main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Wow that looks awesome....and feels very different than the other 2 Thor movies.

Ghost likes this.
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Because it looks awesome ;)

3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Looks good, loved them using Immigrant Song in it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I liked Thor well enough, but Thor 2 is my least favorite movie in the MCU. I do like the character and I've been hoping he gets a movie up to his/Hemsworth's level. This may be it. Digging the premise, loving the cast (Goldblum!). And great song choice here.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That was a most excellent teaser trailer. Great musical score, bright colors, a great sense of fun and action. It definitely feels like that same world of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

And that line, "He's a friend from work!" had me [face_laugh]=D=

November is going to be a good month for comic book flicks.

6. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Looks cool but Thor without the hammer is a bummer.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Cast looks great. Plot looks good. Humor is there while still being pretty dark. Looking forward to seeing this.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    "He's a friend from work" is too strong a description of their relationship. "Occasional sparring partner" would be a better description.

I really do hate when teasers/trailers spoil too many cool moments in the film. I so would've preferred seeing the "holy ***" breaking of Mjolnir moment on he big screen.

How in the hell did she break ****** Mjolnir?! She's so gonna rue the day...

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ Yeah, that's why I try to avoid trailers for films I know I'm going to see. I thought this was a "teaser" trailer in the sense it wouldn't show big moments in the film, like mjolnir being smashed.

10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Metal isn't supposed to shatter like that.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Even fictional metal?

12. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well, it might be magical, super-strong metal in a work of fiction...but when we look at it we generally assume that it acts like the metal we know, right? It's heavy, it's silver-gray, when you hit something with it it goes *clang*, etc.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know of any metal that, formed into a hammer head, can make me fly. So no.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He's more optimistic after his time spent with Darryl during Team Thor.

That's clearly an early inciting moment in the film though (long hair on Thor, Hela looks like she just woke up/got freed) so it's sort of the setup the film they're selling. Not sure one can fault a trailer for including that.

Master_Lok likes this.
  16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    To me there's such as thing as being too obsessed with spoiler free. You might as well stay off the internet, don't go to the theater and don't turn on your television if you don't want to be spoiled.

17. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    The last time I made an effort at being spoiler-free, it was for Revenge of the Sith. It wasn't that hard...I did watch the trailers, but for the most part I wasn't running into spoilers everywhere and I didn't have to go hugely out of my way to avoid them.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I had been expecting Immigrant Song to show up in something Thor related at some point.

In regards to trying to be spoiler free for just about anything, I have two main problems to contend with, the fact I really get or see anything when it is first released or premieres and I frequent wikis.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm assuming that the Mjolnir breaking is, probably literally, within the first 10-15m of the movie and therefore not really a spoiler...

The2ndQuest , cerealbox and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, it wouldn't really surprise me if it was very early in the film.

I made a typo in my previous post I didn't notice until it was too late, I meant I "never" really get or see anything right away.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

this logic you create out of thin air. its fantastic!

plz explain what makes the first 10-15 minutes of the story exempt

22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  23. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Immigrant Song is a natural for a Thor movie, but No Quarter would be awesome too...he's even mentioned in it.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I'm just saying it's not really material for the story other than driving the actual plot later -- I'm assuming most of the good tidbits are in the back half / two-thirds of the movie. Similar to the marketing of The Force Awakens... people thought they were spoiled from things shown in all of the trailers, and really they weren't at all.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, I think this Ragnarok teaser will do the same for "Immigrant Song" as the Guardian of the Galaxy teaser did for Hook on a Feeling.