main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Why did Thanos even pull out the gauntlet when he didn't have the stones yet?

2. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

He might need to wear it in order to collect them. Plus, it would save him some time once he did collect them.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Tom Holland.

I was cracking up the whole time with the questions because it's so recognizably Tom Holland's Peter Parker-voice that I was curious how they were gonna play it...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    New rumor that the lot Marvel purchased for Inhumans (Project next) in Hawaii, the new Marvel Studios Oahu, will be eventually used for Namor.

7. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Though, I really think they got Triton confused with Namor.

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Was reading this thread backwards before I got to the video. Watched video. Waited for Thanos to slip on the gauntlet.

Thanos did not slip. Much disappointment.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

LOL...looked like it to me but...

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, I don't think will ever see Thanos slipping on the gauntlet like it was a banana peel like this:

[​IMG]

but there was that moment in the end of the video that was leaked from the El Capitan Theater/Marvel Phase 3 announcement back in Oct 2014 that featured this:

[​IMG]

Can't believe that when Infinity Wars hits the theaters, it will be 10 years since the launch of the MCU with the original Iron Man film. That's a well planned out cinematic universe.

As far as Namor, I'm sure Marvel is sitting back and observing what the DCEU will do with Aquaman. It's too bad that Marvel Studio doesn't have the rights to X-Men or the Fantastic Four because of the tie-ins Namor has with those characters.

11. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    So am I right in thinking that we could see news on the 2019 and 2020 movies this comic con?

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Maybe but I'd imagine they'll focus on Thor and the 2018 movies. Maybe some Captain Marvel-related announcements or confirmation of a post-Infinity War Strange 2, but I don't see them announcing much about the post-IW state until after IW itself.

13. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    It wouldn't surprise me if that a couple months after GotG vol.2 comes out, we find out that two of the 2020 movies are a Dr. strange sequel and the third GotG film. Comic Con San Diego fits that.

I'd also say we'll learn the title of the new marvel franchise film of 2020, as well. No director or actor names yet. Just possibly the script writers.

Master_Lok likes this.
  14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Kevin Feige says no.

Marvel’s Phase 4 Movies Are ‘Spoilers’ For Avengers: Infinity War

So, there probably won't be announcement of the 2019 or 2020 films until after Phase 3 is completed.

PimpBacca likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm waiting for them to announce a Hulk Vs Hulk Vs Hulk in which Eric Bana teams up with Edward Norton to take down Mark.

16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    We already know that the third 2019 movie is Sony's Spider-Man homecoming sequel in July.

And no matter what, pre-production needs to know what a movie is at least two years before release (one year before shooting.)

So at the minimum we'll learn what the 2020 films are next year. Maybe after Avengers Infinity (2018), but definately long before untitled Avengers
    Movie 4 (2019) is released.
    So, there probably won't be announcement of the 2019 or 2020 films until after Phase 3 is completed.

Edit: the guy who played Ramsey Bolton on GoT, has been cast as Maximus in the Inhumans tv show.

17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Casting him for Maximus is brilliant. Ramsay is pretty much Maximus to the max. Jealous of his brother? Check, Crazy? Check. Manipulative? Check. Sociopath? Check.

Looking forward to seeing who's next.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, honestly, this casting is the first time I've actually looked forward to the Inhumans movie/TV series because if we get to see Maximums the Mad as played by Ramsay Bolton doing basically Ramsay Bolton again, I'm pumped.

Although there is a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that if Fiege and the movie crew eventually gets their fabled Vin Diesel Inhumans movie that it'll completely wipe this from the map, creating the first big, notable divide between the movie and TV properties. I know it's all connected and all but Vin Diesel as Black Bolt starring Inhumans movie wouldn't mesh with the whoever is Black Bolt starring TV show.

19. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

We'll have to see if the Inhumans would even work on the big screen. Granted, with Guardians of the Galaxy, we know that anything can work regardless of initial popularity. But the Inhumans, I've gathered, have a reputation of being a poor man's X-Men. That's not exactly the best of hooks. (My reaction to first hearing that a movie was a possibility was: "Why is Marvel wasting one of their movie slots?")

If they did make an Inhumans movie, it would't be the first time that something was retconned; I understand that the Agent Carter TV show replaced the short of the same name.

20. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm a huge MCU fan, but I can't find any forum dedicated solely to this on the web. Does anyone know if there is one?

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    During Agent Carter's run it seemed like the short was retconned to me but by the finale, the short still fits. But a TV show retconning a short is small potatoes to a potential big time movie completely erasing a entire TV series (that is also getting a theatrical release of the first two episodes as well)

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

My understanding is the Inhumans now belongs to Marvel Entertainment, as oppose to Fiege's Marvel Studios and thus why it was taken off the MCU slate. I still don't mind this move for the reasons of (1) the Inhumans subbing for the X-Men and (2) hope this motivate Fiege to work on ensuring the Fantastic Four and the characters related thereto return to Marvel. I would so love for Dr. Doom to be part of the MCU as I feel it's one of the villains the Fiege would build and develop like Loki.

As for Inhumans being a TV series instead of the MCU proper, everything I am hearing sounds good to great. I mean, the news that the first two episodes will be shot for IMax and the first season is only about to be about 8 to 10 episodes means that they're really going for quality. And the casting of Ramsay Bolton is a nice stroke to help paint the Inhumans picture.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Re-watched Doctor Strange tonight. Really is a terrific film, probably right there with Winter Soldier for me.

Budapest Cucumberpepper, in all honesty, gave a great performance.

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How? I'm pretty sure he just acted implausibly knowledgeable and then made a bunch of smarmy quips. Which is the same "amazing performance" given by Tony Starks, Ant Man, and anyone else who becomes a leading male actor in the MCU and isn't Captain America.