main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Feige says no-go for a theoretical Marvel/Fox deal.

“It’s an impossibility at this juncture. We certainly have enough films to keep us busy for a number of lifetimes.”

They're also apparently no longer actively considering recasting characters as an option ala James Bond.

"Luckily we don’t have to make that [recasting] decision anytime soon. There are a lot of movies that everyone is signed on for, and we get to enjoy them for a long time. Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man, and right now I can’t envision anyone else. Chris Evans has embodied Captain America as well as any actor has ever embodied an iconic pop-culture figure like that… There’s a precedent for it in other franchises that suggests it’s possible. But right now I don’t want to think about it and don’t need to think about it.”

VadersLaMent likes this.
  2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Didn't Chris Evans say he'll play Cap as long as they'll have him? That's one character they won't have to worry about anyway.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    No surprise that Feige says at "this juncture" is an impossibility to crossover the films because it is. At this juncture, Marvel Studio is deep into Phase III. However, Phase IV might be a different story as there's alot of people hopeful that the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc might find it's way back to Marvel Studios or perhaps Marvel and Fox can reach a deal like Sony and Marvel has.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    "Other Franchises" ... You mean ... like The Hulk?

5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Anyone have a favorite Marvel IP, that they want to see, that isn't in development yet (Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, etc.) or has already been on screen (Blade, F4)?

I'm actually surprised scripts or a pilot for Moon Knight hasn't been shopped around yet for Netflix.

My guilty pleasure would be Shang Chi though.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Nova!

7. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Richard or Sam?

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013

9. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Not for an origin story.

If they do it, I think they may use Sam but with Rich's origin.
    Not what I'd prefer but I think that's what they would do.

10. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I prefer Richard.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd love for them to eventually do some version of Avengers: The Initiative. That series was fantastic.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That... doesn't seem like a wise tactic.

BigAl6ft6 and Yodaminch like this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    As you said, Moon Knight. But either cable or hard R (especially if they use some of Moench or Huston's storylines). Seems to me, Axel is trying hard to groom Marc for something with this current arc (yes, I capitulated), but if I get some of Huston's run mixed in I am good. And even better, if Anson Mount is cast as Marc. :)

16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Moon Knight is a matter of when not if. He's one one of the last Marvel properties with his own supporting characters and background. His origin doesn't require other properties like She-Hulk with Hulk or Spider-Woman with Nick Fury.

Netflix might have him when one of the other shows runs its course. Hulu might want some of that R-rated comic book audience.
    Or any other cable network that sees Netflix Marvel show ratings and want a piece of it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Silly observation, but I like how each Netflix show has a color motif in the title sequence and the title logo itself.

Daredevil = red
    Jessica Jones = purple
    Luke Cage = yellow
    Iron Fist = green

I assume Defenders and Punisher will each either be black or white

Now I have to figure out what Marvel street characters are associated with blue and orange

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wanted to see a ROM film for the longest time, but learned that Marvel didn't own the rights to that character, but does own the term "Space Knight" IIRC.

I love to see an Alpha Flight movie, but I'm not sure if Marvel owns the right to those characters either.

I love for Marvel to do a "Legion of Doom" type of film since they been lacking in the bad guy department, and it would be great if Marvel had the rights to Dr. Doom to put on the Legion of baddies. Or do an Avengers vs. Squadron Supreme (which is basically the Justice League) flick.

At some point, I'd like to see She Hulk and Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel.

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Daughters of the Dragon

21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I wear white so they can see me coming... =D=

22. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Netflix just announced Luke Cage season 2.
    Of course, this will be after Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher, Jessica Jones season 2 and Daredevil season 3.

Looks like we'll going to have to wait longer for Moon Knight.

23. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I can't stress your fourth paragraph enough.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Moon Knight: if they use the current run mixed with Charlie Huston's the Bottom they could have one hell of a Netflix series or R rated series of movies and should they go there, I'd be happy to wait it out.

cerealbox likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012