main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    RDJ could play Iron Man pretty much forever because it's a guy in a suit. Evans has to maintain peak physical condition. You start getting into the comics Marvel sliding timescale of how Cap has been perpetually unfrozen for about "five years or so" (that has lasted for decades) but Evans is going to, y'know, age and he can only look like a living perfect specimen for so long. There have been more than a few backups, Falcon Cap, Bucky Cap, so they have options to swap him out. Or they could even do Old Cap (who had the super solider serum wear off for a time). But there's only so many years / time you can have Evans be like Captain America. It seems that the MCU keeps growing outward where they can retire the original Avengers and then swap in new ones, seems to be the plan.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    it looks like he's good for a few more years.

the other Caps'....they aren't Steve Rogers. i never connected much with the comic book Cap, but Evans has been great giving that character dimension.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Evans has also said in the past that he'd basically retire from acting to focus on directing but make an exception for Cap. So he's out into play a broad range of possibilities in his comments on the subject.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, we did just recently have a movie where a dead actor was brought back to life with CGI...

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, really, if the hold-up is Evans having to stay in peak Cap condition, the joke becomes "If only we had the technology to put Evans's head onto another actor's body...."

[​IMG]

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    ..or y'know, he could have a heroic, self-sacrificing death in Infinity War and have someone else pickup the shield to honor/replace him. That is, if Marvel's gonna continue cranking out this stuff to infinity an beyond.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Jackman is 13 years older, and can still turn it on, no reasons Evans can't aswell.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Didn't Steve Rogers come back to life in the comics? I mean if they didn't even want to stray from the original Cap there, why would they want to do so with a much wider audience?

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Because making a movie with a replacement Cap would make it more viable for them to sell comics with that replacement long-term due to that wider audience exposure.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    WebLurker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    heels1785, thought this was kinda funny.

Don't worry Steve & Co., my money's on you.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and PCCViking like this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Guess he will be eating brains.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Seriously?!

Random Comments likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    R-rated Venom can totally be a thing and pass. Also by R-rated I'd wager we're in for some Carnage V Venom mayhem. Carnage, if it is a thing, would be real hard to do PG-13.

What I'm interested in is if Disney / MCU (Venom seems solo Sony) will see that the R-rated comic book movie seems to be a thing, that's making a profit, and if we'll get a proper MCU movie that'll be R-rated.

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I see what you did there...

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I don't know too many main MCU films that could benefit from being R-rated outside of the Punisher, Blade and Ghost Rider. I think it should be saved for characters like that.

17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Moon Knight

Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would like this. I think it would be a cool send-off for Evans and would really leave lasting consequences for the Thanos plotline (which needs to happen).

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm calling it. I think IW will need that moment to propel the heroes to final victory against an Infinity Gauntlet wearing, godlike Thanos.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    They'll probably be lazy and have Vision getting his head ripped open as the catalyst.

21. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, I think it goes without saying that Thanos needs to get that gem somehow and that it won't be pretty.

RIP JarViz

Jedi Merkurian , Ghost and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Aaron Sorkin is going to chat with honchos at both Marvel and DC!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/28/aaron-sorkin-in-talks-with-marvel-dc/

“I happen to have meetings coming up with both DC and Marvel," he said. "I have to go into these meetings and tell them as respectfully as I can that I’ve never read a comic book. It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just that I’ve never been exposed to one. So, I’m hoping that somewhere in their library is a comic book character that I’m gonna love and I’m going to want to go back and start reading from the first issue on.”

Probably nothing to come of it but I would dig. Chatty Aaron Sorkin with a multiple cast of oddballs with distinctive personality quirks thrown together? Uhm .... X-Factor Investigations! First one that popped into my head. (maybe wrong thread for it since it would be 20th Century Fox Merry Mutants but whatever)

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah, I'm really starting to believe the online theory that Heimdall has the orange Soul stone. And he'll be killed by Thanos too.

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Actually Heimdall biting it in either Ragnork or Infinity War seems likely if only because Idris Elba has much higher star wattage than in the 1st Thor flick. This is assuming his contract for the 1st Thor flick is even still valid anymore, those things do expire. They did give him cool stuff to do in all 3 of his appearances, though. He gets a great scene in both Thor flicks and his Age of Ultron cameo lets him drop Crazy Exposition.

25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Where does that come from. I've never seen any hints as to his having the soul gem. And it'd be just a little too silly that the Asgardians happen to have so many of the gems in their grasp at one time or another when at least two of them stated that it was a bad idea to do so.