless it is moved away from Freeform).

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm certain that the connection will be made, regardless of AOS continuing or whoever the showrunners will be.

Between shows like "Pretty Little Liars" and "Dead Of Summer", the latter of which was like a PG-13 slasher film, I'd say that C&D should be just fine on Freeform.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I forget where I read it but it seems the ABC version of the first two episodes will contain more content than the 2 IMAX eps that'll be released. So personally I may just skip the IMAX version and just watch it on the TeeVee to start.

Also speaking of Freeform (and where the Cloak & Dagger info came from) was this article in the Hollywood reporter. Great piece of art here re. network struggling to find an ID / audience

[​IMG]

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they're shooting it on IMAX, which suggests there are going to be visuals or sequences that will benefit from the large screen format presentation.

However, it is odd that the network debut will have the extra content- I get wanting them to pull in ratings on the network proper, but if people are paying for the IMAX version, surely that should get the bonus content and let the "free" version with commercials be the one cut down to fit a network runtime, etc.

Darkslayer, BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My computer won't let me type Namor he was the first mutant character created, not the first mutant that existed. The MUC? < MCU? They may or may not use the mutant angle, but there's plenty they could do with Namor.

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Angela Bassett has been officially cast as Black Panther's mother Ramonda.
    I cannot believe we're getting this cast

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's amazing...

16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Given the A list and excellent caliber actors in many Marvel productions, it's easy for me, but I know what you mean.
    Glad to see Ms. Bassett stepping back up to the plate. She's awesome.

17. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    personally i found the rebranding of ABC Family to Freeform as insulting. They basically want to keep the stuff that families watch like Harry Potter and 25 days of Christmas , while doing racier stuff too. It's also opened up their film showings to stuff like Fast and Furious: i don't know where we'd see movies like that without Freeform. :rolleyes:

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

[​IMG]

Which means there will be (an estimated) 60 hours of Marvel magic.

[​IMG]

20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    And that's not even counting we'll most likely get Martin Freeman and Serkis in Black Panther

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Might also get Sebastian Stan for Black Panther.

It would be all kinds of awesome if Misty Knight need a bionic arm and went to Wakanda to borrow Bucky's. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So she got her groove back then?

23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I wish Wakanda bordered Zamunda so we could have Eddie Murphy and JEJ in this.

24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    hoping for cameo [face_laugh]

Diggy likes this.
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    This is the second time today I wish I didn't scroll down. :p Bucky's arm is all kinds of trouble (at least it was while Ed Brubaker was writing the character); Misty doesn't need that.

I'd be very happy if Sebastian showed up in BP, but seriously, the guy needs more freakin' screen time.