main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    All we're missing is the alien invasion now.

Alpha-Red and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's what the wall will stop.

3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Single greatest post I've read all year.

BigAl6ft6 and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Ellis' run is where Jack Flagg
    was crippled by Bullseye right?
    if yes, then I agree. That was a pretty crazy run...

I would like to see the stakes rise considerably for the MCU as a whole; especially since the Cap now Avengers screenwriters seem to constantly choke on that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Only one major player died in the comics and not because of CW, but because of a Captain America based storyline that was already in play.

6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Everyone forgets Goliath.

Healer_Leona and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  7. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    He's a third string Avenger. But be that as it may, there's no need to kill anyone in the film since just about everyone has a solo film series, may be in an upcoming solo film series, or will be in the upcoming "Infinity War" film. Kinda pointless to kill someone when there's use for them elsewhere. The film universe doesn't have a few hundred characters to choose from to kill arbitrarily, just to give the film gravitas.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Guys, I meant the movie, not the comics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

9. DenOfEarth

DenOfEarth Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    Can't wait for Guardians 2 which is my second most anticipated movie of the year after John Wick 2 and see if they can catch the same lightning in a bottle.

10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Will you please stop ****ing saying "lightning in a bottle"?

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, it's just better to use a gif. :p

[​IMG]

Diggy , Master_Lok, Alpha-Red and 2 others like this.
  12. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I also forget the New Warriors deaths which kicked off the whole thing.
    Say what you will about Microbe being a minor character, but Night Thrasher was relatively big in the 90s.

And Namorita goes back to the 70s, created by Bill Everett.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, that's the one. While it may be sacrilege to skip over the initial Zemo-led Masters of Evil classic lineup because it's such a good twist I do think that the 12 Ellis issues could be crammed into a single flick, mostly because Ellis did a lot of widesreen action comics in those issues. But the core conflict of Norman Osborn tries to lead team of leashed super villains to do Justice Like Lightning without going full Goblin, by the end he says screw it and goes Full Goblin, that is a great structure for a flick. (although, yes, it will draw comparisons to Suicide Squad but that is bound to happen eventually if you go Thunderbolts anyway)

And it would have more impact if they could bump off some C-listers. Although the MCU has a dearth of C-listers who can be canon-fodder filler, everyone ends up getting their own darn movie or TV show. Hence why nobody really important hit the skids in Civil War movie. But I would argue that Civil War is something the characters should live with their actions as opposed to being bumped off.

Master_Lok likes this.
  14. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    They were second stringers in the 90's and sixth string when CW happened.

Not big enough to keep his solo series going.

But never starred in her own solo series and was mainly a reoccurring character until the New Warriors series launched. She-Hulk is an A-lister since had her own series, would sometimes appear in the Hulk comic and was a member of both the Fantastic Four and the Avengers.

15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Deadline has the official cast of the Runaways parents.....10 of them.

Molly's parents are strangely not cast.

Also it's a different actress for Nico's mom than Dr Strange.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The casting of Alex's parents, especially his dad, is key if they follow the comics and what happens in later issues.

My favourite addition? Annie Wersching!!! aka Freckles from "24", she was only on two seasons and was Jack's sidekick but she does determined real well. (she's also early in the videogame The Last of Us as well in a major part). also, hey, Spike from Buffy is there and since I've never really seen any Buffy or Angel it'll be cool to see him do stuff. But, yay, Annie Wersching!

cerealbox likes this.
  17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I didn't mind Molly's last name change because of the actress they cast.

But now with the exclusion of Molly's parents, I wonder if they are significantly changing her backstory. (And yes, I'm aware of the mutant situation)

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hurm, Molly's backstory could use a little bit of tweaking and not harm what the character is, really. The character is awesome but the main point is what she does now is say awesome, funny one-liners and be the team's muscle and the fact that "oh, she's a mutant" was one of the easier ways to make her powered. So even if they just copy/paste her from "mutant" to "Inhuman" or they could actually go really wild with how Molly came to be, who is she, make a whole mystery out of it. As long as she's still the Molly in the storyline everybody loves I'm cool if they change around how she got her powers / what her origin is.

cerealbox likes this.
  19. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    It's just weird to me they haven't casted her parents. I wonder did her parents die in this adaptation and she's living with one of the other Pride families.

20. DenOfEarth

DenOfEarth Jedi Knight

Jan 27, 2013
    I'd love to see Howard The Duck get his own series

21. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Live action or something else?

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Howard the Duck did recently have a relaunch comic book series in 2015.

[​IMG]

Some think that Howard the Duck might be in Infinity War. It would be cool to see Howard in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 since he had his cameo in the end credit scene of the original film.

The 80's Howard the Duck film has a special place in my heart because of Lea Thompson and duck boobs.

[​IMG]

DenOfEarth and cerealbox like this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Disney are testing the duck waters with the Ducktales remake coming out this summer. If the public hunger for duck-centric entertainment is there, Howard will get a show.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Day One Infinity War:

I got a lil giddy nerd feeling seeing RDJ, Chriss Pratt, and dude who plays Spdier man whose name I forgot, standing there right off.

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I really hope the screenwriters do not muck this up.... Thanos slipping on the guantlet was a pretty cool geek moment though.